Perry VS Cathedral

zachpierson

Personally I think that the ref's did a very good job tonight.  There may have been a couple of mistakes but come on, they are human.  It is very easy to be an armchair ref just like it is as easy to be a great armchair quarterback.   I feel that they tried to push the action just like they do at the college level and what is wrong with that?  The only thing that I wish that could change is letting the wrestlers wrestle on the edge of the mat.

I think that both coach's had their teams prepared very well and we had a great night of wrestling.  It doesn't get too much better than that now.

Congratulations to Perry and Cathedral for a great night of wrestling.

Its funny you say edge of the mat cause a lot of wrestling seemed to happen on the edge with one team always ending up with their butts inches from the edge

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny you say edge of the mat cause a lot of wrestling seemed to happen on the edge with one team always ending up with their butts inches from the edge

which team?  It seemed like both were there a lot.....

Hawaiian... I was not saying watch the tape about Wesley's stalling calls,   watch the tapes to see the way the whole match was officiated.   It was pretty poor all the way around,  the HWT was the only one that actually took the match out of the wrestlers hands.

We know Wes is your kid, but honestly you think Devante was stalling more than Wesley was?   Come on now.  Watch the 132 match and tell me the cathedral kid wasn't moving back the whole time. And how long it took to get stalling finally called.

Yes I do think he was stalling more than Wes because he did not attempt 1 takedown throughout the entire match! The 1st stall call was when he did not leave Wesley's hips for the 1st 1:10 of the 2nd period, and Coach Tonte did not seem to have a problem with either call because he dosen't promote stalling by his wrestlers. Although he is my son I tend to be more critical then a defender of him, but if your going to get on here and bad mouth a teenager than at least have your facts correct!! It's Donte (not Devante)by the way and he had over a minute to get a takedown in the 3rd period and never attemted one let alone got one, and what you call stalling in the 132lbs match was no different then what happened in the 160lbs match, and some call it mat awareness and the officals dictate alot of what goes on...Overall I thought the officals did a good job!!!

As y2 has said I have blue and silver shades on so I didn't see perry go straight to the edge. Haha sorry

haha....  as an unbiased observer it looked pretty even on the edge....

This dual was a lot closer than the score indicated.  Once again, Perry finds a way to win the close matches.   They are a really good team and they just keep finding ways to win matches.

Congrats to both schools for an outstanding dual meet!!!

220; lost in ot...285 lost 2-1...160 lost in ot, so we certainly didn't win all of the close matches. We did win  3-2 at 195 and in ot at 120 and 138, so I would say Cathedral was our equal in the close matches.

You grown ups arguing about high school wrestling are ridiculous and comical.  State your opinion and carry on. 

Great wrestling last night.  Proved that Perry is a better overall team than CHS, which we all pretty much knew beforehand.  Yes, there are certainly some things that could have went a different way which could have put Cathedral in a position for the upset, but they were very unlikely.  Perry's loaded and won the matches they were supposed to win.  Also, the kids who are outmatched know how to stay off of their backs. 

Cathedral has absolutely nothing to hang their heads about.  They showed toughness and look to be in good form heading towards the end of the season.  The 3 most anticipated matches (60, 70, and HWT) all went in Cathedral's favor which bodes well for the individual tourney. 

Glad I could be there last night to see some quality wrestling.  Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.  Both great programs with phenomenal coaches. 

Go Irish!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.