Congrats Perry Meridian 2011 Team State Champions.

MattM

44-21 victory.  First boys team championship ever in any sport, and first school team championship since girls in the 1980's.

It's been a long time coming for the Falcons and many time of being very close.  Glad to see them finally climb to the top of the heap and win a Team title.  Also, an impressive job by Lawrence North pulling off and impressive win against Mater Dei to make it to the finals themselves.

Their is something about team state that make it a unique feeling and experience than the individual series.  And the parity involved in this years team finals showed this.

Congrats to Perry on finally bringing home that Team State title...it's been a long time coming.  Although I was pulling for another team today, it is great to see PM nabbing the win...had no idea it had been so long since they'd had any title?!?  Congrats on the win...enjoy the title...it might have been the last Team State title  :'(

The best team won.  That is why I love the team finals.  There is so much drama, action, excitement all wrapped up into one day of wrestling.  And also strategy.  Don't forget strategy.  You can't predict what will happen and you sure can't predict the final score.  That is why coach Tonte is a genius.  I am sure he doesn't sleep much.  Great job Perry!!!!!!!!  This is a well-deserved victory, and I know there will be many more to come!

This is why teams like Perry are wrestling for a State Championship every year. I walk into Beech Grove this morning, and the first person I see is Coach Tonte over on a mat coaching his club wrestlers.

I thought to myself, after a day like they had yesterday, and here they are still going .  What a great program.

I hope you see this before y2 deletes it - Coach Tonte, the rest of the Perry Meridian coaching staff and the TEAM congrats on an outstanding season and State Championship. I know how hard you and your wrestlers have worked to get here.

Bob Harmon

Castle

Thats funny, I got on here tonight to mention the same thing about coach Tonte.  I had the honor of coach Tonte tearing me up in the room at B.D. back in the day, I walk in to Beech Grove with our club, and there is Tonte and Schottle doing their thing after a day like yesterday.  Gotta love the passion.  Props to Perry Coaches

hub

Was at Beech Grove Folkstyle tourney yesterday. My son won the third place match in a big weight class, so we were there all day. 8:00 AM til 7:30 PM. Saw Coach Tonte soon after I arrived and he was there the entire day. The day after his biggest moment in Indiana wrestling and he spends 12 hours coaching his next generation. You don't have to wonder why his program is so successful. Congrats to Coach T and his entire staff.

Was at Beech Grove Folkstyle tourney yesterday. My son won the third place match in a big weight class, so we were there all day. 8:00 AM til 7:30 PM. Saw Coach Tonte soon after I arrived and he was there the entire day. The day after his biggest moment in Indiana wrestling and he spends 12 hours coaching his next generation. You don't have to wonder why his program is so successful. Congrats to Coach T and his entire staff.

There is no secret to why they win, and the truth is they now are coaching the kids that started wrestling at 5,6,7 years old in their club, and will reap the rewards for years to come. Congrats to that entire staff and especially my Bro, it's been long deserved, so enjoy the moment...

I had to work this weekend, so I missed the whole show. But I work the Perry wrestleoffs at the start of the season as well as their folkstyle ISWA tournaments, and the Marion County varsity tourney. Coach Tonte does an outstanding job of involving his entire staff in his entire program. Congratulations Jim to all of your staff, kids and families. Old 1988 - John M. Schattner.

Hello all, I wanted to wait a few days to repsond but I have a few things to say.  First, to Coach Williams, Weimer and Douglass.  Great job fellows.  Not only are they great coaches but great guys.  What a year they had and I knew way back at the County that if we made it we could be facing them.  They were very well coached and I was excited to be able to wrestle in the finals against another Marion County team.  What was so cool about this years state was the fact that we were friends with so many of the coaches we competed against.  What a great bunch of guys at team state.

I want to thank my coaching staff, our parents, administrators and fans.  I also want to thank all of you for your kind words.  We really do appreciate it. 

In closing, I hope that the coaches in Indiana saw what I saw on saturday.  A crowd that was pumped to the roof, a tournament that was competitve top to bottom, heroes from each team that were not wrestling the week before-Guys like Tasseff, Douthitt, Albertson, Henderson, Stevens.....How can we ever let this go!!!!

Thanks again and now the work begins,

Coach Tonte

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.