Wednesday Night Rankings Talk

Y2CJ41

This Wednesday we will have a Google Hangout chat with myself, Mike Reiser(individual ranking guru) and Dane Fuelling(team ranking guru). We will be discussing the rankings, matches to watch, etc.

If you have any questions for these guys please post here, there will also be the ability to ask us during the program.

I will post a link either tonight or tomorrow with more information.

I have a question to ask. Please allow me to preface by saying that I truly understand rankings are simply an opinion. I also understand that they don't mean anything. The only thing that matters is who is on the podium at the end. I get that. But I had a specific question about a ranking.

At 160, Koontz from Edgewood started the season ranked 15th. That was a fair ranking based on last year. In the first quad dual of the season, he bumped to 170 for the first two rounds. He won those two matches including one against Deerwester from Terre Haute South. He went 5-0 on the day. He then gets bumped from the rankings the following week. I understand that he didn't wrestle anyone that was ranked at the time. Now, however, Deerwester is ranked 7th at 170. What I don't get is that Koontz is still unranked at 160. I don't want to be one of "those guys," but some insight into the thinking process here would be helpful.

Wanted to thank you guys for answering my question. I'll make sure I keep you guys updated better on individual results. Just so I make sure you know. Koontz' results for that day were as follows:

Koontz over Greenwood 170(not sure of the name) 5-0

Koontz over Deerwester at 170 9-5

Koontz over Brownsburg at 160 by fall

Koontz over Brown County at 160 by fall

Koontz over Bloomington North at 160 by fall

Chambers is an Edgewood kid as well and I will keep you guys updated as much as I can. Again, I appreciate what you guys do and I can't imagine how difficult that job can be. Keep up the good work. It's going to be a great season!

Wanted to thank you guys for answering my question. I'll make sure I keep you guys updated better on individual results. Just so I make sure you know. Koontz' results for that day were as follows:

Chambers is an Edgewood kid as well and I will keep you guys updated as much as I can. Again, I appreciate what you guys do and I can't imagine how difficult that job can be. Keep up the good work. It's going to be a great season!

For sure I'm glad you asked I'm sure a lot of people have the same questions. I really lucked out because they emailed me last night so I had just put them in the rankings too for the next update

Thanks for the question, we get asked it quite a bit and most people do not know that we have numerous people sending information every week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.