PM/MD/CP

Bruschi

Have not seen everybody wrestle this year, but will post potential lineups and my picks.  Some of the PM I may be way off and the PM fans can correct me.

MD/CP

103:  josh Fuqua  CP  maj Seng MD:  CP 4-0;  

112:  Goebel dec Saroff  CP : CP 4-3  

119:  Pierre MD dec Burlison CP: MD 6-4

125:  Henderson MD dec Harvey-CP: MD 9-4

130:  Mangold dec Halsted -CP: MD 12-4

135:  Jake Fuqua -CP dec Shroeder: MD 12-7  

140:  Tsirtsis -CP  tech Lannert MD;  MD 12-12  

145:  Roach-CP  pin Riggs MD: CP 18-12

152:  Flamme  CP dec Weinzapfel: CP 21-12

160  Simms MD pin Schurg  CP; CP 21-18

171  Shrewsbury CP dec Bradenstein  MD: CP 24-18

189:  Boots MD  pin Langbehn CP: Md 24-24

215:  Kral CP  pin Wright MD;  CP 30-24

HWT VanWinkler pin Swope: tie 30-30

CP/PM

103:  josh Fuqua  CP  maj Cottey PM:  CP 4-0;  

112:  LeCount mdec Saroff    : Tie 4-4  

119:  Burlison dec Kenny PM : CP 7-4

125:  McKinley pin Harvey-CP: PM 10-7

130:  Bova mdec Halsted -CP: PM 14-7

135:  Jake Fuqua -CP mdec Klinesmith: PM 14-11

140:  Tsirtsis -CP  pin Capp;  CP 17-14  

145:  Roach-CP  pin Fagan: CP 23-14

152:  Johnson PM dec Flamme CP: CP 23-17

160  Schrug dec Harz  PM; CP 26-17

171  Massengale PM dec Shrewsbury  CP: CP 26-20

189:  Tasseff PM  pin Langbehn CP: tie 26-26

215:  Kral CP  dec Cooper;  CP 29-26

HWT  Naughton pin Swope : PM 32-29

MD/PM

103:  Cottey PM dec Seng:  PM 3-0;  

112:  LeCount dec Goebel    : PM 6-0  

119:  Pierre mdec Kenny : PM 6-4

125:  McKinley mdec Henderson : PM 10-4

130:  Bova dec Mangold : PM 13-4

135:  Schroeder mdec Klinesmith: PM 13-7

140:  Lannert  pin Capp;  tie 13-13

145:  Riggs  dec Fagan: MD 16-13

152:  Johnson PM dec Wiezenpfal : tie 16-16

160   Simms pin Harz  MD 22-16

171   Massengale PM dec Bradenstein  MD 22-19

189:  Boots mdec Tasseff PM:  MD 25-19

215:  Cooper mdec Wright:  MD 25-23

HWT  VanWinkle pin Naughton : MD 31-23

Again Some of these are just guesses for discussion sake.  Did these pretty fast math may be wrong.

or Bellmont bellmont is so tough from 171 to HWT and you can switch your top heavyweight with your top 215 so they can both score bonus points

I need nelp with the swapping of meyer and thatcher and why this is such a briiliant coaching manuver.  can thatcher really pin some 285 more easily than meyer and vise versa?  To me it seems like if thatcher can stick a 285 meyer could do the same thing to that opponent.  Same as if meyer can stick a 215 thatcher can also stick that same opponent. 

I need nelp with the swapping of meyer and thatcher and why this is such a briiliant coaching manuver.  can thatcher really pin some 285 more easily than meyer and vise versa?  To me it seems like if thatcher can stick a 285 meyer could do the same thing to that opponent.  Same as if meyer can stick a 215 thatcher can also stick that same opponent. 

Thatcher has probably 5 pins on his career.  Meyer is much more of a pinner.  Against Yorktown Thatcher probably would not have pinned Edwards, but had a better chance of pinning their heavyweight so they switched up Meyer and Thatcher.  I don't see them doing it much unless it is a situation extremely similar to that one where the 215 is better and the 285 is weak.

Thatcher has probably 5 pins on his career.  Meyer is much more of a pinner.  Against Yorktown Thatcher probably would not have pinned Edwards, but had a better chance of pinning their heavyweight so they switched up Meyer and Thatcher.  I don't see them doing it much unless it is a situation extremely similar to that one where the 215 is better and the 285 is weak.

this would probably work good if bellmont wrestled CP

Brandenstein is a little tougher than you give him credit for. He would beat Massengale and would not get majored by Shrewsbury.  But overall pretty good predictions. 

Bova wont major Halsted.  also

I have Shrewsbury with a dec not a major.  This is a swing match and I think will be a one or two point match either way. 

