Up and coming programs...

lowsingle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Indian Creek its not a program they dont even have a full team they have that great junior class with reese raley and stevenson and a good sophmore in stevenson and there is a younger reese that is a freshman that will be tuff. All those kids got there start some where else. As for Danville I agree they have some good kids yet sometimes you can only go as far as your coach can take you dont know if they have the coaches to take them to the next level

As for Indian Creek its not a program they dont even have a full team they have that great junior class with reese raley and stevenson and a good sophmore in stevenson and there is a younger reese that is a freshman that will be tuff. All those kids got there start some where else. As for Danville I agree they have some good kids yet sometimes you can only go as far as your coach can take you dont know if they have the coaches to take them to the next level

I was going to say Danville as well, Pugluise has only been there a few years.  These next couple of years will be his first true class.  I, on second hand, attribute their success to the Coaching staff.  They are very young and very impressive. 

Franklin will never be elite, they're heads are alll screwed up..they dropped like flies in the ticket round Saturday...it was a pretty disturbing site

Uh oh....better hope Fruitchillers doesn't read your post.  You'll be in biiiiiiiig trouble :)

Franklin will never be elite, they're heads are alll screwed up..they dropped like flies in the ticket round Saturday...it was a pretty disturbing site

Outside the keif thing I'm not really sure what you mean they're heads are all srewd up. They ran into tuff compettion they had two fourth placers have ethier an OT or a 1 point match the one kid that got 3 got a terrible draw and wrestled stien first and didnt flake out. In the tickect round they had some tuff draws but they get a sophmore 215 that has wrestled for 3 years to state. I would like to knw how many your team had in that round unless you are from castle you have zero room to talk because if you are from blomington south only other team that got a bunch to state you got beat by franklin if I recall right

i agree carrer... umm im pretty sure they won twenty something county titles in a row and like mid teen's sectionals in a row... round ten regionals in a row, and went to team state every year since that tournament was created until 2003.. Not to mention how many programs in the state have had wrestlers that compete in the olympics? Bryce Hasseman won state in 2000 at 160.. yes hes still wrestling.. i think hes ranked like number 2 for the olympic team right now.. been in colorado since he left college..  and should make it to the olympics next time around.. oh and how many coaches in the state have won over 500 dual meets? thats a very short list.. does that sound like an average program? i think not...

Yes, franklins program is very nice...but are they elite? No...and I'm talking about how almost all their wrestlers had a shot in the ticket round, and didn't punch it...elite programs punch their tickets if they have a chance....and I was not even talking about kief...I meant how one after the other got beat

But if u wanna talk about kief, we can  :)

Yes, franklins program is very nice...but are they elite? No...and I'm talking about how almost all their wrestlers had a shot in the ticket round, and didn't punch it...elite programs punch their tickets if they have a chance....and I was not even talking about kief...I meant how one after the other got beat

But if u wanna talk about kief, we can  :)

abcd:

Obviously, Mater Dei?s program is and has been at the top in Indiana for some time.

But using your logic, Mater Dei wouldn?t meet YOUR strict definition of an ?elite? program, since they brought ten wrestlers to Semi-State (one more than Franklin), and advanced ?only? two (same as Franklin) . . .

Just the mention by lowsingle of Franklin brought out your quick, negative response.

Whose team were you at the Semi-State to support?

Mount Vernon's program has made some pretty big strides in the last 3 years or so.  They're sending 3 kids to state this year and all of them will be returning.  I may be wrong, but i think they only sent a total of 3 up there throughout the entire  2000's.  They've also got 2 or 3 others who will probably make some noise next year.  I'm not saying they'll be a top ranked team anytime soon, but I think they'll be able to compete with the likes of reitz and memorial next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.