Mooresville Regional v Fort Wayne Semi State

What's the score?

106 - Malone (Monrovia) v Boyd (Delta)

113 - Dickman (Brownsburg) v Bollinger (Delta)

120 - Larocca (Center Grove) v Tishner (Western)

126 - Rioux (Avon) v Daniels (Union City)

132 - Hockaday (Brownsburg) v Bradley (Cowan)

138 - Ison (Brownsbirg) v Wood (Jay County)

144 - Courtney (Center Grove) v Doster (New Haven)

150 - Kresja (Center Grove) v Elkins (New Haven)

157 - Day (Brownsburg) v Betz (Western)

165 - Derringer (Brownsburg) v Myers (Belmont)

175 - Clouser (Center Grove) v Leech (Garrett)

190 - Henry (Brownsburg) v Cressell (Wabash)

215 - Brewer (Brownsburg) v Martin (Belmont)

285 - Johnson (Center Grove) v Hartleroad (DeKalb)

6 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

What's the point of this? Based on last week's wrestling the Mooresville regional would win at least 6 of the 14 weights against the rest of the state's all stars. They might even get to reverse a couple losses 

They go by the “5th Semi State” and I was curious how well they would stack up.  I could see Fort Wayne getting to 7 in this duel. 

1 hour ago, purdue02 said:

What's the score?

106 - Malone (Monrovia) v Boyd (Delta)

113 - Dickman (Brownsburg) v Bollinger (Delta)

120 - Larocca (Center Grove) v Tishner (Western)

126 - Rioux (Avon) v Daniels (Union City)

132 - Hockaday (Brownsburg) v Bradley (Cowan)

138 - Ison (Brownsbirg) v Wood (Jay County)

144 - Courtney (Center Grove) v Doster (New Haven)

150 - Kresja (Center Grove) v Elkins (New Haven)

157 - Day (Brownsburg) v Betz (Western)

165 - Derringer (Brownsburg) v Myers (Belmont)

175 - Clouser (Center Grove) v Leech (Garrett)

190 - Henry (Brownsburg) v Cressell (Wabash)

215 - Brewer (Brownsburg) v Martin (Belmont)

285 - Johnson (Center Grove) v Hartleroad (DeKalb)

Mooresville “Semi State” would 

200.gif?cid=d338e8bb36zkucdwfotl4hjb1i5i 

No disrespect intended for FW on the post.  Thought It'd be a fun scenario and I do think it would be competitive.  Really don’t think we’re that far away from FW being competitive with New Castle with the training centers and consistent growth we’ve seen.

6 hours ago, purdue02 said:

No disrespect intended for FW on the post.  Thought It'd be a fun scenario and I do think it would be competitive.  Really don’t think we’re that far away from FW being competitive with New Castle with the training centers and consistent growth we’ve seen.

You can’t disrespect and then say no disrespect.  Once again our kids are working hard and getting results.  We are proud of our student athletes in our Semi-State and the Carroll Regional which produced two state champions. Enjoy the excellent wrestling in your area.  You don’t have take a dump on us to do so.

10 hours ago, purdue02 said:

They go by the “5th Semi State” and I was curious how well they would stack up.  I could see Fort Wayne getting to 7 in this duel. 

No it's to disparage the Fort Wayne semi-state as much as possibly can. Why not compare to New Castle or East Chicago?

The Mooresville regional had 6 champs, 14 in the top 4, and 21 total placers. Fort Wayne had 3 champs and 12 in the top 4. New Castle had 4 champs and 10 in the top 4. East Chicago had 1 champ and 10 in the top 4. The rest of Evansville had 0 champs and 2 in the top 4.

Yet here we are trying to make the Fort Wayne semi-state look bad.

