Crown Point State weekend

1 minute ago, rrschott said:

I genuinely thought based on how they had wrestled the entire year up to this point that when they qualified 12 through Semi-State with the number of champions they had that the state title was sewn up and they were on track to set an unbreakable record for team points.  This state finals does not seem at all like the CP I'd seen all year.  

I thought the same, but I do think that they all learned a big lesson of that bullseye on their back was real and nobody was going to just give it to them.  I do believe they will come back stronger next year with their eyes wide open, wrestling to score and not wrestling the clock. 

5 minutes ago, D Summar said:

I thought the same, but I do think that they all learned a big lesson of that bullseye on their back was real and nobody was going to just give it to them.  I do believe they will come back stronger next year with their eyes wide open, wrestling to score and not wrestling the clock. 

That's what's weird, is I don't think I've ever seen them (to a man) push the pace and be the one dictating how the match would play out.  Win or lose, they were aggressive for the full 6 minutes in every match I'd watched this year.  

18 minutes ago, rrschott said:

That's what's weird, is I don't think I've ever seen them (to a man) push the pace and be the one dictating how the match would play out.  Win or lose, they were aggressive for the full 6 minutes in every match I'd watched this year.  

Either way they will be back and will be better next year from their experience this weekend.  It’s a learning lesson for them, I am still a fan and it’s been fun watching these kids grow up.  

24 minutes ago, rrschott said:

That's what's weird, is I don't think I've ever seen them (to a man) *NOT* push the pace and be the one dictating how the match would play out.  Win or lose, they were aggressive for the full 6 minutes in every match I'd watched this year.  

Edit, cuz I'm dumb...

6 minutes ago, tonyzirkle said:

CP can still win. Last year they won every match after losing in the quarters or semis. If you can’t get what you want, get the next best thing. 

I don’t see it happening. 

31 minutes ago, M109R said:

I think CP would need to win every match going forward and possibly Brownsburg stumbling a match or two . 

So Crown Point lost a few and Brownsburg won a few since then .  Now what ? 

I maybe asking for a friend 

41 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

So Crown Point lost a few and Brownsburg won a few since then .  Now what ? 

I maybe asking for a friend 

CP came back and is up .5. Tragic 165 got injured. If BB doesn’t win at 215, it’ll be 3 in finals for BB vs 2 for CP. What’s the point difference bt 1 and 2?  

Edited by tonyzirkle

16 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Pretty sure advancement points are already awarded, meaning you only score additional points for your team if you win.

It might make the difference if the points are 2 or 4 between 1st and 2nd

Is is 16 pts for 1st and 12 or 14 2nd?

I found it in the program. 
1st 16 pts 

2nd 12 pts 

Edited by tonyzirkle

6 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Pretty sure advancement points are already awarded, meaning you only score additional points for your team if you win.

Yes just waiting on a few more placement points to be added once your match determines what spot you actually finish in. Plus a small score bonus if you can get a major or higher in the match. 

Edited by MattM

15 minutes ago, tonyzirkle said:

It might make the difference if the points are 2 or 4 between 1st and 2nd

Is is 16 pts for 1st and 12 or 14 2nd?

I found it in the program. 
1st 16 pts 

2nd 12 pts 

Yes, but the 2nd place points have already been awarded.  For example, after the semi final match, both winners advance to the finals and are both awarded 2nd place points (12 each).  After the championship match, the winner gets the additional 4 for winning plus bonus for a major, tech or pin.  The loser and 2nd place wrestler does not get any additional points after the championship match because they were already awarded the 2nd place points.

16 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Yes, but the 2nd place points have already been awarded.  For example, after the semi final match, both winners advance to the finals and are both awarded 2nd place points (12 each).  After the championship match, the winner gets the additional 4 for winning plus bonus for a major, tech or pin.  The loser and 2nd place wrestler does not get any additional points after the championship match because they were already awarded the 2nd place points.

Yes.  I got that. I just didn’t recall if 1st got you 2 or 4 more. If BB wins 113, 132 and 190 by regular decisions only, that’s 12 pts and CP would have to get two pins at 138 and 215 to win by .5. 

2 BB pins at 113 and 132 is still only 12, so the fat lady can’t sing before 138 ends. 

Edited by tonyzirkle

4 minutes ago, AndyStJ said:

How weird is it that the two teams fighting for the team title have 2 and 3 finalists out of 14 weight classes? 

CG is still in the mix with 3 in the finals & only 7.5pts behind CP/7pts behind BB.

20 minutes ago, slice6060 said:

CG is still in the mix with 3 in the finals & only 7.5pts behind CP/7pts behind BB.

In the mix and might win all 3 but would take a miracle