Bracket Changes

27 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

The semi state alternate rule needs to be changed. The guy who lost to the champ 1st rd of regionals who was probably a sectional 4 gets pulled back. We can do better 

Just use maligned's tie breaker criteria for team state scoring.

REGIONAL 5th & 6th criteria, in order:
1. Highest sectional placement
2. Higher sectional difficulty (Category level)
3. Highest season win percentage (minimum 10 matches)
4. Most season wins
5. Coin flip

Edited by bwoodjc89

24 minutes ago, julio said:

Should be the person beaten by the 4th place finisher.

Which makes no sense since that is probably the 4th placer from sectionals. It should go off the highest placer of the sectionals of the 1st placer that didn't qualify. Or... have wrestlebacks.

10 minutes ago, julio said:

My wrestler placed 4th and he beat a Sectional Runner Up, how does that not make sense?  Are you saying a Sectional champion will take 4th at Regionals?

Sorry, I didn't focus on what you actually wrote and read the whole thread. I assumed you were just saying how it is set up now.  

7 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

The semi state alternate rule needs to be changed. The guy who lost to the champ 1st rd of regionals who was probably a sectional 4 gets pulled back. We can do better 

Also not fair for a wrestler to prepare all week for one opponent and then find out Saturday morning they have someone different.

2 hours ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Looks like Rhonemus from Delta is out of the bracket at 144 in Fort Wayne. Tough being a senior, hope all is well. 

If that’s true Wolpert just got a gift from the gods. Have a very solid shot at making to the state floor. 

6 hours ago, Greg Ratliff said:

Also not fair for a wrestler to prepare all week for one opponent and then find out Saturday morning they have someone different.

In a similar line of thinking I’ve said for awhile when an alternate is needed the rest of the wrestlers from that group should get to choose if they want to move up or remain in their original spot.  One reason being what you pointed out above.  The other being that with the SS and state draws having an obvious affect on who you face sometimes moving up to fill the void would puts you in a worse position (sadly) than were you were oroginally placed.  

8 hours ago, richyy253 said:

If that’s true Wolpert just got a gift from the gods. Have a very solid shot at making to the state floor. 

Go look at the brackets it’s already changed. That quad is anyone’s to take,  I’ll ride with my guy Liscano. Great kid who’s put in the work (I’m sure that’s basically every kid at SS) but he’s also a senior that’s came alonggggggg way from when he started as an 8th grader I believe.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

4 minutes ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Go look at the brackets it’s already changed. That quad is anyone’s to take,  I’ll ride with my guy Liscano. Great kid who’s put in the work ( I’m sure that’s basically every kid at SS). 

I looked after your comment, I changed my Pickems to Liscano. I was just saying that Wolpert has a much better chance of making it now that he doesn’t see Doster in the go round. Dosters is my FW dark horse to win it all. 

39 minutes ago, richyy253 said:

I looked after your comment, I changed my Pickems to Liscano. I was just saying that Wolpert has a much better chance of making it now that he doesn’t see Doster in the go round. Dosters is my FW dark horse to win it all. 

wow didn’t even realize he had doster in the ticket before the change, you’re right big break for him.