Hall of Fame Classic Proposal Please read it and then call it STUPID

Coach Peck

I have read through the proposal several times.  It is well written and much thought obviously went into it.  I appreciate anyone trying to put time into improving wrestling....so thank you...I like that it would be classed.  

This being stated I still see no difference between the Hall of Fame Classic and another tough dual meet tournament besides it would be classed.  Why not use this tournament to declare an IHSWCA Team State Champion?  This can't happen unless we attempt to invite the best teams.  The proposal states a team can not participate more than once every three years.  This means this is just another tournament that determines nothing knew.  I would have no interest in my team participating in this any year because it doesn't determine anything and we already wrestle in lots of good duals.

Winning an IHSWCA Team State Title would not be the same as winning the IHSAA Team State.  You would not get the rings, etc.  However, at Mishawaka we want to be the best TEAM in Indiana.  I don't have much interest in whether my 3 best kids are better than everyone else 3 best kids.  We would take a ton of pride in qualifying for, competing in, and hopefully someday winning an IHSWCA Team State Tournament.  No rings, but we would definitely get some T-Shirts...stick a banner up...and have a lot of pride in our accomplishment if we won it.  We would know where we ranked against the State in the Team aspect.  The Hall of Fame Duals would be no different than winning Bellmont Duals or Calumet Duals.  That is one major issue I have.

Bottom line is this decision should not be made by me or you or any handful of coaches.  Ask coaches throughout the state what they want and do that.  

I attacked the idea and not you Coach Peck.  I didn't even know you were the one who proposed the idea.  I was just told by two region reps that the decision had been made that we were  dropping the classed team state and moving to the Hall of Fame Classic.  I think this is the wrong decision and do not like that it was made without polling the coaches.  So no i don't like the Hall of Fame Classic and Mishawaka would not participate because: 1.) the best teams would not always be invited as you can only go every few years.  2.) No Team State Champion is declared.  3.) We already go to tough dual meet tournaments as many teams do.  

This is just my one opinion.  Lets find out what coaches want and head that direction together - some version of a classed team state or the Hall of Fame Classic.

Snyder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This being stated I still see no difference between the Hall of Fame Classic and another tough dual meet tournament besides it would be classed.  Why not use this tournament to declare an IHSWCA Team State Champion?  This can't happen unless we attempt to invite the best teams.  The proposal states a team can not participate more than once every three years.  This means this is just another tournament that determines nothing knew.  I would have no interest in my team participating in this any year because it doesn't determine anything and we already wrestle in lots of good duals.

I am not sure you really read the entire thing.....yes the initial year is by invitation....at that point it should be evaluated and possibly  a system of qualifying duals might be instituted to include more teams in the process.  That would be up to the membership.  If we get to the point where we have qualifying duals you may actually end up with four of the best eams in the State at the event.  this would certainly make more sense than choosing eight teams in each class a whole year in advance to wrestle in a glorified invitational on the first week in January.

Could you call this the IHSWCA State Championships....certainly, but will the IHSAA allow a trophy to be presented with "State Champion" on it, and if they do is it just something they will use against us at some point in the future when it suits their purpose.

So no i don't like the Hall of Fame Classic and Mishawaka would not participate because: 1.) the best teams would not always be invited as you can only go every few years.  2.) No Team State Champion is declared.  3.) We already go to tough dual meet tournaments as many teams do.  

It seems like it is all about Mishawaka...and that is one of our big problems....not you and Mishawaka specifically, but the fact that a large number of our coaches are like you in that they only view things on how it affects their program and not how it affects Indiana wrestling as a whole.

I am going to have to agree with Coach Snyder for the most part...

Positives:

Tournament Classed

New teams

Purposed to build revenue

Negatives:

NO TEAM STATE DUAL MEET CHAMPION... 

Coach, Peck well thought out and great proposal.  I am excited to see some coaches making a move to salvage team state (regardless of form) and most importantly advance the name of wrestling.  However, no true team state champion makes this nothing more than a glorified dual meet.  Honestly, based on the consistent difficulty of Bellmont Duals if they just invited EMD and Cathedral we could just go ahead and crown a champion there. 

