Next years rankings

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too early and kinda hard to guess rankings. Anyone that wants to attempt, more power to them. My best guess at the number ones...

106 - Drew Hildebrandt (only placer I think can make 106 again, and he'll probably be bigger and stronger. Egli and some other freshman could be up there.)

113 - CJ Red

120 - Stevan Micic

126 - Deondre Wilson (though Cash and James could make it interesting)

132 - Bailey Lahue (handled Drew Hughes at folkstyle state)

138 - Cody LeCount

145 - Tommy Forte

152 - Vincent Corsaro

160 - Rhett Hiestand (could probably be lots of others around here)

170 - Blake Rypel (another one that could have lots of options)

182 - Austin McCloskey

195 - Dakota Thacker

220 - Gelen Robinson

285 - Wesley Bernard

Don't be surprised if Micic is at 126#. I know Hildebrandt will be a returning placer at 106#, but some of the incoming freshman, even at Mville, will make it real tough on him. IMO Nick Lee might be ready to give James all he can handle at 126. I'd also be surprised to see Forte at 145#(152#). I do like Rypel at 170, but I'm leaning toward Sopko at 170# in a close one.

Don't be surprised if Micic is at 126#. I know Hildebrandt will be a returning placer at 106#, but some of the incoming freshman, even at Mville, will make it real tough on him. IMO Nick Lee might be ready to give James all he can handle at 126. I'd also be surprised to see Forte at 145#(152#). I do like Rypel at 170, but I'm leaning toward Sopko at 170# in a close one.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, Micic looked a lot bigger this year than he has in the past. Either way, he takes his third title at any weight.

With Forte at 152, where would Macri go? Think he'll make 145 next year? I'd be surprised to see him at 160.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, Micic looked a lot bigger this year than he has in the past. Either way, he takes his third title at any weight.

With Forte at 152, where would Macri go? Think he'll make 145 next year? I'd be surprised to see him at 160.

Micic is still walking around under 125, so he could be 120 if he wants. IMO I think preparing for D1 might be a priority for him this year. Regardless, I agree #3 for him this year at what ever weight he picks. Very obviously were he decides to go will greatly effect what weight others go next year. Macri may have to go 160#. Forte looks real big now, he would be a monster at 152# next year, and might be able to win it at 160# if he wants.

Rankings wise this is what I think:

106-Hildebrandt

113- Red

120- Hughes

126- Micic

132- James

138- Lykins

145- Lecount

152- Forte

160- Corsaro

170- Sopko?

182- McClosky

195- Thacker

220- Robinson

HWT- Bernard

Note* definitely not who I think wins state. I think 120, 132, 138, and 152 will be very interesting.

Marci goes 145 or 160?

Micic is still walking around under 125, so he could be 120 if he wants. IMO I think preparing for D1 might be a priority for him this year. Regardless, I agree #3 for him this year at what ever weight he picks. Very obviously were he decides to go will greatly effect what weight others go next year. Macri may have to go 160#. Forte looks real big now, he would be a monster at 152# next year, and might be able to win it at 160# if he wants.

152 and 160 could be interesting then. I think Corsaro could make 152, but if Forte goes 152, he'd go 160 instead. If Corsaro isn't at 160, I think Mishawaka will have state champs at back-to-back weights with Forte and Macri.

Rankings wise this is what I think:

106-Hildebrandt

113- Red

120- Hughes

126- Micic

132- James

138- Lykins

145- Lecount

152- Forte

160- Corsaro

170- Sopko?

182- McClosky

195- Thacker

220- Robinson

HWT- Bernard

Note* definitely not who I think wins state. I think 120, 132, 138, and 152 will be very interesting.

Marci goes 145 or 160?

There's no chance Hughs makes 120#, he might have trouble making 126. A James-Hughs matchup at 132# would be exciting. Does Red make 113# next year? IMO only if Micic goes 120#.

106 Hildebrandt

113 Red

120 Micic

126 James

132 cash

138 lecount

145 forte

152 corsaro

160 Hughes

170 Sopko

182 Mccloskey

195 Thacker

220  Robinson

285  Bernard

Plus many others that could be on top like macri, loe, Scott, Stewart, lee....will be a fun yr!

I was commenting because all his rankings he would always say that his were correct except for the ones he gets wrong....i thought it was funny, until you have to add your Stupid comment. I thought your time was valuable, that you had none of it to waste.....

do you constantly have to be a prick?

daddio,

I'd like to take the opportunity to take a swing at the lob ball you threw my way, in "short", yes, yes he does.  By the way, congrats on your son's college choice.  Great school, although I am a bit biased  ;)

Oh, and to actually address the topic, zero chance Robinson wrestles 220.  He and Bernard will be fun to watch should it happen.  Gelen is around 235-240 right now, I think he needs 10 more pounds before the size is equalized. 

daddio,

I'd like to take the opportunity to take a swing at the lob ball you threw my way, in "short", yes, yes he does.  By the way, congrats on your son's college choice.  Great school, although I am a bit biased  ;).

thanks pal, looking forward to being part of the Purdue family!!

152 and 160 could be interesting then. I think Corsaro could make 152, but if Forte goes 152, he'd go 160 instead. If Corsaro isn't at 160, I think Mishawaka will have state champs at back-to-back weights with Forte and Macri.

I could see Stewart at 152lbs and Corsaro at 160lbs for the Irish! Wouldn't that be murders row Stewart 152lbs, Corsaro 160lbs, and Rypel 170lbs? Some people have all 3 ranked #1! Now throw in Harvey and Bernard  :o

I could see Stewart at 152lbs and Corsaro at 160lbs! Wouldn't that be murders row Stewart 152lbs, Corsaro 160lbs, and Rypel 170lbs? Some people have all 3 ranked #1! Now throw in Harvey and Bernard  :o

if we're talking about good school pairs at 152 and 160, we gotta throw in Yorktown too. Chandler Carroll will probably end up at 152 and Rhett Hiestand at 160.

I could see Stewart at 152lbs and Corsaro at 160lbs for the Irish! Wouldn't that be murders row Stewart 152lbs, Corsaro 160lbs, and Rypel 170lbs? Some people have all 3 ranked #1! Now throw in Harvey and Bernard  :o

Some or one?

You guys really don't care of putting that HUGE target on your kids back. Pretty  sure the kid that won 160  last year was not even ranked in top 8 before the season. Its May, relax..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.