Evansville Observations

navy80

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Reitz leaving Central because they couldn't beat Mater Dei. It was a huge disrespect to not only Reitz but to the other schools who are part of Castle Sectional. If semi state didn't count then why keep a score? I didn't say anything rude, inappropriate or disrespectful about Mater Dei. I congratulated  Reitz. Well deserved congratulations for beating their talented west side counterparts.

So exactly how did Reitz do against MD in the Regional?  In their Dual?  Hummm?

Here's a clue, there is another school that took fewer in to the Semi-State and got the same results out as Reitz did. 

Would you PLEASE stop making all the Reitz faithful sound like clueless twits?

We have all read the posts on here about Mater Dei all post season...They send 12...Well they sent 12 and 2 get thru.  Reitz sent 6 and 3 went thru.  Do the math...I could care less about the overall scores.  If you have a team that sends 12 to semi state and only 2 make it thru...you have to wonder.  By the way...regionals were the same way...they sent a lot thru but how many were standing atop the podium?  No disrespect to a youth Mater Dei team.  They are Mater Dei and will always have a great wrestling program but face the facts...3 of 6 is better than 2 of 12.  Good luck to all the wrestlers who are going to state and thanks for a lot of great matches at Evansville Semi state.

while you are cutting down Md right now, how about challenge them to a dual heads up just MD and Reitz and then repost your goofy remarks.. I am not a MD fan nor alumni, but a proud supporter of all of Evansville. Don't stick your  foot in your mouth just yet proud one

So exactly how did Reitz do against MD in the Regional?  In their Dual?  Hummm?

Here's a clue, there is another school that took fewer in to the Semi-State and got the same results out as Reitz did. 

Would you PLEASE stop making all the Reitz faithful sound like clueless twits?

I defend Mater Dei and Reitz because I have family from BOTH. They keep score at ALL the tournaments and Reitz beat them at semi state. Its not a comparison. Its a fact. Go back to your Castle High hole and stop pretending your a fan of anything let alone  panther.

I dont have many points on the wrestling...they were all mentioned earlier...(Malloy was a MONSTER)

being from merrilville SS I ill say i was happy to not be cramped for the whole tournament

The finals introductions were awesome with the music and spotlights....I feel they should find a way to keep the lights down to emulate the state finals a little more...

overall Great venue and Great wrestling.

Who says it stays in Evansville if they decide not to do the ford center? I think the ss as a whole would like something more centralized if its to be held in a high school gym.

any gyms in a central location big enough to host??

Jaspers gym will be done by May!  Jasper is the most centrally located school out of them all and should have the capability to host this tournament.  I think the seating is set up for 6000 if my memory serves me correctly.

any gyms in a central location big enough to host??

If you move it out of Evansville by any significant distance, you probably don't have to worry about having as much seating as there won't be as many people there.  Floor space will be the thing to look for, and perhaps that is what you are concerned about.

I was cheering my arse off for ALL of the Evansville kids (including the Reitz kids - in fact, probably more for the Reitz kids than any of the other non-MD kids), so it always raises my rankles when I see some idiot on here trying to pit Reitz and MD against each other. To say that this has not been a typical year for MD would be understating it...yet, they still beat Reitz in their dual meet & they still won the Regional.  And in an earlier post, someone said, "MD is a better dual meet team, Reitz is a better tournament team"...that's an awfully big generalization to be basing off of ONE YEAR. 

Here's a little something from the IHSAA website:

Most Individual Champions by a School (1933-43; 1950-present)

EMD: 25

REITZ: 2

Looks to me like MD does all right in tournaments.... :)

Good luck to all the Evansville kids @ state this week-end, especially my westside boys Parkinson, Forzley, Wimpelberg, Kuhn, and Davis!!!

All this talk about the travel time to Evansville let's you know how we have felt for years!  Before the Semi-State was moved to Evansville, teams from this area had to travel to Seymour (2 1/2 hours) and then turn around a week later and make the trip to Indy (3 1/2 hours before I-69).  Teams from Bloomington/Indy area have a long trip to SS but a quick trip to Indy.  We have a quick trip to SS and long trip to Indy.  It's all the same in the end.  The teams that have a real complaint are the teams from Louisville area (Jeff, Floyd Central, New Albany, etc) because they have to make a 2-2 1/2 hour trip both weeks. 

If it took you 4 1/2 hours from Greensburg, you need to drive faster because Mapquest says 3 1/2. 

Well we are farther east of Louisville area schools. Up until this year we had to travel at right under 2 hours for Regionals, 3 hours to SS and then 2 hours to State.

W/ the realignment we now have cut down on regional drive time.

I love going to Evansville, I have a good time, but big picture is that the SS could be more centralized for all the teams in the SS.

Jaspers gym will be done by May!  Jasper is the most centrally located school out of them all and should have the capability to host this tournament.  I think the seating is set up for 6000 if my memory serves me correctly.

Jasper is like a whopping 20 minutes east of Evansville.... I'll take Evansville....

Where will you find a venue nicer than the Ford Center? I also need comfy chairs , adequate parking and someone to cook up some grub for about 4,000 people. It's the perfect place and I love the sound and light show. I need my new FORD !!!

From a coaching standpoint I don't like the Ford Center.  It is very difficult to get from the stands to the "tunnel" area where the kids are and the area they cram all the wrestlers into is way too small.  Kids and all the team supplies are stacked against the walls, the kids have to wait over 45 minutes to get into one of the 2 showers they have open to wrestlers.  It really is not a very accommodating place for wrestlers or coaches.  I hope it moves to an actual high school like North or Princeton.  I am sure they would have actual locker rooms open for the kids to use , unlike the Ford Center.  Move it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.