Anybody see this blown call tonight?

Silence Dogood

That is by far the worst call I've ever seen.  The really sad part is that 2 of them missed it.  Unreal.

I think the most sad part is that the ref was so stubborn that he refused to make the right call, even ACKNOWLEDGE the right call, despite the indisputable evidence.

Kind of makes you wonder about instant replay.  But when a ref can't remember what he did 15 seconds ago who knows.  I don't know if that call caused Michigan the win but it sure could have took the wind out of their sails.

Go Blue.......

Before we jump on the officials take a real good look at the tape again. The clock on screen does not seem to match the board clock. at :59 seconds into the tape the board shows :00 in the clock. Therefore which is correct? Maybe the escape was the right call after all. ???

Something I saw last week, wrestler A turned wrestler B flat on his back(clearly pinned) and the ref was just standing there giving the 5 count while the alternate ref  moved in and motioned to the active ref to call the pin. Finally, after he finishes his 5 count he gets down and calls the pin...I, along with just about everyone else were gabberflasted !

ff

Before we jump on the officials take a real good look at the tape again. The clock on screen does not seem to match the board clock. at :59 seconds into the tape the board shows :00 in the clock. Therefore which is correct? Maybe the escape was the right call after all. ???

This was an OT situation where both wrestlers get to be on bottom for :30 so what you are seeing is the entire :30 period where Zeerip was down. He clearly gained control with about :10 left.

I watched most of the dual. The clock that you are talking about that showed :00 was like that the whole night - they weren't using it for the matches.

Something I saw last week, wrestler A turned wrestler B flat on his back(clearly pinned) and the ref was just standing there giving the 5 count while the alternate ref  moved in and motioned to the active ref to call the pin. Finally, after he finishes his 5 count he gets down and calls the pin...I, along with just about everyone else were gabberflasted !

ff

Some refs believe you have to get a five count before a pin is called.

It goes without saying that that was a horrible call. It's hard to fathom Big Ten refs could make that bad of a call.

But the more interesting question is, do you think that should have been 1 escape and 2 takedown, or just 2 reversal?

I would agree.  It would be tough to give 1 and 2, but they were separated and facing one another.  I have seen escapes given for less, but it was almost one continuous motion.  Tough call, but definitely at least the 2 point reversal.  He should have racked up another 10 seconds of riding time.  BTW, does riding time continue into OT in college?  Can that be a factor in determining the winner in OT?  I have no idea, just thought I would ask.

I would agree.  It would be tough to give 1 and 2, but they were separated and facing one another.  I have seen escapes given for less, but it was almost one continuous motion.  Tough call, but definitely at least the 2 point reversal.  He should have racked up another 10 seconds of riding time.  BTW, does riding time continue into OT in college?  Can that be a factor in determining the winner in OT?  I have no idea, just thought I would ask.

Yes, it does. Zeerip lost after Heflin got an escape the next period, but had more cumulative riding time for the entire match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.