CAL. - C.P. brackets ?

INDIAN219DAC

Its a conspiracy! All of the coaches from the CP sectional get together every year after the seeding meeting and complete the  ritualistic  cut your hand and become blood brothers handshake and swear to never release the brackets of the CP sectional to the rest of the world.

Any violators of this compact are given the choice of getting beheaded in a sacred location near Lowell  OR they have to be Janice Qualizza's personal assistant for a day at the Merrilville Semi State. 

Now the world knows the truth.....    :o

Its a conspiracy! All of the coaches from the CP sectional get together every year after the seeding meeting and complete the  ritualistic  cut your hand and become blood brothers handshake and swear to never release the brackets of the CP sectional to the rest of the world.

Any violators of this compact are given the choice of getting beheaded in a sacred location near Lowell  OR they have to be Janice Qualizza's personal assistant for a day at the Merrilville Semi State.   

Now the world knows the truth.....    :o

Haha!  Weren't the CP brackets the last to come in last year too? 

So not sending brackets is what is making our sport a second tier sport.  How foolish of me, I thought is was something else.  I guess if people really want the brackets then they can call the assistant AD at Crown Point and have him e-mail them to you.

A dramatic re-creation of the Crown Point brackets arriving at Indianamat.com headquarters in the morning...

emmys-2009-0133.jpg

Unauthorized as it may be, I love the sarcasm.  And btw, that is my favorite Farley seen.  Funny stuff!

Growing up in this sport and coaching it for the last 20 years I have had 1 thought on line brackets.  It does not matter what the draw is because you have to beat everyone to be the champion, which is the ultimate goal.  I don't even show my kids the brackets, just ask them.

Growing up in this sport and coaching it for the last 20 years I have had 1 thought on line brackets.  It does not matter what the draw is because you have to beat everyone to be the champion, which is the ultimate goal.  I don't even show my kids the brackets, just ask them.

So now the reason you don't want to send them in is they might get to see the brackets before Saturday.  I surely hope they don't get on this site today.

I can understand your perspective as a coach or parent of one of the wrestlers.  No sense having the kids get overconfident or building up unnecessary stress due to seeing their draw.

However, for the rest of us casual (or sometimes not-so-casual) fans out here, we just want to see the brackets to see some of the various matches around the state.  I'm not as familiar with many of the kids in Northern Indiana, so I'd like to see it to see who to look for advancing out of each of the sectionals.

Glad not everyone thinks like Julio--our sport would be in worse shape than it is now--as far as promoting it, in any way we can. If Crown Point is understaffed--why not move that Sectional in future years to another school that will get the help that will get the paperwork out- in time---like everyone else does. ??? ???

Julio it is true that you have to beat everyone to win the sectional ( or whatever tournament you are in)  I am sure someone, probably many, have finished second in the sectional and gone on to win the regional or better.  I am sure most wrestlers worry about the guy , person, they are wrestling. the nice thing about looking at the brackets early is you can find some weird stuff like the Jeff 171 bracket where one wrestler will be eliminated while one wrestler gets to the semi's. seems wierd to not move one of the wrestlers to the open match and get everyone to the quarters since it would fair to all.

Here is the deal guys, and ladies. If someone would have asked for the brackets after all the sectional seed meetings from the host sectionals then they would have probably been posted. But we are relying on coaches to view this site and then send them into the webmaster.  I didn't get on this site until Wednesday and I just voice my opinion.  Maybe next year we could have sectional representatives to send in the brackets and avoid this confusing.  On a different topic, I take my laptop to tournaments because people ask me to post updates.  (Promoting our sport, like taking time off in the summer to coach on ISWA trips)  And like I say, I'm not a sheep that just follows the norm, even though I might look like a goat.

Here is the deal, I got 31 other sectional brackets emailed me from either coaches or media people.  I only had to email and ask about 5 people for brackets.  Some coaches even directed the tournament director to send me their brackets.  If this was the first time I was asking for brackets, then I could understand, but this is the third or fourth year in which I have put together a list of many of the sectional brackets from around the state. 

Defending not sending in the brackets with I don't show my kids them, no one wants to see them, or they will change so there is no use is pretty absurd.

At least the Crown Point dual match results get posted usually the same night of the match.  The Fort Wayne area

very seldom posts any dual match results, and other areas aren't much better.  The Crown Point duals have been

posted 100 0/0 of the time unless they were wrestling out of state.  I don' think any other school can say that.

At least the Crown Point dual match results get posted usually the same night of the match.  The Fort Wayne area

very seldom posts any dual match results, and other areas aren't much better.  The Crown Point duals have been

posted 100 0/0 of the time unless they were wrestling out of state.  I don' think any other school can say that.

64.give_yourself_a_pat_on_the_back.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.