Biggest disappointment

KyleM

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Biggest disappointment

My biggest disappointment is the way MD wrestled. No fire, and most matches they just looked content to lose. Especially in the consolations. Down by 2 and not even attempting shots? Come on fellas! I sure hope you arent content with settling to lose next week at team state. Forget about Perry, Bellmont may put it on you if you don't wake up.

I agree markio.  There were a few tough draws but overall I was disappointed with the way they finished their matches.. Dane placed about where I thought he would.

That will be a tough match again next week.  Baker moves well.  Just wish Dane had that quick single leg that his bro had. That was a thing of beauty to watch. Still pretty good after a 3 year layoff.

I agree markio.  There were a few tough draws but overall I was disappointed with the way they finished their matches.. Dane placed about where I thought he would.

That will be a tough match again next week.  Baker moves well.  Just wish Dane had that quick single leg that his bro had. That was a thing of beauty to watch. Still pretty good after a 3 year layoff.

Just imagine if he would have stuck with it.

I completely understand injuries are part of the sport, but I can not remember so many of the top kids being injured (Mullins, Willis, Phillips).  In a perfect world, it would benice to see everyone compete at 100% health.  

But, do not take anything away from the kids that maybe tried to fight through it though.  

My biggest disappoinmet this year was the livestream feed no audio and my video feed was like a bad slide show. the broadcastspot.net coverage may not have had all of the camera angles but thier feed was much better. I have to give a 2 thumbs up to broardcast sport and maybe the live stream may have to take some leasons from them for next year.

The biggest disappointmment was for every kid that lost on friday night,for every kid that lost saturday morning, for every kid that lost in the semi-finals and wrestleback round, for every kid that lost in the 5-6, 7-8 round and the finals. The only kids that left with some good feeling were third, fifth, seventh and for sure first. Friday night losers, eighth, sixth, fourth and second place finishers all ended with disappointment. Losing hurts worse than winning feels good!

This sport will tear your heart out.

My biggest disappointment is why Saturday evening finals is not on TV!  That championship round should be televised.  Why not.  I don't think they would lose many fans because the atmosphere is so electric!  But to not put this event on TV for more to watch is a sin. Some of  those kids who are wrestling in the finals are house-hold names.  Especially Tsirtsis.  Wrestling is an awesome sport in Indiana.  What other sport has so many awesome athletes that you follow through-out their careers.  I can't think of any.  So put the finals on TV next year.  It deserves the attention.

My biggest disappointment is why Saturday evening finals is not on TV!  That championship round should be televised.  Why not.  I don't think they would lose many fans because the atmosphere is so electric!  But to not put this event on TV for more to watch is a sin. Some of  those kids who are wrestling in the finals are house-hold names.  Especially Tsirtsis.  Wrestling is an awesome sport in Indiana.  What other sport has so many awesome athletes that you follow through-out their careers.  I can't think of any.  So put the finals on TV next year.  It deserves the attention.

I completely agree. I did not wrestle in school, and didn't even really know about the sport until my sons got started in it. But without a doubt the wrestling state finals are the best, most electric finals in any sport. I have been to literally every other sports championship, and nothing even remotely compares. This should be televised.

My biggest disappointment was watching the ref call three stalling warnings, but only award one point total as the Center Grove wrestler turned his back on his opponent, sprinted around the outside of the mat, and even used the ref for a pick when he was nearly caught.  Then celebrating his one point win.

That was followed by watching an upset wrestler and his coach verbally accosted by one of the Center Grove coaches.

I was terribly disappointed that this is how Center Grove wants to represent themselves.

Yeah I was watching that match and my guys at the same time and I was just blown away to see a kid sprinting around for many seconds running behind the referee...just horrible. I couldn't believe it was happening. I saw the coaches going off but didn't really know what was going on so I can't comment on that but that was very sad..

I am not one to rip officiating because I wouldn't want to do it..especially on that stage but there was just so many arbitrary stalling calls....changed calls...and missed falls with 2 officials I found to be pretty awful in some cases.

In some ways disappointed by some of the finals but in other ways the same guys that disappointed me by being in the finals thrilled me by pulling upsets to get there.

The young man from Brown county..I totally get his frustration..absolutely understand it..but you gotta hold it together. There was some poor sportsmanship all weekend. I get that emotions run high...but shake your opponents hand and if your going to shake the opposing coaches hand ..shake it..don't slap it and sprint off the floor..I feel like pulling a Don Corleone and grabbing some of the kids like he did to Johnny Fontaine and scream "You can act like a man!!!) again I understand how hurt some kids are..but kids are doing more than I've ever sen before..running off..almost on purpose because that's becoming the tradition I mean better to lose your cool behind the scenes no doubt..but some kids really need to learn the humility of a loss and do it with dignity.

Sean Mappess congrats to you and your family. The comments about your brother in the Star was well deserved. Look up the word tough in your dictionary, the word Mappess will follow. The kid wrestled with a broken leg last year. Old school boy, rub some dirt on it. 

I completely agree!

I watched the video off of the IHSAA.Gov site and it was very good. Defitnitely should make it on the TV next year, but hey dont take it off the net or us out of state folks wont get to see.

Congrats to all!

I completely agree!

I watched the video off of the IHSAA.Gov site and it was very good. Defitnitely should make it on the TV next year, but hey dont take it off the net or us out of state folks wont get to see.

Congrats to all!

In the past they have had a TV re-air later on.  Not sure if IHSAA has made plans to show the event on local TV in the next few weeks or not.  I'm guessing they may show it later over live  in hopes to get more  people to attend the live event first.

Sean Mappes running from his opponent? That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard..if the kid wanted a better shot of winning he shouldn't have gotten rode out for over half the match. Congrats to Sean on an unbelievable season, defeating 9 kids ranked in the top ten at some point this year..I know not too many people can say that. It's been a privilege to watch you grow as a young man and as a wrestler, and only more to come. 46-0 2012 State Champion and NOTHING anyone says or does can EVER take that away!

Sean Mappes running from his opponent? That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard..if the kid wanted a better shot of winning he shouldn't have gotten rode out for over half the match. Congrats to Sean on an unbelievable season, defeating 9 kids ranked in the top ten at some point this year..I know not too many people can say that. It's been a privilege to watch you grow as a young man and as a wrestler, and only more to come. 46-0 2012 State Champion and NOTHING anyone says or does can EVER take that away!

The Center Grove kid who ran was Schoettle, against Lovejoy on Friday night.  It was ridiculous!  The ref should have had the guts to award the points that he had signaled for the stalling, although, the Luers coaches should have contested it better at the end, too.  The CG coaches share the blame for that, and for how they acted afterwards.  No class!  If I remember correctly, thos same coaches screwed up the seeding at the Al Smith, by their behavior in the seeding meeting.