Most Memorable Pinfalls in the Postseason

I have many favorites, but one of them is when our (New Castle) guy Jayson Madden faced off against Sunanguru Rusunaguko (sorry if I mispelled the name) in the 215 Semi-State Final in 1995.  Madden was a bit light and GoGo was a big man.  Anyway, the match started and early in the first period Jayson hits a great right handed sideheadlock.  Normally, that meant match over.  I felt like we had just wrapped up the Team Championship, but somehow GoGo came out of it.  I was momentarily amazed until just as they came back to their feet Jayson hit him with a left handed sideheadlock and it was match over.  Jayson pinned most everyone with a sideheadlock including Dan Pleak and several other notables.

When I was coaching at TC Howe, we had a wrestler Josh Kyner as a sophomore he qualified for NCSS during his first match he was verge of getting tech and came back and won with an assassin. Blood round we face Porter from BD, same scenario about to lose.......lateral dropped Porter to his back came with three of Porter. That's the loudest I've ever heard the crowd at New Castle!    

On 2/1/2024 at 5:21 PM, TeamGarcia said:

Biased …that suicide cradle Asa hit in the 2019 State Finals . Slick and set up perfect .

As soon as I saw your avatar I thought ablut Asa's pin. 

I always had trouble winding back down after a quick pin (adrenaline dump and the shakes always hit me) I can't imagine getting one in the state finals!

On 2/1/2024 at 6:21 PM, TeamGarcia said:

Biased …that suicide cradle Asa hit in the 2019 State Finals . Slick and set up perfect .

Literally, right after it happened, I said out loud during his celebration, “He just went Super Saiyan God.” That cradle was incredible.

Just now, hook and half said:

image.thumb.png.94bb5c6a292bb7632e8c7a38682133d3.png

The place went bonkers. 

After the handshakes, Joe ran of the mat.  Nick mat the mistake of being in his path, expecting to give little brother a bear hug.

Joe ran the hell over him and did not stop.  Nick, I hope you learned something...

Another one I always remember....  It was the early eighties at MSA.  A wrestler named Tommy Dooley from Mooresville was wrestling against a LaPorte wrestler in the final match.  We were sitting very near the LaPorte cheerleaders and just as the match was starting they began a chant....."Are you ready for Tommy Dooley cause he is ready for you!"  They had went through this a couple times and then maybe once more as the whistle blew.  Then "Are you ready for Tommy Dooley cause he........." which ended as the LasPorte kid hit a sideheadlock and pinned Toomy Dooley.