Bellmont Invite

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why is Memorial out and Castle in? It seems like the weather should be the same, unless Paradise really is just that.

Paradise is all that and more!! Is it possible we may see Bellmont and Castle wrestle each other tomorrow? I was dreading leaving at 3:00 am tomorrow for the drive down to Corydon to watch Castle, now its a 15 minute drive over to Decatur! Good luck to all teams tomorrow!

Castle and Memorial are from two different school corps.  Thus the decisions that are being made.  I was just told that evansville Reitz cannot travel tomorrow either.

Thats being siad, I just heard from a REALLY good source that Castle is loading the bus and heading to Belmont.  WOW, thats great for the fans and programs that will be there toeing the lines tomorrow.  Good luck to everyone!!

Bellmont should see about getting Princeton Community up here for the meet.  They are 14-3 so far this year, and though they may not have a comparable team to Bellmont, Perry, Mishawaka and maybe even Castle, throwing Drake Stein into the mix with these great teams would just add to the overall excellence of this meet.  They just had a tournament cancelled are are looking for something.  Someone tell Coach Faurote to call them.

I really thought we had a chance to beat Bloomington South, it's too bad that we won't get the opportunity to continue our undefeated record against them.

Hopefully we can still add some decent teams.

X2 . I believe Penn wanted a shot at them as well. Oh well , maybe Penn will get to wrestle Castle now .

Bellmont should see about getting Princeton Community up here for the meet.  They are 14-3 so far this year, and though they may not have a comparable team to Bellmont, Perry, Mishawaka and maybe even Castle, throwing Drake Stein into the mix with these great teams would just add to the overall excellence of this meet.  They just had a tournament cancelled are are looking for something.  Someone tell Coach Faurote to call them.

The Welch twins from Castle are the same quality of wrestler as Stein from Princeton.  They have just never wrestled in the Al Smith and got the exposure.

The Howe tournament did not get canceled, but I would suspect that Concordia would rather drive to always sunny(and closer) Decatur than Indianapolis.

Kinda sucks for the Howe organizers.  And for Concordia next year.  I cannot imagine Bellmont replacing either Bloomington South or Evansville Memorial with Concordia next year, and I doubt that Howe will invite back a team that cancels the day before a meet.  Bloomington and Evansville are not being allowed to travel by their school boards, Concordia does not have the same excuse as they do not really have a school board that makes decisions such as these.

The Welch twins from Castle are the same quality of wrestler as Stein from Princeton.  They have just never wrestled in the Al Smith and got the exposure.

All the more reason to bring a team like Princeton up.  Nothing like head-to-head match ups to increase exposure

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.