State Picks

BB145

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking more about the comment I heard on Saturday than your prediction. I don't know who the guy was but he told me that he would bet almost anything that Connor would win state. I don't know if it was someone who doesn't follow wrestling much or what. And really don't care that you picked him. I like when people make bold predictions.

they said that about eric gulka too but mcmurry proved everyone wrong

slight difference between galka and micic. Galka never won it til his junior year. Micic defeated Nathan Boston pretty assuredly. The only reason I think he didn't win his freshman year is because he looked sickly trying to make 103. He is a step ahead of Galka.

Connor Knapp looked very good at semi-state.  Do I think he will win?  No.  Do I think Micic will tech everybody?  NO!!!  Connor can give him a match if he doesn't get caught up.  Stick with your prediction!  They're opinions.  I would bet most people don't even get 75% of the champions right.

The only Merrillville kid you have winning is the freshman heavy. That would definitely be an interesting turnout. All of these possibilities makes for an interesting Friday and Saturday. I mean there could be a few thousand different champ combinations and we shall see on Saturday night.

Gettinger... that's him. Thanks. Kids a stud! No one seen James losing at ss. Then Gettinger was completely dominating Harvey when Harvey couldn't continue. Just looked and he has Fuqua and Crume in his half. 126 looks rough.

106-Garza(M)

113- Cottey(NC)

120-Lahue(E)

126-Gettinger(NC)

132-Baysinger(FW)

138-Hupp(E)

145-Walker(FW)

152-Corsaro(NC)

160-Kriech(E)

170-Floor(NC)

182-Busse(FW)

195-Fiddler(E)

220-Hernandez(NC)

285-Hemmelgarn(

I notice you only picked one champion from Merrillville, Garza at 106. Just curious as to how you arrived at that choice. I know anything is possible, but did you know Garza got third place at semi state and Sinkovics beat him by tech fall?  It wasn't a situation where Garza got stuck by a lucky move or something, after dominating the match.  Not to mention he would also have to get by Red, who is a nationally ranked wrestler, and Lee, who placed third last year.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not belittling your opinion, just curious as to your thought process on this one. 

I hope someone does give Stevan a match I'm sure he wants to be pushed also. I'm just not sure that is going to happen. Micic looks amazing I would bet he hasn't gone 6 minutes all year. For knapp to get there he would have to get past Davis/Cottey both placers Davis who beat knapp last year and has been tech'ed twice by micic. But anything could happen

106-Garza(M)

113- Cottey(NC)

120-Lahue(E)

126-Gettinger(NC)

132-Baysinger(FW)

138-Hupp(E)

145-Walker(FW)

152-Corsaro(NC)

160-Kriech(E)

170-Floor(NC)

182-Busse(FW)

195-Fiddler(E)

220-Hernandez(NC)

285-Hemmelgarn(

I notice you only picked one champion from Merrillville, Garza at 106. Just curious as to how you arrived at that choice. I know anything is possible, but did you know Garza got third place at semi state and Sinkovics beat him by tech fall?  It wasn't a situation where Garza got stuck by a lucky move or something, after dominating the match.  Not to mention he would also have to get by Red, who is a nationally ranked wrestler, and Lee, who placed third last year.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not belittling your opinion, just curious as to your thought process on this one.

None of these would be my picks! I just picked people to see if anyone even reads these things.

103-Red(NC)

113-Micic(M)

120-Hughes(M)

126-Crume(FW)

132-Lecount(NC)

138-Blanton(NC)

145-Malloy(E)

152-Bradley(FW)

160-McClurg(NC)

170-Stevenson(but I wouldnt be surprised to see Floor win it)(M)

182-Hurford(M)

195-Sliga(NC)

220-Robinson(M)

285-Winfield(NC)

106-Garza(M)

113- Cottey(NC)

120-Lahue(E)

126-Gettinger(NC)

132-Baysinger(FW)

138-Hupp(E)

145-Walker(FW)

152-Corsaro(NC)

160-Kriech(E)

170-Floor(NC)

182-Busse(FW)

195-Fiddler(E)

220-Hernandez(NC)

285-Hemmelgarn(

Are we really this sensitive here? 

106-Red

Sinkovics

Lee

Pepple

113-Micic

Knapp

Kuhn

Cottey

120-Phillips

Wilson

Hughes

Moser

126-Crume

Welch

Gettinger

Denton

132-LeCount

Moss

Burlison

Baysinger

138-Carroll

Blanton

Forte

Hupp

145-Malloy

Walker

Kelly

Macri

152-Ferrell

Corsaro

Brummett

Bradley

160-Hiestand

Maldanado

Kriech

McClurg

170-LeFever

Steveson

Rickenbaugh

Galvin

182-Hurford

Busse

Thacker

Massengale

195-Sliga

Salkill

Fiddler

Ross

220-Robinson

Miller

Boehm

Tolley

285-Bernard

Winfield

Hemmelgarn

Oglesby

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.