Qualifier parent tickets?

6 minutes ago, Clint Gard said:

My only gripe would be letting parents and schools get all session tickets instead of session one only.

My only gripe is that it seems like the event planners put more thought into activities and events outside of watching the actual wrestling than they did in thinking about how to make sure those that are their to watch their kids wrestle have a smooth process for doing so.

Screenshot_20240212-095256.thumb.png.c086b2b69f78da8769cc33336685049f.png

30 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

My only gripe is that it seems like the event planners put more thought into activities and events outside of watching the actual wrestling than they did in thinking about how to make sure those that are their to watch their kids wrestle have a smooth process for doing so.

Screenshot_20240212-095256.thumb.png.c086b2b69f78da8769cc33336685049f.png

Do you think the "fun" event portion is ran by the same people who decided 2 tickets per wrestler was the best idea?  I think the Evansville Sports Corporation came up with all of the events/shuttles outside of the actual wrestling.  I have no clue.   Just wondering if anyone has any insight. 

Edited by awill0352

3 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Do you think the "fun" event portion is ran by the same people who decided 2 tickets per wrestler was the best idea?  I think the Evansville Sports Corporation came up with all of the events/shuttles outside of the actual wrestling.  I have no clue.   Just wondering if anyone has any insight. 

It makes for a fun complaining point, so who cares about any real facts or truth.

3 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

I would imagine that's the case...was mainly griping and using sarcastic humor to self-soothe...it was only mildly effective.

What a flop by the IHSAA… “all session”, “session 2”, and “session 3” events not open for parents to buy seats like Ticketmaster said they would be. So now parents have to wait and compete in general public sale Wednesday in order to watch their kid wrestle on Saturday? This doesn’t seem like a difficult thing to get right, but then I remember we are dealing with the IHSAA 🙃

13 minutes ago, lanntp01 said:

What a flop by the IHSAA… “all session”, “session 2”, and “session 3” events not open for parents to buy seats like Ticketmaster said they would be. So now parents have to wait and compete in general public sale Wednesday in order to watch their kid wrestle on Saturday? This doesn’t seem like a difficult thing to get right, but then I remember we are dealing with the IHSAA 🙃

Very seldom do they get anything right. 

·       Pre-sale codes are only able to be used to purchase Session I (Friday) tickets.

·       Friday (Session I) and All Session tickets (Sessions I, II and III) will go on sale for the general public on Wednesday, February 14th at 10am CT.

·       Each wrestler that is advancing from Friday to Saturday will receive a voucher to physically purchase two (2) Session II and Session III tickets at the box office on Friday. This voucher will include a discounted price for the two sessions ($15 for both Sessions combined). 

This is part of a recent email distributed.  

7 minutes ago, infowrestling said:

·       Pre-sale codes are only able to be used to purchase Session I (Friday) tickets.

·       Friday (Session I) and All Session tickets (Sessions I, II and III) will go on sale for the general public on Wednesday, February 14th at 10am CT.

·       Each wrestler that is advancing from Friday to Saturday will receive a voucher to physically purchase two (2) Session II and Session III tickets at the box office on Friday. This voucher will include a discounted price for the two sessions ($15 for both Sessions combined). 

uhhhhhh..... if the seats are already sold on Wednesday to the general public for all session, session 2 and session 3, what seats are these magic vouchers going to be good for? 

9 minutes ago, infowrestling said:

Are they the same seats or are those available for purchase by someone else in the public sale for sessions 2 and 3?

So this means there are 2 options of how this will play out...

1. The general public can swoop in and buy these seats for sessions 2 and 3 on Wednesday 

2. Half of the parents (those that won on Friday) will be able to buy the same seats for sessions 2 and 3 on Saturday and the other half will not be able to. Those tickets will then go back for sale to the general public late Friday. The 2nd group of parents will then have to battle for those remaining tickets with stragglers who are buying session 2 and 3 tickets late Friday? 

Just let the parents who want to buy all sessions buy them now.

anyone know attendance for last years finals.  Ford Center has capacity of 11,000.  I would be curious to know how close to the attendance for '23 vs capacity.

Could we not have pushed a week to keep it at Gainbridge given the All Star game?  What a mess

6 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

So this means there are 2 options of how this will play out...

1. The general public can swoop in and buy these seats for sessions 2 and 3 on Wednesday 

2. Half of the parents (those that won on Friday) will be able to buy the same seats for sessions 2 and 3 on Saturday and the other half will not be able to. Those tickets will then go back for sale to the general public late Friday. The 2nd group of parents will then have to battle for those remaining tickets with stragglers who are buying session 2 and 3 tickets late Friday? 

Just let the parents who want to buy all sessions buy them now.

Essentially there is no good possible outcome for half the parents.  As if having a kid wrestle at state isn't stressful enough, losing parents will be double punished and might not have a spot in The Ford Center on Saturday to watch.  

6 minutes ago, lanntp01 said:

Essentially there is no good possible outcome for half the parents.  As if having a kid wrestle at state isn't stressful enough, losing parents will be double punished and might not have a spot in The Ford Center on Saturday to watch.  

Right

28 minutes ago, indygirl said:

anyone know attendance for last years finals.  Ford Center has capacity of 11,000.  I would be curious to know how close to the attendance for '23 vs capacity.

Could we not have pushed a week to keep it at Gainbridge given the All Star game?  What a mess

If only the IHSAA had your suggestion a year ago. Maybe they can make a change this week and get it fixed. 

23 minutes ago, lanntp01 said:

Pretty much we are pushed to go purchase all session passes Wednesday for our other kids and significant others if divorced and some for us just in case. Which then lowers the amount of attendance that can actually come as we will be on there fast purchasing those tickets. It was not thought through in the slightest.  It would have just been easier to let us purchase all session passes as we will be there so would stay and watch the whole weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

If only the IHSAA had your suggestion a year ago. Maybe they can make a change this week and get it fixed. 

lol I wasn't saying make a change now, it was more of "why didn't the powers that be think of this?"