Next years rankings

"Oh man did cathedral break any rules? Thatd be a bummer"

Yeah because Mishawaka never had a move in during your years there!? At least it seems Cathedral is getting them from 8th grade on. I still remember all the Penn fans being in an uproar over the recruiting from The Cavemen and their "Club".

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dlane and Caleb, you are both very right, Pepple and Hudkins can arguably both be in the top three. But my guess on here are the ones I put. What would your top three or five be?

It'd take too long for all the weights, but here is how I see the 113. I don't know enough about all the incoming freshman to guess on 106, but Konrath and Cummins are up there and I do think Pepple could get back down to 106. Still putting him at 113 though.

1. Red

2. Pepple

3. Hudkins

4. McCormick

5. Sinkovics

It'd take too long for all the weights, but here is how I see the 113. I don't know enough about all the incoming freshman to guess on 106, but Konrath and Cummins are up there and I do think Pepple could get back down to 106. Still putting him at 113 though.

1. Red

2. Pepple

3. Hudkins

4. McCormick

5. Sinkovics

IMO, I think the only ones here most likely to be at 113# will be Hudkins and Pepple. No way for Sinkovics he's been 130+, and Red will have trouble staying at 113 and IMO could win it at 120# unless Micic is there, which I also doubt. McCormick looks very big now as well for 113#.

Micic is at 119, down from 123-125 walking around weight, this weekend at FILA and IMO wins it in that group. So I think he'd be a very safe bet at 126 this year.

IMO, I think the only ones here most likely to be at 113# will be Hudkins and Pepple. No way for Sinkovics he's been 130+, and Red will have trouble staying at 113 and IMO could win it at 120# unless Micic is there, which I also doubt. McCormick looks very big now as well for 113#.

Micic is at 119, down from 123-125 walking around weight, this weekend at FILA and IMO wins it in that group. So I think he'd be a very safe bet at 126 this year.

It depends on how much Sinkovics is willing to cut. Down at state a kid from Mishawaka said he was 125-130 going into the season and made it to 106.  Probably NO way he can make 106, but 113 might be possibly in range.

And you're right about Red and McCormick. They will probably hit the freshman-sophomore year growth spurt that seems to be the most common time to hit one in high school.

It depends on how much Sinkovics is willing to cut. Down at state a kid from Mishawaka said he was 125-130 going into the season and made it to 106.  Probably NO way he can make 106, but 113 might be possibly in range.

And you're right about Red and McCormick. They will probably hit the freshman-sophomore year growth spurt that seems to be the most common time to hit one in high school.

IMO Sinko suffered at 106 this past year, he would have been better off at 113#. He may have learned a lesson about cutting weight. We will see. Either way 120# for him will be a solid 12-15 pound cut(10% of his body weight). IMO cutting much more than that creates a situation where the wrestler is has to focus more on holding weight than improving.

Why would Robinson cut back down to 220 if he's looking for a division I scholarship in football....

Maybe because the last time he wrestled at Hwt he got stuck by Winfield, and from what I've heard he is being recruited as a defensive end or outside linebacker in which I would guess they wouldn't want him any heavier than 240lbs I would think. I'm guessing he would be around 240lbs 2-3 weeks after the wrestling season would end, and to compete against the states best Hwt's I would think he would need to be at least around 260lbs..JMO Good luck to Gelen at whatever weight class he chooses!

Why isn't anyone talking about Brendon Kelley from Ev. Central, kid is a stud when he's healthy, hell he's a stud when he's not!

Kelley is probably top 3 at whichever weight he goes. I think the lack of title talk for him is because he has recently lost to Macri twice.

to compete against the states best Hwt's I would think he would need to be at least around 260lbs..JMO

Daniel Meyer from Bellmont weight less than 210, and took 3rd with only one loss all year, in overtime to the state champ... And I don't think he is as good as Gelen either.

Kelley is probably top 3 at whichever weight he goes. I think the lack of title talk for him is because he has recently lost to Macri twice.

Daniel Meyer from Bellmont weight less than 210, and took 3rd with only one loss all year, in overtime to the state champ... And I don't think he is as good as Gelen either.

When did Macri beat him and what was the score?

When did Macri beat him and what was the score?

I don't have exact scores on hand but recall the rest.

For 3rd at IHSAA State low scoring match Macri won by a few points.

In semi-finals of ISWA Folkstyle state higher scoring match with Kelley getting caught on his back in a few scrambled and then not able to close the gap enough late. Macri won by a few points again. 

I know Mccloskey is probably gonna end up a 197 lber at Purdue, that's where they would like him. So he will be 182-195 this season. Can't believe my little bantam 65 state champ is all grown up and only has one more yr of high school.....time absolutely flies bye, I remember when he won his very first medal at 4 yrs old, wore it for a week....those are the days I miss!!

3-1 for 3rd at IHSAA state. Tied up 1-1 and Macri got a takedown in the 3rd.

I think 9-6 at ISWA state. Kelley led at one point, but in the second period, Macri got 6 points and Macri set on cruise control in the third.

These guys are beasts. Everyone talks about the small guys but the 145/152 classes have a lot of real tough kids coming.

Actually heavyweight should be one of the more talked about weight classes.

Gelen Robinson- State champ, 2x placer

Wes Bernard- 2x placer

Shawn Streck- 7th last year

Eric Hemmelgarn- 2x placer

Gavan Jolley-Little- Qualifier with lots of national success

Norman Oglesby- Semi-state champ

Usually when guys of this quality are in any other weight areas they always find a way to avoid eachother, but at heavyweight they can't. It will be interesting to see how things shake out here.

The weights that I'm looking forward to next year are 126/132.

Stevan Micic - 2x champ

Deondre Wilson - 1x champ

Sawyer Miller - 2x top 4 placer

Brandon James - 2x placer

Josh Fuqua - 2x placer, 1x runner-up

Blake Denton - 3x qualifier

Drew Hughes - Runner-up

Bailey LaHue - 2x placer

Devin Broukal - 2x placer

Tommy Cash - 5th in 2012

Tyler Fleener - 7th in 2013(scored on the 126 and 132 state champs though)

Of course, a couple might not be in those two classes, but it seems like most of them will.

The weights that I'm looking forward to next year are 126/132.

Stevan Micic - 2x champ

Deondre Wilson - 1x champ

Sawyer Miller - 2x top 4 placer

Brandon James - 2x placer

Josh Fuqua - 2x placer, 1x runner-up

Blake Denton - 3x qualifier

Drew Hughes - Runner-up

Bailey LaHue - 2x placer

Devin Broukal - 2x placer

Tommy Cash - 5th in 2012

Tyler Fleener - 7th in 2013(scored on the 126 and 132 state champs though)

Of course, a couple might not be in those two classes, but it seems like most of them will.

i wouldn't be surprised to see a number of them at 120.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.