A classed tournament is a great idea because it would bring in different teams from all around the state and after each pool is completed the winners could compete in a dual (triple or quadruple) depending on the amount of pools and crown a true champion.  Also, I appreciate Coach Snyder's interest in salvaging the team tournament and his passion for the sport.  Any coach willing to fight this hard for team state will without question back up and push his wrestlers under any circumstance. 

Regardless, of the final outcome thank you both for your contribution to the sport.

Coach Peck,

Yes I read the entire "thing".  I am a pretty smart guy and followed the proposal well.  I understand the idea that it could grow.  The proposal and the possibility that it could grow are not over my head.  In my opinion, your proposal will not grow or improve wrestling in the state of Indiana.  I do not see this as something that will be of much interest.  Again, I could be wrong.  This is just my opinion.  I represent one person - myself.

Once again, I was told by two IHSWCA Reps that it was voted on that your proposal would be the direction of the IHSWCA.  Why was this not presented at the Fall Clinic?  Why not figure out what coaches throughout the state want before making a decision?

Yes for Mishawaka I want a Classed IHSWCA Team State, but as I have stated numerous times that is just my opinion.  Why is it so hard to send a survey out and ask what a majority of coaches want?  If coaches do not want a Classed Team State, I will shut up and never bring it up again.

Seems like you and I are on the same page about some things.  The IHSWCA should ask coaches what they want before making a decision.  The decision should be based off of what the majority of coaches in the state want.  Right?  So ask the question.  Sure I want it for Mishawaka, but if the decision were made in a democractic way I would live with it and hope it grew as you think it would.

Snyder

absolutely the take the top 7 teams  (based on some type of ranking system....indianamat.com, ihsaa, ihscaa, etc....) along with the previous years winner to defend their title.......come on guys, how much simpler does it get than that?......or just take the top 8 from the season not including the previous years winner......whatever all you hard core enthusius think.....regardless either way you will have at least the top 4-5 teams in the state and in the end the best team in the state will probably win the state title.....and everyone will be happy.....dang dudes that's gotta be as close as you can get other than the way it is now (which happens to be perfect)......

I personally like all of these idea's but that sure would mess up a lot of really good Christmas time tourneys (and a lot of very good one's at that) that have been going on for quite some time.  The Al Smith, Mater Dei Holiday Classic, Mooresville Holiday Classic, North Montgomery Invite, Connersville Spartan Classic.....just to name a few....How about including the whole wrestling community in on the voting of such a tourney not just the coach's, nothing against any coach's but putting butt's in the bleachers is what it seems to be all about for IHSAA (too bad...seems like we have put money before what is good for the kids)........

Put it to a public vote........

It sounds like a really good dual meet tournament, but not much more to me.  Sounds similar to going to the Bellmont Super Duals or Calumet or the North Montgomery Duals.  We already have these type of showcase duals.

If this is part of your argument, and it does seem to be part of your broken record approach, then the tournament proposed at the Fall Clinic does not meet your criteria as it is nothing more than a really good dual meet tournament.  Teams are invited based on past performance, and anticipated performance...just an invitational....a really good invitational.

Coach Peck,

I asked this earlier, but believe it may have been lost in the chaos.

Would this event invite the top 4 teams (in each class) based on some criteria period or will the invites be evenly distributed 1 per  semi-state.  Though I'm not completely sold on the idea of a Hall of Fame Classic I think maybe a semi-state approach may garner some interest.  Plus it at least makes for a better chance of the teams invited facing new opponents than they usually see on there schedule.

Coach Peck,

Yes I read the entire "thing".  I am a pretty smart guy and followed the proposal well.  I understand the idea that it could grow.  The proposal and the possibility that it could grow are not over my head.  In my opinion, your proposal will not grow or improve wrestling in the state of Indiana.  I do not see this as something that will be of much interest.  Again, I could be wrong.  This is just my opinion.  I represent one person - myself.

It certainly will grow Indiana Wrestling if it develops into an "all-inclusive" or mostly "all-inclusive" Dual Meet tournament that determines the best team in each class in Indiana.  I do not care.....the name of the tournament can be the "Hall of Fame Classic" or the IHSWCA Duals State Championships if the IHSAA will allow the IHSWCA to call it that.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe that I have heard any of our Officers say that any IHSAA Commissioner has said that the IHSWCA may call the tournament "The IHSWCA Dual State Championships" and award a trophy proclaiming the winner as the "State Champ"

Once again, I was told by two IHSWCA Reps that it was voted on that your proposal would be the direction of the IHSWCA.  Why was this not presented at the Fall Clinic?  Why not figure out what coaches throughout the state want before making a decision?

