Quick survey for all: Freshman weight, senior weight, grad year

maligned

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th: 103 (by the end of the season coming down from about 114 or 115 to 105 every wk)

12th: 140

Wow, I never knew who you were before.  I knew your high school was all smarty pants and everything, but who knew they produced such stellar stat geeks.  :)  In all seriousness, you do amazing work.  From a fellow stat geek, I'm always impressed by your knowledge and clarity of communication (and your punctuation is impeccable...which no one else probably notices).  I'm even more impressed now that I know your age and who you are.

Wow, I never knew who you were before.  I knew your high school was all smarty pants and everything, but who knew they produced such stellar stat geeks.  :)   In all seriousness, you do amazing work.  From a fellow stat geek, I'm always impressed by your knowledge and clarity of communication (and your punctuation is impeccable...which no one else probably notices).  I'm even more impressed now that I know your age and who you are.

I think that high quality college education is helping too.

So, generally, it looks like kids are wrestling bigger in the past 5 years than previously, but I'd really, really like some more data if there are some more willing participants.  Thanks again!

Three reasons

1. Kids are generally starting high school later

2. Kids are hitting puberty sooner

3. Weight loss plans.

Three reasons

3. Weight loss plans.

Yeah, but if the data I have so far holds up, there's been a significant step up even in just 5 years.  Of course I can see a trend from some time back; but if the small sample size so far continues, it seems there's definitely evidence to suggest that reason #3 is working.  I thought maybe more people would respond though.  It's still too early to make many conclusions.

Three reasons

3. Weight loss plans.

#1 I don't get. Why would they be starting later? The students I have are mostly 17 and 18 at graduation, so was I, so were my parents. Are there more parents holding their kids out for athletic reasons or are they getting held back more?

#1 I don't get. Why would they be starting later? The students I have are mostly 17 and 18 at graduation, so was I, so were my parents. Are there more parents holding their kids out for athletic reasons or are they getting held back more?

Less kids are graduating at 17 than were even back 10 years ago.  I think the kindergarten entrance date has moved and they are more strict with it too.  Also, more parents are hold kids back a year if they are close to that date for various reasons such as maturity.

I am not starting my 4 year old son in school next year for those reasons. 1) June 10 birthday. He'll be 18 his whole senior year. 2)Maturity and he's not exactly tall for his age. 3) No need to hurry him out of my house.

I think it could be a difference from being a leader instead of a follower.

He is wrestling already (35 lbs.)and loves it. To him there is "practice wrestling" and "real wrestling". He likes the "real wrestling" best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.