Thanks joe

Brandenstein is a little tougher than you give him credit for. He would beat Massengale and would not get majored by Shrewsbury.  But overall pretty good predictions. 

Bova wont major Halsted.  also

Where was Brandenstein at state? I noticed Massengale was there, but you think the kid that didn't make it is going to win at the dual! Sounds like wishful thinking... It seems like you want to give EMD the upsets, and the matches that PM are heavy favorites only minimal points also ???

Big HI,

Brandetsein was at state in the stands.  And it has happen many times in history that a kid who did not make it to state has beaten a kid who did make it to state. 

And I have no connection with the M.dei just from the South so rooting for them.

Big HI,

Brandetsein was at state in the stands.  And it has happen many times in history that a kid who did not make it to state has beaten a kid who did make it to state.  

And I have no connection with the M.dei just from the South so rooting for them.

I'm aware it happens, but I doubt EMD wins that particular match ( and it would be a upset)  and  every other swing match!!!

Where was Brandenstein at state? I noticed Massengale was there, but you think the kid that didn't make it is going to win at the dual! Sounds like wishful thinking... It seems like you want to give EMD the upsets, and the matches that PM are heavy favorites only minimal points also ???

I don't think you can judge who is the better wrestler by if they go to state or not. For one, different semi states and one might have gotten a bad draw.

I don't think you can judge who is the better wrestler by if they go to state or not. For one, different semi states and one might have gotten a bad draw.

Thats a silly statement, although it's not always true 100% of the time I would bet we tend to get the best kids in general making it to state, and not to mention the wrestler in question was also ranked all year and the other was not...

A few years ago, Coach Goebel, in a move that boggles the mind, replaced MD's varsity 160 with the Reserve 152 to face another teams state placer.  Lovelace from MD pinned their SQ.  Believe me the 16 who make it to state each year are NEVER the best 16 wrestlers in the state at that weight class.  The 8 placers are NEVER the best 8 in that weight class.  Good draws and great runs do not make you a better wrestler, they just give you a higher placing.

Don't underestimate the love for a Coach!!!!!!    I TAKE PENN TO WIN. 

Just because of what the IHSAA put his team through.  Those individuals missed his guidance and presence.  The stage is set for a feel good story.  They will say " Our TEAM did it for OUR Coach Brad Harper"  PENN State Champ 2011!!!!!!!!

A few years ago, Coach Goebel, in a move that boggles the mind, replaced MD's varsity 160 with the Reserve 152 to face another teams state placer.  Lovelace from MD pinned their SQ.  Believe me the 16 who make it to state each year are NEVER the best 16 wrestlers in the state at that weight class.  The 8 placers are NEVER the best 8 in that weight class.  Good draws and great runs do not make you a better wrestler, they just give you a higher placing.

That whole scenario became an instant legend.  I would love to know what insight led him to that or if it was a gut feel, a guess, or what.

Have not seen everybody wrestle this year, but will post potential lineups and my picks.  Some of the PM I may be way off and the PM fans can correct me.

215:  Kral CP  dec Cooper;  CP 29-26

Cooper beat Kral at state? it went into overtime but cooper really did control the match the whole time.

i think teams that do not wrestle in the SIAC do not quite understand what MD has. Their depth is always amazing. Their reserves would be starting varsity with good records at most schools in their sectional.  They are very very tough and the competition for every weight class on their team is intense. Varsity wrestles HAVE to fight to keep their spot. Hence why most of the South has great respect for their program. You see pictures from their youth program and the swarm of kids they have in wrestling 1st-8th grades. THATS how you run feeder systems

i think teams that do not wrestle in the SIAC do not quite understand what MD has. Their depth is always amazing. Their reserves would be starting varsity with good records at most schools in their sectional.  They are very very tough and the competition for every weight class on their team is intense. Varsity wrestles HAVE to fight to keep their spot. Hence why most of the South has great respect for their program. You see pictures from their youth program and the swarm of kids they have in wrestling 1st-8th grades. THATS how you run feeder systems

I agree with what you said but it seems like most people are picking MD.  Seems they are the favorite to win it this year. 

If CP does win against MD I think Kral beats Cooper this time, but I think PM beats CP.  MD beats CP and PM.  MD seems like they are team to beat.

I agree with what you said but it seems like most people are picking MD.  Seems they are the favorite to win it this year. 

If CP does win against MD I think Kral beats Cooper this time, but I think PM beats CP.  MD beats CP and PM.  MD seems like they are team to beat.

Cooper just flat broke Kral, it looked as if Tyler had decided at the end of regulation that he was finished wrestling. From my view Kral put his hands on his hips and didn't put much of a fight into defending that very first shot in overtime. They go 0 - 0 for six minutes and then gave up the takedown in the first :15 of OT  ???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.