CP Bulldogs football wins semi state

The Red dogs took care of business last night punching their ticket to state. 

The dogs football team has a lot wrestlers out there and a lot who are in the rankings.

Looks like we will be with out some hammers for a couple weeks but ita good we our varsity 2 is still a top 10 team in the state. We were looking forward to beating center grove for a title I guess that will have to wait until February 

8 hours ago, DawgPoundRed said:

The Red dogs took care of business last night punching their ticket to state. 

The dogs football team has a lot wrestlers out there and a lot who are in the rankings.

Looks like we will be with out some hammers for a couple weeks but ita good we our varsity 2 is still a top 10 team in the state. We were looking forward to beating center grove for a title I guess that will have to wait until February 

Got your hands full next week. BD beat Bburg, Cathedral, and the 3 time champs.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:02 PM, QuinnHarris said:

Is this CP first time in a football state title game?

https://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/logs/CrownPoint.htm#load

According to this they have not been past regional since at least 1994

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/region1/crown_point.htm

Correction, they had a regional title back in 1988 but looks like no trips to State.

Edited by hogleg

On 11/22/2023 at 12:23 AM, Fletch said:

It's great to see CP going to state in football and I only see that program continuing to get better, but comparing the 2 schedules/road to state (between CP and BD) it's tough to give the nod to CP on this one.

I agree. BD ran the gauntlet to get there

Having been around eastern Iowa on weekends this fall, i've gotten to know quite a few other Hawk freshman parents that are dialed into the football and wrestling scenes. I really like how Iowa does their state tournaments -- esp in football. They have class football (including 8 man) and only 16 teams make the tournament based upon RPI which then dictates seeding. Needless to say, the 6A 1st round debacle of BD vs. Brownsburg wouldn't have happened in that type of format. 

It's also been real interesting to hear their comments on single class wrestling and how brutal of a tournament that is. I've showed them pictures of the finals and how great a show it is (which they agreed was pretty nice.)

Good luck to the Clark brothers as they have shot at being double state champs - pretty tough to do in 6A football and in a single class wrestling state series...

54 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

Why would you want that overpriced school in the Southside warzone to take 2 losses to Cp in a calendar year 

I like your confidence. I think wrestling  will be a battle but on the football field don’t think it’s within 2 touchdowns IMO. But unfortunately we won’t find out but 1-12-24 you will 

On 11/21/2023 at 11:32 AM, DawgPoundRed said:

And we are bringing the whole town! Indy be prepared for a large group of people who like to have fun and win championships 

Yall have a nice quiet drive home now. Be safe on the roads. 

Brownsburg, Center Grove, and Cathedral all played them significantly closer. 

On 11/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, DawgPoundRed said:

CP by 3....

Or did you mean they would only score 3? 

Hey @DawgPoundRed I like your conference, truly. But now you gotta take your lumps and all the light-hearted jokes.  

Ps. Mt. C by 6 this year on 1-12-24

18 hours ago, formercollegekid said:

Yall have a nice quiet drive home now. Be safe on the roads. 

Brownsburg, Center Grove, and Cathedral all played them significantly closer. 

Or did you mean they would only score 3? 

Hey @DawgPoundRed I like your conference, truly. But now you gotta take your lumps and all the light-hearted jokes.  

Ps. Mt. C by 6 this year on 1-12-24

I’d love a to see the predictions and weights on your MC by 6?  

3 minutes ago, MScholar said:

Never made any…….. he threw out MC by 6.    Let’s see the weight by weight break down.    Toss it out there…. Back it up?  

I’m not sure anyone unless close to either team knows the line ups completely. I think it will be close and bonus points will play a big part. I haven’t made a prediction either nor have I asked someone to back up their prediction or explain match by match breakdown. I do know on 1-12-24 we will have an answer and hope both teams are healthy and at full strength . 

2 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

I’m not sure anyone unless close to either team knows the line ups completely. I think it will be close and bonus points will play a big part. I haven’t made a prediction either nor have I asked someone to back up their prediction or explain match by match breakdown. I do know on 1-12-24 we will have an answer and hope both teams are healthy and at full strength . 

I can agree there.   It will be an absolute battle.    I just think it’s interesting if someone throws out a prediction.    Let’s the what they are thinking……..   in my opinion it’s too early to start calling out weights and wins.   🤷🏻‍♂️