It's going to HAPPEN!!!!!!!

That1Guy

This year is nothing new!   The top two spots of the podium will be dominated by the Merrillville Semi-State.

Mark my word!!!!  The Merrillville Semi-State will win at least 8 titles if not all 14!

103  Ayersman - Lake Central

112  Hawkins - Crown Point        (Lock)

125  Tsirtsis - Crown Point

130 Harper - Mishawaka              (Lock)

135 Roach - Crown Point               (Lock)

140 Surma - Munster

Sandifer - Mishawaka     One of these three will be the champ!

Hall - S.B Riley

145 Young - CMA

152 McMurray - Portage               (Lock)

160 Myers - Crown Point               (Lock)

171 Atwood - Delphi

189 Shrewsberry - Crown Point  (Lock)

215 Cleveland - Lowell                   (Lock)

285 Fitzgerald - John Glenn         (Lock)

The Merrillville Semi-State year in and year out is the best in the state of Indiana.  If the IHSAA would allow wrestle-backs at the Semi-State, Merrillville would dominate 1st-8th place.

I dont think any of your "locks" are locks, Shrewsbury is the closest thing to it though, NO ONE is ever a lock, I have seen some crazy things happen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on another thread but felt it was also appropriate here:

With Sandafer losing last week and Harper being beaten a couple times this year, I think it is impossible to call any match this year a "lock."  There are no wreslters this year who are like Andrew Howe were last year.  Even Cashe has had some close matches and it would not shock me to see him lose somewhere down the road.  It would surprise me but with the talent in the state at the level it is, I am not sure anything would shock me.

That said, it is likely between Harper and Porras that 130 will come from Merrillville.  Same goes for Roach and Dillon.  Other than these two weight classes (maybe 189) it appears that the champ could come from multiple semi-states.  Likely that M-Ville will have the most champs and placers (I hope) but the original post is just dumb.

The Indianapolis schools will pull their weight this year.  The New Castle Semi-State is right up there with the Merriville Semi-State. Maybe a little tougher!!!  The New Castle Semi-State will have it's share of state champs this year!!!!!!

103 - Cody Phillips

112 - Brandon Nelson or Josh Keiffer

119 - Brandon Wright

125 - Cashe Quiroga

130 - D'Marcus Spencer

140 - Tony McGinley

145 - Jacob Tasseff

152 - Calvin Sullivan

160 - Matt Todd

171 - Michael Duckworth

All 14? You don't even have a 119 listed. Phillips, Nelson, Wright, and Cashe all from the NC SS could all win the title. You statement is terribly wrong. Not to mention Bennet, Eppert, Mascaro, the lil Kieffers, TMcGinley, GMcGinley, Sullivan, Todd, and Duckworth all coming from there. I wouldn't count any of those kids out, beside the kieffer at 119. had New Castle's 103 hadn't gotten hurt add him to the title list to.  So many good wrestlers from both SS. MHS, CP, and Delphi all from MSS, but CHS, PM, and RHS all from New Castle. Delphi couldn't beat any of those 3 teams. Not even Carmel or LN.  I'm pretty sure they(Delphi) wrestled PM and it was not even close, also losing to Carmel to.  From top to bottom teams wise there are better teams I think in the New Castle SS.

All 14? You don't even have a 119 listed. Phillips, Nelson, Wright, and Cashe all from the NC SS could all win the title. You statement is terribly wrong. Not to mention Bennet, Eppert, Mascaro, the lil Kieffers, TMcGinley, GMcGinley, Sullivan, Todd, and Duckworth all coming from there. I wouldn't count any of those kids out, beside the kieffer at 119. had New Castle's 103 hadn't gotten hurt add him to the title list to.  So many good wrestlers from both SS. MHS, CP, and Delphi all from MSS, but CHS, PM, and RHS all from New Castle. Delphi couldn't beat any of those 3 teams. Not even Carmel or LN.  I'm pretty sure they(Delphi) wrestled PM and it was not even close, also losing to Carmel to.  From top to bottom teams wise there are better teams I think in the New Castle SS.

Teams don't really equate into individual state. Individuals are what count now, and if you have great individuals on an average or above average team( even a bad team for that matter), then it does'nt matter what team beat who, but rather how those individuals did against those teams. There are kids who are on losing teams, but have great records and go on to win state.

Hawkins handled Nelson at the Tricoff

Cashe ran from Tsirtsis at the Tricoff

Myers has beaten Runyan for years!

Chalfant hasn't wrestled anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark my word people!  Merrillville Semi-State will continue to dominate the rest of the state!

If the IHSAA would allow wrestlebacks at the semi-state level you would see 4 true semi-state qualifers from Merrillville! 

myers and runyan havent wrestled for years and when they did wrestle they were probably bantam and midget, its gonna be the match to watch this year at conseco!!!  myers is a cradle whiz and runyan is on a mission this year unstoppable on his feat.

I understand there are good wrestlers on terrible teams. I listed some in my own statement. I'm just saying if you have more teams that are better that means there are going to be more wrestlers that are better.  If Myers has been beating him for years then why was Meyers not in the state finals? Hawkins has handled a lot of kids cept at state, and did he handle him last year at state? Draws mean a lot and sometimes guys just lose. Cashe ran from who? Cashe has wrestled and beat the best this year.  Already bumped up and beat Harper. Also I didn't see Harper lacing up the shoes at Tricoff to wrestle him during their dual cuz I bet you anything Cashe would have def bumped up then to.  If we are basing it all on individuals then I'm pretty sure NC SS tied for most ranked wrestlers along with Eville.  With having the #1 in the state 103 out. Anyone can win. There is noway to pick who has the toughest until after state.

Win vs. Harper (130) 2-1, Win vs. Porras (130) 10-5

Win vs. Spencer (130) 10-9, Win vs. Cook (130) by Fall

Win vs. Wright 8-6 in OT, Win vs. Tsirtsis 3-2

Win vs. Eppert (119) 10-4, Win vs. Spencer (130) 11-9 in OT

Win vs. Van Horn 17-9, Win vs. Ackermann by TF

Win vs. Odom (130), Win vs. Adams 22-10

LOOK AT THAT!!!!...... now tell me, who did he RUN from again?

Win vs. Harper (130) 2-1, Win vs. Porras (130) 10-5

Win vs. Spencer (130) 10-9, Win vs. Cook (130) by Fall

Win vs. Wright 8-6 in OT, Win vs. Tsirtsis 3-2

Win vs. Eppert (119) 10-4, Win vs. Spencer (130) 11-9 in OT

Win vs. Van Horn 17-9, Win vs. Ackermann by TF

Win vs. Odom (130), Win vs. Adams 22-10

LOOK AT THAT!!!!...... now tell me, who did he RUN from again?

I believe that the prior statement was speaking to the fact that Cashe ran off the mat against Tsirtsis.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

That 1 guy, just is in love with merriville.

I think there are some good picks there and merriville will have a lot of state placers, but I'm not sure they will have 10 or more champs.

There are a lot of good wrestlers around the state...so we'll see I guess.

It is hard to pick a Crown Point kid to win a title when is the Last time CP had a Champ. They could have 5(Hawkins, Tsirtsis, Meyers, Shrewsbury and Roach) I wouldn't say any where a lock

The last time CP had a state champ was Kent Swinehart in 1975.  Vlink will get his first champ this year, maybe a couple.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.