Perry VS Cathedral

zachpierson

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be a party pooper, but Im going with 41-18. Ok start telling me how wrong I am.... 8)

It might be a little different because at 170, someone will end up on their back. Just not sure which one.

Well I had James with a major and McKinley with a fall. But pretty darn close.

Massengale got caught? Come on. Willis is in a completely different class. Tyler man handled him from the 1st second to the 59th second of the match. 120 and 138 go to the Irish. Then throw Vinny Corsaro in. The Irish pull off a big upset. 138 not a very well officiated match.

Massengale got caught? Come on. Willis is in a completely different class. Tyler man handled him from the 1st second to the 59th second of the match. 120 and 138 go to the Irish. Then throw Vinny Corsaro in. The Irish pull off a big upset. 138 not a very well officiated match.

The only thing I can agree with you on  is "NOT A VERY WELL OFFICIATED"  it wasn't only 138 it was the whole meet, JV included.   Bernard get a stalling point with under 30 seconds in the  3rd period to win 2-1.   I was thinking that both referees stroked on the right side as several Irish wrestlers did nothing for 5 minutes 30 seconds before they would hold up their hands .  

It's on tape at Broadcastsport.net,  for everyone to see.    

120 and 138 didn't go to the Irish,  and Vinny( hope he recovers soon) didn't wrestle.   Don't take anything away from the Falcons they beat the team they faced tonight, Bottom LINE.

Just like last week when someone said,  "you have to put an asterisk by the shut out of Mishawaka by Perry".    Perry shut out the team that wore the Mishawaka singlets.  BOTTOM LINE.

The only thing I can agree with you on  is "NOT A VERY WELL OFFICIATED"  it wasn't only 138 it was the whole meet, JV included.   Bernard get a stalling point with under 30 seconds in the  3rd period to win 2-1.   I was thinking that both referees stroked on the right side as several Irish wrestlers did nothing for 5 minutes 30 seconds before the would hold up their hands. 

It's on tape at Broadcastsport.net,  for everyone to see.   

120 and 138 didn't go to the Irish,  and Vinny( hope he recovers soon) didn't wrestle.   Don't take anything away from the Falcons they beat the team they faced tonight, Bottom LINE.

Just like last week when someone said,  "you have to put an asterisk by the shut out of Mishawaka by Perry".    Perry shut out the team that wore the Mishawaka singlets.  BOTTOM LINE.

First of all both wrestlers at Hwt was hit with stalling but the Perry kid had been hit earlier in the match, and it was not the last 30 seconds nor the last 45 seconds so you check the tape your promoting and try being accurate with your replay.. Falcons are tough and you cant take that away from them!!

First of all both wrestlers at Hwt was hit with stalling but the Perry kid had been hit earlier in the match, and it was not the last 30 seconds nor the last 45 seconds so you check the tape your promoting and try being accurate with your replay.. Falcons are tough and you cant take that away from them!!

Hawaiian... I was not saying watch the tape about Wesley's stalling calls,  watch the tapes to see the way the whole match was officiated.  It was pretty poor all the way around,  the HWT was the only one that actually took the match out of the wrestlers hands.

We know Wes is your kid, but honestly you think Devante was stalling more than Wesley was?  Come on now.  Watch the 132 match and tell me the cathedral kid wasn't moving back the whole time. And how long it took to get stalling finally called.

Yeah don't agree with me on Willis being on another level. Because tonight they def look about equal right? You got you answer to which 170 was going to end up on their back. Refs stroked cathedral to their 5 wins? So Willis, Harvey, Kinney, and Gillum did nothing for 5 minutes and 30 seconds of their matches before getting their hand raised as you put it. IndyT is going to have to get you off this board. You aren't making sense.

Yeah don't agree with me on Willis being on another level. Because tonight they def look about equal right? You got you answer to which 170 was going to end up on their back. Refs stroked cathedral to their 5 wins? So Willis, Harvey, Kinney, and Gillum did nothing for 5 minutes and 30 seconds of their matches before getting their hand raised as you put it. IndyT is going to have to get you off this board. You aren't making sense.

I didn't ask the question of who would be on their back.  But you did say"Cathedral would keep  it within 20." Guess you got your answer!

Why are you picking apart what I am saying to fit into what you need to feel good about yourself?  When did I ever say that those young men didn't or shouldn't have won.  Their hands were raised.  I was there and saw it.

THIS is a statement about the entire meet,  the stalling calls were a joke.  I saw more double stalling calls tonight than I have in about the last 40 -50 meets I have went to.

You make a lot of sense by "saying 120 and 138 get the win plus vinny and there is a different outcome!!!!"  REALLY!!!

120 and 138 did not get the win and Vinny didn't wrestle.   

Personally I think that the ref's did a very good job tonight.  There may have been a couple of mistakes but come on, they are human.  It is very easy to be an armchair ref just like it is as easy to be a great armchair quarterback.   I feel that they tried to push the action just like they do at the college level and what is wrong with that?  The only thing that I wish that could change is letting the wrestlers wrestle on the edge of the mat.

I think that both coach's had their teams prepared very well and we had a great night of wrestling.  It doesn't get too much better than that now.

Congratulations to Perry and Cathedral for a great night of wrestling.

You said several Irish wrestlers did nothing for 5 minutes and 30 seconds before getting their hand raised. And that the refs stroked the Irish to wins. You are right I said if the Irish win 120 and 138 and throw Vinny in they could have pulled off a big upset. It's not like those outcomes if they went in cathedrals favor tonight would be unrealistic. 20/38 both extremely close matches. I did not say they would stay within 20 but someone on this name did. I posted the results I thought would happen. Which if you switch 138 and hwt the other ways. I was pretty much right on with the wins.

This dual was a lot closer than the score indicated.  Once again, Perry finds a way to win the close matches.  They are a really good team and they just keep finding ways to win matches.

Congrats to both schools for an outstanding dual meet!!!

You said several Irish wrestlers did nothing for 5 minutes and 30 seconds before getting their hand raised. And that the refs stroked the Irish to wins.

Please accept may apology.  If you read what I wrote again, you will see what I said.

The stroke comment was about the Referees and had to do with a physical stroke on them as when you have a stroke it tends to diminish your ability to use one side of your body, hence they weren't able to raise their arm to hit Cathedral with stalling.  BAD JOKE, I tried.  

RRODD1-  When you are half way through your season and no referee has pushed the action like they tried last night it is hard to get these wrestlers to understand what is happening.  This is NOT college.   The referees should understand the magnitude of this night,  these wrestlers have additional pressure as it is a huge rivalry.  No one wants to make a mistake.  

I think half way through the season and the referees should know that in overtime a wrestler CAN'T PICK neutral. Just saying.  Then they had to be told by Coaches.

It was a GREAT NIGHT of wrestling! Let's not take anything away from the 28 young men that have made the sacrifices they have made.

Good Luck to both Teams as they advance through the STATE tournament.

Again I hope that you will accept my apology about my bad joke.  Would never take anything away from the winners.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.