First.....I merely presented my thoughts I did not ask for a vote.  I simply presented an alternative

Second..this was not presented at the Fall Clinic because I did not know what direction the IHSWCA would take on any idea....I have stated in another post that once I had a chance to read and think about the Proposal, for an Invitational State Tournament in early January, I saw several flaws with having that type of tournament on that weekend so I decided to come up with an alternative.  It seems that past surveys would lead one to believe that coaches want an "all-inclusive" Classed Dual Meet event....not an Invitational that is on a date that leaves little room for expansion.  

Yes for Mishawaka I want a Classed IHSWCA Team State, but as I have stated numerous times that is just my opinion.  Why is it so hard to send a survey out and ask what a majority of coaches want?  If coaches do not want a Classed Team State, I will shut up and never bring it up again.

Seems like you and I are on the same page about some things.  The IHSWCA should ask coaches what they want before making a decision.  The decision should be based off of what the majority of coaches in the state want.  Right?  So ask the question.  Sure I want it for Mishawaka, but if the decision were made in a democractic way I would live with it and hope it grew as you think it would.

Snyder

I am glad you finally admitted that you have an agenda and you are for what is best for Mishawaka.

I would love to see the Association send out a survey and ask three questions with the directions to read all three question and answer "yes" to one of them:

1.  Are you in favor of having a State Champion named as a result of a "classed" Invitational dual tournament with participation based on past performance and projected performance.

2.  Are you in favor of having a State Champion named as a result of an "all-inclusive" dual tournament that any team can take part in?

3.  Are you in favor of simply allowing the State Champion to be determined by the results of the Individual Tournament?

Coach Peck,

I asked this earlier, but believe it may have been lost in the chaos.

Would this event invite the top 4 teams (in each class) based on some criteria period or will the invites be evenly distributed 1 per  semi-state.   Though I'm not completely sold on the idea of a Hall of Fame Classic I think maybe a semi-state approach may garner some interest.  Plus it at least makes for a better chance of the teams invited facing new opponents than they usually see on there schedule.

The IHSWCA would have to decide this, but it only makes sense to consider Semi-State area becuase that would ensure getting exposure across the State.  

I do not care what the event is called.  If the IHSAA will allow the IHSWCA to call the event a "State Championship" then do it, but if not "Hall of Fame Classic" is a fairly known and solid type of name.

My real hope is that this tournament would work well the first year and then we would expand to include a few qualifying duals in each area of the State in the second or third year.

Positives:

Tournament Classed

New teams

Purposed to build revenue

Negatives:

NO TEAM STATE DUAL MEET CHAMPION... 

"Classed tournament" is under the wrong heading.  Should be in the "Negatives" column.....

I am not a fan of the idea nor do I see any benefit.  I know many people are this board are a proponent and talk about it alot, but I disagree.  I see no advantage in a classed system.  People have opinions in the positive, my opinion just happens to not be aligned with theirs. 

I was on board with clasing team state if it would help us save team state with the IHSAA because I felt team state was a good thing and needed to continue. 

Coach Peck,

Two regions reps stated that your proposal was voted on.  I was told the IHSWCA made the decision to head in the direction of your proposal and away from a Classed Team State.  Are you stating that this did not happen?

If you are saying you want to eventually get to an all-inclusive team state that is awesome.  I personally see no way that your proposal will head us in that direction.  In my opinion, it takes us in the opposite direction.  I do not see this as something that will be of much interest or grow.

Find out what coaches want and do that.  I would like to see a version of a Classed Team State to start with.  Try to set up a system where the best teams are invited based off of known criteria and grow the tournament from there.

