Berry/Sliga/Maurer

ontherise219

Can't wait to see it! Only a week away now and all 3 were ss champs. Berry pinned his first 3 guys in :30 sec.  and pinned his guy in the finals in 1:10.  Should be good

That cross face cradle he runs is devastating. I don't know if I have ever seen any pin with a cradle as consistently fast as he does. I mean usually there is some flopping around for awhile with a cradle, but he gets the pin quickly.

Still I don't think level change double/cross face cradle get's it done against Sliga  (of course I also didn't think level change double could beat Howe until Burrows did it)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sliga looked a little bit challenged today......for about 30 seconds.....He was very impressive.  Some of you guys might be missing the whole picture here about being the best ever from Indiana.  In my opinion his wrestling carrier is just beginning right about now.  I think that Sliga's future will be outstanding at the next level weather he wins a state title or not.  He certainly shows signs of Division 1 wrestling every time he steps on the mat.  How many big fellows do you actually see that moves like him on his feet?  Just saying, I think that there is a big future for him at the Division 1 level and possible the 2016 Olympics.  He just seems to get better and better.  Just an opinion though so don't get upset at me.  Go Blue 

I watched Sliga wrestle Early today, was a great match. Early wrestled exceptional, on his game the entire tournament. Sliga just wrestled better. It will be a great match if Berry and Sliga wrestle each other.

I watched Sliga wrestle Early today, was a great match. Early wrestled exceptional, on his game the entire tournament. Sliga just wrestled better. It will be a great match if Berry and Sliga wrestle each other.

I think Early is right there with those guys and could do something next weekend.

I know Berry/Maurer could have wrestled in St. Louis but didn't....have Sliga/Berry had a chance to meet this year?  Sounds like Indy should be exciting with these 3 in the mix!

Take maurer out of that mix. Id say sliga would major him. maurer is a GREAT athlete but not very impressed with his wrestling. in my mind hes got a shot to place but not beat sliga..lol..

Take maurer out of that mix. Id say sliga would major him. maurer is a GREAT athlete but not very impressed with his wrestling. in my mind hes got a shot to place but not beat sliga..lol..

We are all aware, we seen your post about him vs curtley

Ok...well decide for yourself this weekend. He got a good draw being on opposite side as sliga but a good wrestler will eat him up. Sliga will major him. Just watch for youself.

I will decide for sure, but i do not agree that he got a good draw. If his big positive is his athleticism, then i feel he got a bad draw because i cant imagine that his athleticism matches up with berrys. Berry is looking unbelievably tough for someone who was out do to injury, and seeing him at merriville, he is my pick.

We'll see for sure this weekend but I do not see Berry getting beat. His only loss the past 2 years was to the state champ Garrett Goldman 1-0. This year he has had 28 first period pins out of 29 matches. At merrillville, he was maybe on the mat a total of 3 minutes in 4 matches against solid competition. The guy is a monster.

We'll see for sure this weekend but I do not see Berry getting beat. His only loss the past 2 years was to the state champ Garrett Goldman 1-0. This year he has had 28 first period pins out of 29 matches. At merrillville, he was maybe on the mat a total of 3 minutes in 4 matches against solid competition. The guy is a monster.

Did Silga and Berry wrestle last year in the state tournament?

no, berry lost to goldman first round saturday, so the best he could do was fifth. sliga got knocked out in the semis by stevenson i think

Yeah Sliga lost to stevenson in the semis.  Stevenson put on his back in the 1st and when the ref slaped the mat the place went crazy... but time had expired.  Another 1/2  a second we would be saying Sliga got stuck by stevenson in the semis in the 1st period

Yeah Sliga lost to stevenson in the semis.  Stevenson put on his back in the 1st and when the ref slaped the mat the place went crazy... but time had expired.  Another 1/2  a second we would be saying Sliga got stuck by stevenson in the semis in the 1st period

yeah, youre right, I remember that! Berry and Sliga should have a great match this year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.