So much for small teams not being able to compete

duck_and_run

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic I like magic.  I think David Copperfield could make it happen.  After all he made the Statue of Liberty disappear.

I do too, it's more relaxing and less tense than reading a class wrestling discussion. Pick a number, any number...

I am not manvswild and if you ban me it would just be because you are scared of the outcome.  I will also show you exactly where you claimed class wrestling will fix small schools wrestling programs.  The benifits you claim for class wrestling have been flat out disproven   Silence the opposition sounds like Nazi Germany.  Good for you I hope you feel like a big man for that.

I have not threatend anyone or anything that would be deemed uneccessary.   I will take your bet though for the sake of argument.

All they are saying is give class a chance?  

Lets not do it because once you make a huge change like that it is nearly impossible to get it switched back.  The Ihsaa will have to bend over backwards to get this organized if it ever did pass, and they would never change it because of that.  We need to weigh our options before we make hasty decisions.  Thats why the health care debate is so heated, because if it ever does change it will never ever change back.  As far as me dissproving Y2 I have 24 hours so you can expect the most anticipated post in Indiana Mats history to start at approximatly 11pm tonight.  

Be ready to see all the holes in Y2s debate as I will disscuss everything from lies, his agenda, and how class wrestling will really effect the state. 

Be ready to see all the holes in Y2s debate as I will disscuss everything from lies, his agenda, and how class wrestling will really effect the state. 

I think he was wanting you to post proof (a link) within 24 hours to where he said a class system will save wrestling, not just debate him within that time frame.

I am not manvswild

My guess is that you are one in the same.  You both use the word 'there' in the wrong context in every post.

there= a location.  For example...Go stand over there.

their= possessive  example... Their wrestling program is top notch.

they're = contraction for they are

For the record, I am on the fence for class wrestling for the team tournament only.  And that would only be a big school, small school tournament.  Don't make it 5 classes.  Other days I say leave it alone.  But for God's sake, don't mess with the individual tournament. 

My guess is that you are one in the same.  You both use the word 'there' in the wrong context in every post.

there= a location.  For example...Go stand over there.

their= possessive   example... Their wrestling program is top notch.

they're = contraction for they are

For the record, I am on the fence for class wrestling for the team tournament only.  And that would only be a big school, small school tournament.  Don't make it 5 classes.  Other days I say leave it alone.  But for God's sake, don't mess with the individual tournament. 

Amen! Leave individual alone. You can split team tournament in two classes or maybe three at the most. But leave the individual alone.

Mr. Duck and Run Goes to Washington and takes on the corrupt power brokers. 

Sounds like a bad movie plot or a Dateline episode

I like Dateline NBC....kinda the way I like this thread.  Just keeps me hooked even though I know I should be doing something else.

i guess the state will have to go back to the old system where each sect,reg, semi, counted and basically if you had seven strong kids you would win state.  all this bitching just takes away how special indiana wrestling is. we compare all other sports that are in class to wrestling.  I dont get it- football, basketball, baseball all have to rely on each other during the game.  wrestling on the other hand it is me vs him you vs i it- bottom line- the best wins at the end . Now the debate possibly about a small school team and a big school team i dont really think it matters there either Yorktown,Belmont, MD would be in the small group and beat teams like Whitko, Garrett, and Peru. We will probably have to go back to the old system because of funding, plus some kids might like it so they can get a break during the week with cutting.  Whatever happens, the school systems are in trouble and being a Basketball state i don't think any program is save. Good luck to all wrestlers big or small giv'em hell !

That  is where your ignorance shows.  No way that Bellmont is ever a small school.  They are about 130 students away from being considered a small school.  Yorktown is on the bubble and from my calculations would be a big school if they went off the football classification enrollments. 

wrestled in a state with division wrestling, division wrestling should only be division for team state. Wrestling is an individual sport, don't care how big of a school you go to or small schools you go to in Indiana when you are a state champion you are an actual state chamion!  

wrestled in a state with division wrestling, division wrestling should only be division for team state. Wrestling is an individual sport, don't care how big of a school you go to or small schools you go to in Indiana when you are a state champion you are an actual state chamion! 

Then why do states class then?  Is it to make wrestling look like a weak sport?

Like Sands Through the Hourglass... So Are the Days of Our Lives!

I believe this site got started because to many people were addicted to Indiana wrestling news and our only supplier was on the fritz and in the internet stoneages.

By the way if I say class wrestling is the magic fix and end all for improving Indiana wrestling does it count for duck_and_run getting credit or do I actually have to mean it.  :)

Ok lets start this thing let me get my whole arguement out.

1.  Lets be generous and say that the team portion needs to be classed.  Why would the individual tournement be unfair to small school individuals.  

Y2 said:

a state qualifier if you are from a big school, you have a 3X greater chance of making it to state.

This statment maybe statistacally true, but what does it show.  To me it shows that some big schools just have better wrestling programs in place.  If you are to believe Y2's liberal ideas you are saying that at birth a wrestler born in a big school district is better then a wrestler born in a small school district.  By voting to class the individual portion of the tournement you are also saying there is no way to overcome this.  Basically you are beat before you start.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.