As far as me being all about Mishawaka.  Yes, I love Mishawaka Wrestling.  I have not been at this as long as you, but please check into me a bit before you make judgements about my character.  I believe I have done a lot for many wrestlers in our area that are not Mishawaka Wrestlers.  As you believe you do, I also want what is best for wrestling....That's why I want a Classed Team State.  Mishawaka can compete in a one class team state, but I know it is better for the sport to have a Classed Team State - thus I support a Classed Team State.  In my opinion, your proposal takes us farther away from a Classed Team State.  I believe a Classed Team State would help wrestling grow in Indiana.  I am close with many Michigan Coaches.  It is VERY popular there.  Since I believe your proposal sends us in the opposite direction, I do not want this to be the direction the IHSWCA takes.  Bottom line - ask coaches before a decision like this is made.

Snyder

Here is the problem the IHSAA said we (IHSWCA) could sponsor a Team State Tournament ( after they ended their support of team state) and they would give a waiver to do it. The waiver for competitions would only be for one event. How do you do a true team tournament in one event?

To be a true team state tournament (all in, single or classed) would call for multiple events. The IHSAA would never give the IHSWCA this. The IHSAA knew this and knew it would be impossible to achieve without being a IHSAA sanctioned event. They knew we were spilt on single and classed and it would fail. We jumped on it hook line and sinker and didn't even put up a fight. The last times they hinted at ending Team State we had emergency meetings and put up a fight. This time we just took it.

The IHSAA's wanting to end the Team Dual tournament was nothing new. They brought it up everytime we met with them and at our proposal meetings. They said give it up and we will give you wrestlebacks at regional and semi-state and go back to old format. We countered by saying why give up something we already have? Lets try and improve it so the IHSAA would support it. That is why the runner-up at Sectional advancing to team regional was eliminated to try and stop holding kids out at the regional which they felt hurt the integrity of the tournament.

The IHSAA felt if only the Sectional Champions advance teams would wrestle their full squads. It didn't happen and it gave them more ammunition to use with the Principals on the Executive Committee.

I agree we need to poll our membership and find out what they want. The only time we had almost 100% response was doing it at the Sectional Seeding meeting where all Head Coaches would be present. I think we need to do that again this year.

The only way for it to work is if it is a IHSAA sanctioned event. The problem is we have lost it without a fight.

How do we get it back? It took years to get what we had and it was lost without even putting up a fight.

To be honest what does it mean to win a IHSWCA State Championship if it is not recognized by the IHSAA?

We should have called for emergency meetings last year like we had done in the past and at least put up a fight.

Now we just continue to fight amongst ourselves like the IHSAA knew we would and get no where while losing Team State.

The IHSAA won and we lost.

Coach Peck,

Two regions reps stated that your proposal was voted on.  I was told the IHSWCA made the decision to head in the direction of your proposal and away from a Classed Team State.  Are you stating that this did not happen?

If you are saying you want to eventually get to an all-inclusive team state that is awesome.  I personally see no way that your proposal will head us in that direction.  In my opinion, it takes us in the opposite direction.  I do not see this as something that will be of much interest or grow.

Find out what coaches want and do that.  I would like to see a version of a Classed Team State to start with.  Try to set up a system where the best teams are invited based off of known criteria and grow the tournament from there.

As far as me being all about Mishawaka.  Yes, I love Mishawaka Wrestling.  I have not been at this as long as you, but please check into me a bit before you make judgements about my character.  I believe I have done a lot for many wrestlers in our area that are not Mishawaka Wrestlers.  As you believe you do, I also want what is best for wrestling....That's why I want a Classed Team State.  Mishawaka can compete in a one class team state, but I know it is better for the sport to have a Classed Team State - thus I support a Classed Team State.  In my opinion, your proposal takes us farther away from a Classed Team State.  I believe a Classed Team State would help wrestling grow in Indiana.  I am close with many Michigan Coaches.  It is VERY popular there.  Since I believe your proposal sends us in the opposite direction, I do not want this to be the direction the IHSWCA takes.  Bottom line - ask coaches before a decision like this is made.

Snyder

You are simply not reading the Proposal or my posts, or you are too closed minded to understand what I am saying.

1. I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE TOURNAMENT TO DETERMINE THE BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE IS NAMED.

2. I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE CLASSED  (have from the begining)

3. I THINK AN INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT IN EARLY JANUARY IS LIMITED WITH NO SPACE TO GROW.

