Sectional Enrollment Discrepancy

34 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Just curious if there is any other sectional with a bigger enrollment discrepancy than the Crawfordsville Sectional? Zionsville has 2242 students and the next biggest school is Crawforsdville at 696. How the IHSAA placed them in that sectional is beyond me. 

Yeah…. no doubt…. they should add one or two more big schools to make them closer to the Indy area meat grinders 

37 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Just curious if there is any other sectional with a bigger enrollment discrepancy than the Crawfordsville Sectional? Zionsville has 2242 students and the next biggest school is Crawforsdville at 696. How the IHSAA placed them in that sectional is beyond me. 

This isn’t class wrestling.

38 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

I was inquiring if there were any other sectionals that had one 6A (football) school paired with all 1A & 2A schools which is the case in the Crawfordsville Sectional. 

Mooresville sectional has a variety of big and small schools. Center Grove being the biggest and Eminence being the smallest around 300 in the entire school district. 

Most of you are missing my point so I will clarify…

Does any other sectional have one 6A school and the rest are 1A or 2A? Below is a breakdown of the Crawfordsville Sectional schools by enrollment; 

1. Zionsville 2242

2. Crawfordsville 696

3. North Montgomery 549

4. Western Boone 511

5. South Vermillion 510

6. Southmont 487

7. Parke Heritage 368

8. Riverton Parke 311

9. Covington 294

10. Fountain Central 275

11. North Vermillion 213

Edited by AlaskanMountie

2 hours ago, InjuredReserve said:

Floyd Central and New Albany, both 5A, were moved to the Southridge Sectional because that sectional had all 3A and smaller schools.  The IHSAA wanted to make it more “balanced”.  At the Jeffersonville Sectional, Jeff is 6A and all the other schools are 3A and smaller.  

I’ve been wondering why Floyd Central goes to SR sectional.    This would make at least some sense.   

11 hours ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Does any other sectional have one 6A school and the rest are 1A or 2A? Below is a breakdown of the Crawfordsville Sectional schools by enrollment; 

1. Zionsville 2242

2. Crawfordsville 696

3. North Montgomery 549

4. Western Boone 511

5. South Vermillion 510

6. Southmont 487

7. Parke Heritage 368

8. Riverton Parke 311

9. Covington 294

10. Fountain Central 275

11. North Vermillion 213

Fair enough.  I think the confusing part was when you said, “How the IHSAA placed them in that sectional is beyond me.”

8 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Fair enough.  I think the confusing part was when you said, “How the IHSAA placed them in that sectional is beyond me.”

That was the confusing part to me too. Sounded more like a complain than a point. 

Not quite as big as Crawfordsville, but Jeffersonville has a large disparity as well.   Take out Silver Creek whose program is only about 5 years old, and the 2 sectionals are very similar.

Jeffersonville 2099

Silver Creek 913

Corydon Central 730

Charlestown 717

North Harrison 687

Crawford County 415

Clarksville 395

Providence 327

Henryville 299

Borden 214

Rock Creek Academy 176

New Washington 174

3 hours ago, InjuredReserve said:

Floyd Central and New Albany, both 5A, were moved to the Southridge Sectional because that sectional had all 3A and smaller schools.  The IHSAA wanted to make it more “balanced”.  At the Jeffersonville Sectional, Jeff is 6A and all the other schools are 3A and smaller.  

Source?

14 hours ago, AlaskanMountie said:

1. Zionsville 2242

2. Crawfordsville 696

3. North Montgomery 549

4. Western Boone 511

5. South Vermillion 510

6. Southmont 487

7. Parke Heritage 368

8. Riverton Parke 311

9. Covington 294

10. Fountain Central 275

11. North Vermillion 213

Just curious,is there a point to your point? It sounds like you’re trying to imply something. 

14 hours ago, AlaskanMountie said:

1. Zionsville 2242

2. Crawfordsville 696

3. North Montgomery 549

4. Western Boone 511

5. South Vermillion 510

6. Southmont 487

7. Parke Heritage 368

8. Riverton Parke 311

9. Covington 294

10. Fountain Central 275

11. North Vermillion 213

What about Floyd Central in the Southridge sectional?