Best Indiana Native high school, college wrestlers in the last 50 years

Stew

Know this topic has been covered to some degree, but thoughts on the best native Indiana high school AND college careers that have already been completed, and also if  applicable international, world, freestyle  in the last 50 years...? Here's my thoughts for starters. All of these were at least minimum one-time college All Americans. Number 1 goes to  Mason Parris imho. after Parris  names that come to mind are Andrew Howe, Nick Lee, Reece Humphrey, Angel Escobedo, Leroy Vega,  Jack Effner, Kelvin Jackson, Brad Traviola, John Ginther, Jason and Alex Tsirtsis, Mark  Whitehead, Adam Chalfant. Many outstanding high schoolers including David Palmer, Lance Ellis aren't included because their college careers were cut short and or didn't make All American status. I'm sure I'm missing a few. 

Edited by Stew
Additional

• Stew changed the title to Best Indiana Native high school, college wrestlers in the last 50 years

I’d put Howe then Angel at number one and two if you do NCAA results only. Howe 2-1-3-2 Angel 3x big ten champ National champ and 4x AA, never placed lower than 5th at NCAA, world 5th. Micic was a world champ this year if we are including world level accomplishments 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cricket21 said:

Quick thought to me would be Micic, but my mind is a bit foggy from New Years celebration. 

#BringBackTheTights

Yes, Micic although from Sebia was a Hanover Central and Michigan AA and also World,  Howe and MIcic 2 studs from HC

Edited by Stew
ADD

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

Yes, Micic although from Sebia was a Hanover Central and Michigan AA and also World,  Howe and MIcic 2 studs from HC

Micic was born in US, Arizona if I recall before moving to Indiana. His family is originally from Serbia though which is why he has been able to represent that nation in international competition.  

4 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Gable Stevenson pretty solid Indiana born wrestler 

Very True, Portage.  never attended high school in Indiana

19 minutes ago, Stew said:

Very True, Portage.  never attended high school in Indiana

Brother Bobby attended Merrillville as a Freshman and Sophomore before moving with family to the Apple Valley district in  Minnesota 

Edited by MattM

• 3 months later...

If we're talking college success, shouldn't we include 4x national champ Lefever?  And wasn't Kayla Miracle a 4x college national champ (and 2x olympian)?

I'm not saying they are GOATs, but they have had more college success than any other Indiana high school natives.