Contenders for next year?

mrboxman

Look for Zack Davis who wrestled 103 this year from Penn. Also Trevor Manspeaker at 130 from Penn. Both these wrestlers qualified for state this year. Two very good wrestlers.

Penn

Zach Davis

Jacob Davis

Trevor Manspeaker

Dan Ginter

Devin Reagan

Kade Maggart

Next year Merrillville Semistate will be stacked at 103 with Fuqua(2), Micic(3) Davis SQ Garza Reitz Buckey all being smaller 103's also 215 with Kral(3) Gallegos SQ reagen SQ Nickson Robinson and Knura these are 2 weights that will be awesome in 2012

All good wrestlers....

I can't see Fuqua or Buckley wrestling 103 next year.  I hear both had some difficulty at times making 103 early in the year.  Garza should be a beast at 103 next year and should be a state placer. Davis also should be tough.  I think Micic is the early favorite to take it at 103.  Kid is tough as nails....

219....  I also love 215.  I think that Robinson will be an absolute monster next year.  If he wrestles his butt off this summer and learns a little technique with that strength, the sky is the limit for this sophomore.

I also think Torres from Portage will make some noise at state next year.  He should have made it this year.   

If fuqua and Buckley get back to 103 it should be fun to watch. I can see Fuqua get back easier than i can Buckley. I agree Torres should have made it this year, he Didnt really look like he had the previous few weeks. I hope to see the Merrillville Semi-State as the top medal getter next year

i do not know where Luke Welch will be going but you know he got the nerves out wrestling for 5th this year and saw his older brothers get rings this year..... so im sure hes gonna be wanting to get 2 (1 next year and 1 his senior year) so he can 1UP them

Not in particular order

103 - Micic, Fuqua (maybe too big), Cottey, Garza, Mantel, DJ Smith, Rigney

112 - Boston, Fuqua (if moves up), Whitten, Lykins, Krumlauf, Lee, Buckley, Beldon, Bevins, Lile

119 - Petrov, Phillips, Brooks, Shepard, Schoettle, LeCount, B. James

125 - Todd, Farrell, Moss, Boston, Campbell, Ayresman, Carroll, Welch  

Not in particular order

112 - Boston, Fuqua (if moves up), Whitten, Lykins, Krumlauf, Lee, Buckley, Beldon

125 - Todd, Farrell, Moss, Boston, Campbell, Ayresman

Wow, no mention of Yorktown's Bevans, Phillips, Carroll...?

This is an interesting topic. At this time last year who would have picked Goldman or Boston? It will all come down to who puts in the time this summer.

Exactly.  I would add that, while there are certainly a few that are highly favored, there are no guarantees.  It will come down to who puts in the work, and other things, some beyond anyone's control.

tyler willis.....mason todd....jarred brooks....brian harvey.......nathan boston...kyle ayersman.......mckinley.....molloy.....sliga...... Kirk Johnson...

guess im not really listing "contenders" im kinda just listin my favs for next yr lol  :D

I believe that 103-140 all have a champ or a runner up returning.  Some weights have both returning, some are even deeper seeing that Phillips was a two time champ and finished third he wouldn't even be counted in those figures.  lLots of good ones coming back in the lighter weights.

145 You have Richey coming back, 52 runner- up Mullins, 60 3rd place Willis, 71 3rd place Lynde, 89 Sliga 3rd, 215 and Hwt were mostly seniors.

Lots of top guys are gonna be back next year, and that doesnt factor in weight changes by the wrestlers, and possible weight class changes.  If the classes change 138/145 would ber pretty loaded.

Not in particular order

112 - Boston, Fuqua (if moves up), Whitten, Lykins, Krumlauf, Lee, Buckley, Beldon

125 - Todd, Farrell, Moss, Boston, Campbell, Ayresman

Take nothing away from Ayersman he showed at the state finals he is a true champion.  However, I would love to see Ayersman wrestle any of the stud 112's.  I think anyone of them can beat him on a good day.  Todd, Brooks, and Phillips could beat him next year.  119 seemed a little down this year. Does he move up or stay?  Might be easier at 125 for him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.