4.IN YOUR REPLIES TO ME YOU CONTINUALLY HARP ON ASKING THE COACHES WHEN I HAVE NEVER CLAIMED THAT THE COACHES SHOULD NOT BE ASKED.  AS A MATTER OF FACT I EVEN SUGGESTED WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK THEM.

5. YOU WANT TO MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THE INITIAL IDEA THAT TEAMS WILL BE INVITED ONCE EVERY FEW YEARS WHEN (if you read) IT SUGGESTS THAT THIS POLICY COULD BE CHANGED AS EARLY AS YEAR TWO AND THE TOURNAMENT COULD BE EXPANDED IF THE COACHES SO DESIRE.  THIS IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THEN THE JABUARY TOURNAMENT PROPOSAL EXCEPT THAT THERE MIGHT BE ROOM TO GROW THIS WITHOUT DISRUPTING OTHER EVENTS

6. I KNOW YOU ENOUGH TO BELIEVE YOU ARE A HARD WORKING GUY, AND A GOOD MAN.  I JUST THINK YOU ARE CLOSED MINDED ON HOW TO GET THE JOB DONE IN THIS CASE BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO CLOSE TO THE SITUATION.

Disclaimer.....I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE IHSWCA.  THE THOUGHTS I EXPRESS OUR MINE AND MINE ALONE

Coach Peck,

Feels like you think I am not smart enough to figure out your proposal.  Again, I am a pretty smart guy- graduated Magna Cum Laude.  I understand your proposal. 

Ever consider that maybe you are wrong?  I am just telling you that I do not believe your proposal will grow or do anything for the sport of wrestling.  I am not saying a Classed Team State needs to be the first week of Jan.  Your proposal gives a team two matches and the best teams can't attend every year.  I personally do not think many programs would want to spend the time or money to travel to this.  We definitely would not.  Are teams going to travel 3 or 4 hours to wrestle in two dual meets that determine nothing?  I don't think so.  See this as possibly turning into a good Indy event, but not a good event for the entire state.

Since I do no think your proposal and event will create much buzz or excitement in the state, I think will fail.  So no I do not support it and believe it take us in the opposite direction of a Classed Team State.

Snyder

Here is the problem the IHSAA said we (IHSWCA) could sponsor a Team State Tournament ( after they ended their support of team state) and they would give a waiver to do it. The waiver for competitions would only be for one event. How do you do a true team tournament in one event?

To be a true team state tournament (all in, single or classed) would call for multiple events. The IHSAA would never give the IHSWCA this. The IHSAA knew this and knew it would be impossible to achieve without being a IHSAA sanctioned event. They knew we were spilt on single and classed and it would fail. We jumped on it hook line and sinker and didn't even put up a fight. The last times they hinted at ending Team State we had emergency meetings and put up a fight. This time we just took it.

The IHSAA's wanting to end the Team Dual tournament was nothing new. They brought it up everytime we met with them and at our proposal meetings. They said give it up and we will give you wrestlebacks at regional and semi-state and go back to old format. We countered by saying why give up something we already have? Lets try and improve it so the IHSAA would support it. That is why the runner-up at Sectional advancing to team regional was eliminated to try and stop holding kids out at the regional which they felt hurt the integrity of the tournament.

The IHSAA felt if only the Sectional Champions advance teams would wrestle their full squads. It didn't happen and it gave them more ammunition to use with the Principals on the Executive Committee.

Good points Bob.  Most people, who have never been in a meeting with Bobby Cox or the IHSAA, do not have a clue how bad it is to try to reason with them.  

I agree we need to poll our membership and find out what they want. The only time we had almost 100% response was doing it at the Sectional Seeding meeting where all Head Coaches would be present. I think we need to do that again this year.

Exactly what we should do.

The only way for it to work is if it is a IHSAA sanctioned event.

Exactly right....in Indiana High School Athletics the only Championship that seems to be recognized by schools and communities is an IHSAA Championship.

The problem is we have lost it without a fight.  How do we get it back? It took years to get what we had and it was lost without even putting up a fight.

To be honest what does it mean to win a IHSWCA State Championship if it is not recognized by the IHSAA?

We should have called for emergency meetings last year like we had done in the past and at least put up a fight.

Now we just continue to fight amongst ourselves like the IHSAA knew we would and get no where while losing Team State.

