Perry Meridian

Coach Brown

Just throwing this out there. Is Perry the front runner to repeat as the last TEAM STATE CHAMPIONS???? ???

Haha yes they are by a long shot. I don't see anyone coming close to beating them. One of the most dominate teams since the powerhouse EMD days or the couple years of LN's dominance.

• 2 weeks later...

They dominated a pretty good field@ Bellmont I got to see them 1st hand. They won't shut CP out but I think they will beat the Bulldogs pretty good

i respect everyones thoughts but seriously, who could hang with these guys?......basically everyone on their team is ranked....and they have dominated about everyone......

perry is gonna have it tough at state they only won last year because we got held up at reigonals this year we have regrouped and the jim town army is back on there feet and ready at every weight so come at us with your tiny falcon wings

I'm sorry but you need to stop right here! I watched perry today and they looked pretty solid.

Perry by far is the best team in the state...I personally would like to see them matched up against the best teams in the country. Not saying they are the best butI do believe they would hold their own.

Perry by far is the best team in the state...I personally would like to see them matched up against the best teams in the country. Not saying they are the best butI do believe they would hold their own.

You can take this for what it's worth, if I remember correctly. Perry beat Moeller (Ohio) at Disney Duals. Moeller took 7th at The Clash, 4th at the Ironman, and are ranked 16th by intermat. Perry's ranked 24th.

I think Perry could go with any team nationally ranked 5-25.  The top 4 would beat them but 24 nationally is too low they should be 9-15 somewhere in there IMO. 

I may be wrong but on  Openmat.com they were ranked 14th in the nation.. That's pretty good!

I don't see it happening. They only have a few actual studs on their team... MAYBE they'll make it to state, but I don't see them winning it...

I want some of what your smoking with a staement like that, I think they beat Penn like 57-5! Who else in this state do you think could run over Josh Harper and the boys like this??? As I stated before they are scarey good, and maybe the best team in Indiana since the 2003 EMD team!!!

I want some of what your smoking with a staement like that, I think they beat Penn like 57-5! Who else in this state do you think could run over Josh Harper and the boys like this??? As I stated before they are scarey good, and maybe the best team since the 2003 EMD team!!!

Somebody needs new batteries for their sarcasm detector.

"perry is gonna have it tough at state they only won last year because we got held up at reigonals this year we have regrouped and the jim town army is back on there feet and ready at every weight so come at us with your tiny falcon wings"

This is the dumbest quote of the season...

I apologize on behave of actual Jimtown fans...

SMH

"perry is gonna have it tough at state they only won last year because we got held up at reigonals this year we have regrouped and the jim town army is back on there feet and ready at every weight so come at us with your tiny falcon wings"

This is the dumbest quote of the season...

I apologize on behave of actual Jimtown fans...

SMH

Something tells me it wasn't actually a Jimtown fan...

Perry is solid top to bottom. I don't think they'll get beat this year. The problem in beating Perry in a dual is their marginal guys wrestle very well and they do not make a lot of mistakes. Anyone who has been watching the Perry program rise to their current position in Indiana, couldn't help but notice the unbelievable job the coaching staff does at developing the inexperienced or less-talented guys in to solid, and serviceable wrestlers. This is the mark of a great program and great coaching. In a "studs vs studs" match-up, this team is beatable. But, in most cases, their marginal guys are better than yours. In a lot of ways it comes down to the ability to motivate and make OK kids good, more than making good kids great.

Perry might win this year, but to make the statement that they are anywhere as good as Mater Dei in their prime is just plain wishful thinking or stupid.  True it was a long time ago but the Mater Dei team in 2003 when it seemed like half their team won individual state tittles was by far the best team Indiana has ever fielded.  Just a few names on that team include Macke, Coughlin, Scott, Craig Weinzapfel, Nosko, Wildermanand, Mauerer as well as other great wrestlers to fill in the gaps.  I say that this Mater Dei team would blank this year's Perry team.  I don't see any Perry wrestlers winning in this match up.  By the way, I am from the region and definitely not a Mater Dei fan.  But it is what it is.  To hear some Perry fans talk you would think that they are the best team Indiana has ever had which is a joke.  

I want some of what your smoking with a staement like that, I think they beat Penn like 57-5! Who else in this state do you think could run over Josh Harper and the boys like this??? As I stated before they are scarey good, and maybe the best team in Indiana since the 2003 EMD team!!!

Brad Harper. Perry is tough and they have a lot of guys who score bonus points.

I do not see anyone touting the Falcons as the best ever.  I do not see any Perry people on here tootin their own horn (except for the Big Hawaiian who is now rooting for the Leprachans - j/k Bob). 

But to say they would get blanked is ludicrous!

Lets remember how stacked cp was last year and they got dumped first round. Perry is a tough team but I think pm vs cp will be a close match up. You never know what's going to happen at state and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a upset.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.