106 - Malone (Monrovia) forfeit 6-0 Mooresville

113 - Dickman (Brownsburg) forfeit 12-0 Mooresville

120 - Larocca (Center Grove) forfeit 18-0 Mooresville

126 - Davis(PSU)  dec Rioux (Avon) 18-3 Mooresville

132 - Hockaday (Brownsburg) dec Nagao(PSU) 21-3 Mooresville

138 - Ison (Brownsbirg) forfeit 27-3 Mooresville

144 - Bartlett(PSU) maj dec Courtney (Center Grove) 21-7 Mooresville

150 - Kresja (Center Grove) dec Kasak(PSU) 24-7 Mooresville

157 - Haines(PSU) maj dec Day (Brownsburg)  24-11 Mooresville

165 - Messenbrink(PSU) maj dec Derringer (Brownsburg) 24-15 Mooresville

175 - Starocci(PSU) dec Clouser (Center Grove) 24-18 Mooresville

190 - Truax(PSU) dec Henry (Brownsburg) 24-21 Mooresville

215 - Brooks(PSU) dec Brewer (Brownsburg)  24-24

285 - Johnson (Center Grove) dec Kerkvliet(PSU) 27-24 Mooresville

There you have it the Mooresville regional is better than Penn State.

37 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

No it's to disparage the Fort Wayne semi-state as much as possibly can. Why not compare to New Castle or East Chicago?

The Mooresville regional had 6 champs, 14 in the top 4, and 21 total placers. Fort Wayne had 3 champs and 12 in the top 4. New Castle had 4 champs and 10 in the top 4. East Chicago had 1 champ and 10 in the top 4. The rest of Evansville had 0 champs and 2 in the top 4.

Yet here we are trying to make the Fort Wayne semi-state look bad.

I guess we won't get any respect until we win all 14 weight classes!!!

I think the rest of Evansville better be thanking the Mooresville regional or they'd be below Fort Wayne in the rankings.

Semi-State Qualifiers Placers Top 4 Champs
Fort Wayne 56 21 12 3
New Castle 56 29 11 4
East Chicago 56 25 12 1
Evansville 56 37 21 6
Mooresville Reg 30 22 14 6
Rest of Ev 26 15 7 0

8 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I think the rest of Evansville better be thanking the Mooresville regional or they'd be below Fort Wayne in the rankings.

Semi-State Qualifiers Placers Top 4 Champs
Fort Wayne 56 21 12 3
New Castle 56 29 11 4
East Chicago 56 25 12 1
Evansville 56 37 21 6
Mooresville Reg 30 22 14 6
Rest of Ev 26 15 7 0

Yeah.... shoooweeee.. bless the Mooresville Regional... .We just get guys like Coy Hammack who are semifinalist as a Sophomore and never make it back to state. This year Peyton Richards, beat Gunner Butt at Connersville and Jalen May at IHPO but gets beat in ticket round by Rioux.

We aren't competing if not for Mooresville, that's for sure!!!

31 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Yeah.... shoooweeee.. bless the Mooresville Regional... .We just get guys like Coy Hammack who are semifinalist as a Sophomore and never make it back to state. This year Peyton Richards, beat Gunner Butt at Connersville and Jalen May at IHPO but gets beat in ticket round by Rioux.

We aren't competing if not for Mooresville, that's for sure!!!

Every SS has a couple guys who beat good guys during the season or offseason that don’t  make it out lol Mooresville makes Evansville.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

I am a Fort Wayne guy and I think that Fort Wayne wins at 106, 144, 157, 165, 175, and 215.  That is 6 and I think they could get 1 more match at either 120, 138, or 285.  I know the Mooresville Regional would be a favorite over all 3 Semi-States on paper but I was impressed how close I think Fort Wayne is to them.  I chose to compare to Fort Wayne because I am a Fort Wayne guy.

After rereading it, I can see how it reads as disrespectful but I think it is noteworthy they are close (since Mooresville had 6 champs) and not looking to disrespect but just thought it would be a fun scenario.

Edited by purdue02

17 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

I am a Fort Wayne guy and I think that Fort Wayne wins at 106, 144, 157, 165, 175, and 215.  That is 6 and I think they could get 1 more match at either 120, 138, or 285.  I know the Mooresville Regional would be a favorite over all 3 Semi-States on paper but I was impressed how close I think Fort Wayne is to them.  I chose to compare to Fort Wayne because I am a Fort Wayne guy.

After rereading it, I can see how it reads as disrespectful but I think it is noteworthy they are close (since Mooresville had 6 champs) and not looking to disrespect but just thought it would be a fun scenario.

I don’t see it at 106 but I’m 45 and need bifocals . Last I seen it, it was 13-0 Malone .