The IHSAA won and we lost.

You are right Bob...we lost without a fight.  I was really hoping that someone would stand up and lead the fight.  We had several people give it alot of "lip service", but no one took the lead.  I felt like I had fought enough battles and felt someone  else might step up, but the guys who had the biggest dogs in the fight were simply not willing to spend their time and energy to fight for something they claimed they felt was important.  Guys that were adamant we need the Dual Tournament simply laid down and died.  

It is a fight we might have won...maybe still could, but I think we have too many people who want the pie, but are not willing to make it and bake it.

I remember sitting in an office with Bobby Cox after we got wrestlebacks in the Sectional and him saying that the only reason we got wrestlebacks (so the Sectional is not one and done) because we intimidated the IHSAA Board.  I smiled and told him he was exactly right  and that it was a shame that it came to that because it was only fair and only logical to have wrestlebacks.

Somewhere along the line the IHSWCA is going to have to realize that the IHSAA is not going to give us something we want unless they want it...they will throw us a bone from time to time, but not one that has any meat on it.  The only way we will ever get what we wnat is to stand up to them and to kick the door in.

Coach Peck,

Feels like you think I am not smart enough to figure out your proposal.  Again, I am a pretty smart guy- graduated Magna Cum Laude.  I understand your proposal. 

Ever consider that maybe you are wrong?  I am just telling you that I do not believe your proposal will grow or do anything for the sport of wrestling.  I am not saying a Classed Team State needs to be the first week of Jan.  Your proposal gives a team two matches and the best teams can't attend every year.  I personally do not think many programs would want to spend the time or money to travel to this.  We definitely would not.  Are teams going to travel 3 or 4 hours to wrestle in two dual meets that determine nothing?  I don't think so.  See this as possibly turning into a good Indy event, but not a good event for the entire state.

Since I do no think your proposal and event will create much buzz or excitement in the state, I think will fail.  So no I do not support it and believe it take us in the opposite direction of a Classed Team State.

Snyder

You just seem to be a close minded broken record.  You want to detract, but you never say anything new.  You do not give any solutions.  Offer a solution to the problem Derek.  Maybe the proposal I am talking about doesn't do that...I think if looked at in the total picture of how it can develop it does, but at least I proposed something that is not a glorified Invitational, that does not  have to disrupts current events and will not disrupt schedules of more teams than those in the event.  When there was a Regional Reps meeting it seemed that most of the people in attendance saw that there were major drawbacks in the Proposal that was presented at the Fall Clinic. 

You tell me you are smart.  If you are so amart you should be able to come up with a plan that does actually offer Indiana wrestling teams a "Classed" Dual Meet Tournament that is close to "all-inclusive", or can be developed into a nearly all-inclusive event.  If you are so amart then do that in a better way than I have proposed.  Don't just keep talking.....we have heard enough of that........Propose a viable solution!!!

Coach Peck,

Once again, we were told at the Fall Clinic that the direction the IHSWCA was taking was the 3 class 24 Team State.  I spoke with Trent and he was supposed to contact me about being on the committee to determine the team selection criteria.  I liked the proposal and was told that was our direction, so why would I come up with something different?

I am working with some coaches now about different Classed Team State option.  One in particular I like a lot and think it could grow wrestling.  

Ironing out the details, but bottom line we need to find out what the coaches want first.  Do coaches want a Classed Team State?  I can't ask the question the way the IHSWCA can.  Ask that one simple question.   If a majority of coaches want it, come up with a couple options of an IHSWCA Classed Team State and let members vote on it.

One option is go with what was presented at the Fall Clinic...the other option we are considering involves something like that on a smaller scale over Christmas Break.  None of this matters until we ask coaches what they want.  Lets ask them...if they want a Classed Team State - offer a couple options and let them vote.

Snyder

Just last season a survey asking the coaches what the best way to crown a team champ showed that between 75 and 80 percent of the coaches felt that a classed dual format was the best way to find a champ.  I feel this is enough to show us waht a vast majority of the coaches want.

You are correct.  A large percentage of the coaches surveyed said they wanted a"classed" dual format tournament.  In voting for a "classed" dual format tournament the voters were assuming this was an "all-inclusive" tournament not an Invitational tournament limited to invitees.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.