Fort Wayne semi state rankings

boomer

Maybe you should let your wrestlers prove themselves before you talk them up. Let them do the talking on the mat before you project them to go to state. Let their wrestling do the talking. Scruggs preaches it. I'm not questioning your knowledge of wrestling, but you can only learn so much from practice so basing rankings off of that is risky buy good luck to the kids you have worked with.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good buddy from Madison County, Joe Stewart. Also I have 2 Seymour connections. Evansville is a tuffy. With Mater Dei down last year I was thrown off. Me heard from a little birdie they will be back in a major way this year. I'll have to tackle that one after NC. @ Caleb..I just love Lone figured you knew him is all.

While your at it you might as well do a merrilville ss ranking too.

I can't wait for his state rankings

Man i knew I'd win you over (in my sarcasm voice)I can do my state picks now.106-Hildebrandt,113-Red 120-Cash 126-Micic 132-James 138-LeCount 145-Forte 152-Macri 160-Stewart 170-Rypel182-McCloskey195-Omar ;)220-Hernandez-HwtBernard

Now discuss amongst yourselves lol

Man i knew I'd win you over (in my sarcasm voice)I can do my state picks now.106-Hildebrandt,113-Red 120-Cash 126-Micic 132-James 138-LeCount 145-Forte 152-Macri 160-Stewart 170-Rypel182-McCloskey195-Omar ;)220-Hernandez-HwtBernard

mine are very different and even the ones that are the same, I have in different weight classes:

106 Egli

113 Red

120 Micic

126 James

132 Cash

138 Lecount

145 Forte

152 Corsaro

160 Hughes

170 Sopko

182 Mccloskey

195 Thacker

220 Pardue

285 Robinson

dang doesnt take old Heavy Handz long to put his picks together they look good to me. all the time y2 spent going back and forth with him he could have done all four semistates lol..........................

his handz might be heavy but his fingerz are fast!

Aside from Cash at 120(I think he'll be bigger and would pick Zack Davis), Stewart at 160(I pick Hughes), and Omar at 195... I really can't argue anything.

Except I would pick Robinson over Bernard, but that one could do either way.

106- egli 113- red 120- davis 126- micic 132- james 138- lecount 145- macri 152- forte 160-corsaro 170- sopko 182-mccloski, 195- wagner 220-miller 285- robinson

But those aren't state rankings, those are state champ picks. Just sayin.

106- egli 113- red 120- davis 126- micic 132- james 138- lecount 145- macri 152- forte 160-corsaro 170- sopko 182-mccloski, 195- wagner 220-miller 285- robinson

But those aren't state rankings, those are state champ picks. Just sayin.

i would say NICfan is the closest of all of you......

I want to thank the supporters and haters...Fort Wayne is now being spoken about. Hopefully the kids in our area are on notice: Time to step up. Because of our proximity to Ohio and Michigan, not to mention Adams,Jay and Delaware County;we should be competitive and even dominate in some years.  Middle School wrestling is not going to happen here anytime soon so all parents and Coaches in Fort Wayne in particularly need to be proactive about preparing your kids. Camps,Clinics and off season tournaments will supplement the lack of Junior High scholastic participation. I'll assert it will make a huge difference. I'd also appreciate the Love from Mr. Woods down a little south and Andy Uhl for wanting to help out and not fearing the competition. I got a lot of flack this off season cause I'm loud, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. Some came and told me they wished I would move back to Iowa. Wanna know why?Everyone in our club defeated people they lost to during the regular season. They got better when they got taught some actual technique and understood someone was truly interested in their successes. I won't apologize.  I'm not moving. I have 5 boys 16-3years old who all wrestle so get accustomed to me being around Budinski.I love the sport I believe it gives you so many life lessons they are too numerous to mention. 

General Weighty Paws out!

Will you be holding any clinics this summer or fall? I would really love for my son to learn from a great like yourself. I have heard stories about you and you ability to get the best out of any kid.

Don't listen to that scumbag Y2D2 he can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Sir you are well informed. We will be attending

Summer Clinic @ Jay County July 26th,27th - Looking for a few teams, $35 fee. I've been told by a reliable source this will be a great clinic. I've tried to schedule Clinics and Tourneys in the area and I'm being met with resistance(it's cliquish around here). The haters won't win though and I'm working on a permanent site for this year.  If you are ever up here you can go to Indiana Tech Thursday's 6:30-8 Pompeii and Early do a great job with the kids. Besides that my other co-coaches and myself would be more than happy to train with your son ...free of charge just inbox me your info..As for Y2....I have 7 kids so I'm used to whining ;D

I want to thank the supporters and haters...Fort Wayne is now being spoken about. Hopefully the kids in our area are on notice: Time to step up. Because of our proximity to Ohio and Michigan, not to mention Adams,Jay and Delaware County;we should be competitive and even dominate in some years.  Middle School wrestling is not going to happen here anytime soon so all parents and Coaches in Fort Wayne in particularly need to be proactive about preparing your kids. Camps,Clinics and off season tournaments will supplement the lack of Junior High scholastic participation. I'll assert it will make a huge difference. I'd also appreciate the Love from Mr. Woods down a little south and Andy Uhl for wanting to help out and not fearing the competition. I got a lot of flack this off season cause I'm loud, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. Some came and told me they wished I would move back to Iowa. Wanna know why?Everyone in our club defeated people they lost to during the regular season. They got better when they got taught some actual technique and understood someone was truly interested in their successes. I won't apologize.  I'm not moving. I have 5 boys 16-3years old who all wrestle so get accustomed to me being around Budinski.I love the sport I believe it gives you so many life lessons they are too numerous to mention. 

General Weighty Paws out!

so what happened to the fort wayne area middle school wrestling?.....budget cuts i would assume?

so what happened to the fort wayne area middle school wrestling?.....budget cuts i would assume?

Yes and alleged inappropriate behavior by some coaches. Lack of interest. Unless you live in a rural area or like Iowa, administrators don't care about wrestling. You see it on a larger scale with the Olympic debacle.

Will you be holding any clinics this summer or fall? I would really love for my son to learn from a great like yourself. I have heard stories about you and you ability to get the best out of any kid.

Don't listen to that scumbag Y2D2 he can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Yah garrett has been aweful since he went there

He didn't make them any better he only sat his fat butt in the chair and ate hospitalty food all day long. Any one can do that.

Neeley will show the area what he is made of his impact will be felt soon enough. Don't forget the heavy handz!

He didn't make them any better he only sat his fat butt in the chair and ate hospitalty food all day long. Any one can do that.

Neeley will show the area what he is made of his impact will be felt soon enough. Don't forget the heavy handz!

I will paraphrase Coach Thomas Jarman:He literally wrote the book on wrestling i read as kid. He  Hall of Fame Coach at Taylor ,Northwestern ,and Manchester College (alma mater)"Wrestling is so simple so intricate :you need only perfect 3 moves and you can dominate any opponent. Takedown,Breakdown,Pin. The key is position. If a technique is applied with proper execution and in solid position it is unlikely to be countered. Heavy Hands with constant pressure."

He,Al Smith,Brent Lee,Henry Wilk,Fred Tone,Carl Evans,Sanford and Darryn Swanson,Terry Burton,Seth Congdon, Russ Isaacs,the Late Willie Gadson from City High in Iowa City,East Waterloo High in Iowa and All American at Iowa State my mentor R.I.H,Brad Smith for the opportunity. The great and underrated Original Gen Heavy Hands William Ragle who believed enough in a 20 year old kid he tried to hand over the reins. And good ole Trox. Tony Vaughn High SChool teammate, College coach. They deserve the credit. I'm just paying it forward.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.