Best Matches to Rewatch?

23 minutes ago, richyy253 said:

Just watched Beck vs Clark how on earth was 2 NF not awarded for beck at the end! 

I was hesitant, as I am biased, but yeah... I saw 4 points that should have gone Beck's way. Great match though. Hopefully we get round 2 in a week.

Edit:  I also saw a ref fall down.  Pretty funny.  2 minute mark @ 157 semifinal at FWSS between Clouse and Russell. 

Edited by Coplen187

12 hours ago, Birdie said:

Clark v Beck was gold.  I thought Beck had 2 in OT, maybe if we would have turned toward the head and thrown a cross face in they would have given it

I thought the same thing, that was an exciting scramble but it sure looked like he had 2. 

138: new castle finals Kyrell Leavel vs Gavin whitehead 

Watching the end of that match, if that isn’t a DQ in Indiana I am not sure what needs to be. 

*** before any one says you don’t want to see a kids career ended like that, judging by his actions I don’t believe he cared 

At New Castle ⬇️

113 Volz-Lian in the ticket (match of the day at NC)

132 Plahitko-Kuhn in the ticket (high scoring, end of match controversy)

132 Vandygriff-Volz in the ticket (Vandy gets over the hump after two regular season losses)

132 Thrine-Davis in the semis (last year’s 126 champ on the ropes)

138 Whitehead-Hornsby in the ticket (another great battle between these two)

138 Leonard-Jones in the ticket (end of match controversy, OT)

138 Leavell-Whitehead in the finals (post-match antics)

144 Arberry-Graham in the finals (OT)

150 Durham-Schott in first round (14-13 final)

157 Cashman-Kincaide in the finals (OT)

175 White-Harden in the semis 

190 Weaver-Penola in the finals (state finals preview potentially)

215 Woodall-Kendrex in the semis

2 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Watching the end of that match, if that isn’t a DQ in Indiana I am not sure what needs to be. 

*** before any one says you don’t want to see a kids career ended like that, judging by his actions I don’t believe he cared 

Couldn’t agree more. Complete disrespect and utterly disgusting to watch.

I can’t imagine the coaching staff at The Citadel will tolerate that kind of behavior for long.

29 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Was there any action taken? Team points or anything? That was truly disgraceful  

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

@ontherise219 First of all, you did a great job on the microphone!

I'm interested in your take/opinion on the 126 title match.  CP had the legs in and riding for a long time.  It appeared the bottom wrestler was frustrated not able to get away.  There was a point where the bottom wrestler was in a tripod and forcefully slammed forward tucking his head in and as a result slamming the top wrestlers face/head on to the mat.  After the second slam, the refs stopped the action.  It appeared to me intent to harm the top wrestler.  Not claiming to know all the rules, that is why I am asking your opinion.  

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

On the video,  I saw two unsportsmanlike calls against the WC wrestler and one against the NC wrestler post match and no shaking of hands/arm raise.

Faulkens was at that semi-state so would be curious if anything is done given how sportsmanship is a point of emphasis.  

5 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

I'm interested in your take/opinion on the 126 title match.  CP had the legs in and riding for a long time.  It appeared the bottom wrestler was frustrated not able to get away.  There was a point where the bottom wrestler was in a tripod and forcefully slammed forward tucking his head in and as a result slamming the top wrestlers face/head on to the mat.  After the second slam, the refs stopped the action.  It appeared to me intent to harm the top wrestler.  Not claiming to know all the rules, that is why I am asking your opinion.  

Thank you! It was pretty cool to be on the mic for a little while.

I am not sure if it is illegal I have gone back and watched it a couple times. I looked bad, I would be hard to say Maldonado knew Hawkins head was there it looked like he tried to roll under. It looked like he was trying to create a scramble. But it looks bad for sure, it created some heat at the end for sure. I don’t think Merrillville and CP will be exchanging Christmas cards again. 

2 hours ago, HawkinIndy said:

At New Castle ⬇️

Both of these matches were awesome! Def. kept you on the edge of your seat no matter which wrestler you were rooting for. Kincaide really impressed me, and I did not believe he was a freshman at first. Had to check to make sure I heard it right...I believe that kid has a very bright future in front of him.

Overall I thought there was a ton of great wrestling at NC yesterday.

2 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Agreed, maybe Mr Faulkens will watch then step in and make the proper ruling. The alternate may want to be ready. 

1 hour ago, TrueRegionFan said:

I don’t think that was illegal, I would be curious to an official’s interpretation though.  He didn’t tuck his head and roll(which I believe is illegal).  The bottom wrestler did not have the top wrestler’s arms/hands tied up either.

Only watching video with limited sound(which certainly doesn’t tell the whole story), minus the hand gesture, I see about the same behavior by the winning wrestler in both this match and the 138 finals at New Castle.  Unsportsmanlike, probably… flagrant misconduct and DQ, no, not in either case.

2 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

I don’t think that was illegal, I would be curious to an official’s interpretation though.  He didn’t tuck his head and roll(which I believe is illegal).  The bottom wrestler did not have the top wrestler’s arms/hands tied up either.

Only watching video with limited sound(which certainly doesn’t tell the whole story), minus the hand gesture, I see about the same behavior by the winning wrestler in both this match and the 138 finals at New Castle.  Unsportsmanlike, probably… flagrant misconduct and DQ, no, not in either case.

Concerning the end of the 126 match and the behavior displayed....The losing wrestler after he got pinned, he called the winning wrestler a little beeyotch,  This prompted the behavior.  Unfortunately it wasn't just contained to the two teenage wrestlers in the heat of the moment, the Merrillville coach showed his lack of maturity and tried to join the party.  As @ontherise219mentioned, these two teams won't be sending Xmas cards to each other.  During the dual meet earlier in the year it got pretty chippy too.  

47 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

The issue at hand was the blatant disrespect for the sport and the opponent, plus calling the NC athlete racial names is over the top. Then making gestures with his hands to the crowd(unsure of what they actually were) and don’t want to speculate. It’s bad for our sport and shouldn’t be tolerated at all, from spectators, his coaches and the IHSAA. In my opinion It was beyond unsportsmanlike and could have easily escalated in to a very ugly scene by spectators, teams and coaches. This conduct must not be tolerated and stopped, immediately!

5 hours ago, HawkinIndy said:

At New Castle ⬇️

113 Volz-Lian in the ticket (match of the day at NC)

132 Plahitko-Kuhn in the ticket (high scoring, end of match controversy)

132 Vandygriff-Volz in the ticket (Vandy gets over the hump after two regular season losses)

138 Whitehead-Hornsby in the ticket (another great battle between these two)

138 Leonard-Jones in the ticket (end of match controversy, OT)

138 Leavell-Whitehead in the finals (post-match antics)

144 Arberry-Graham in the finals (OT)

150 Durham-Schott in first round (14-13 final)

175 White-Harden in the semis 

190 Weaver-Penola in the finals (state finals preview potentially)

215 Woodall-Kendrex in the semis

Doss- Graham semis (should have went OT Doss take down end of 2nd.) but I’m clearly biased.

lots of action for little scoring. 

Fun match between friends