You make the call: Is this flagrant misconduct?

How would a state or "governing body" handle this? Pretty cheap to get your rear end handed to you then take a shot like that. I could ALMOST understand if the other guy was a dirty wrestler but no foul play in this match.

21 minutes ago, bbell said:

First thing that popped into my head was...how would I have reacted as a Dad in that scenario (either side)? Curious what you all think?

Tough call. As the parent of the kid that threw the punch the punishment he is going to get from the wrestling community and now the law enforcement I would imagine will take care of the discipline side of things. You will have plenty of opportunity to use this as a learning experience. In the moment I would have left the tournament with my son and had a very long ride home. One of the main goals of the sport is to teach them how to become a monster and then control it. This kid obviously doesn't have the control part down. For me things that happen in heat of the moment are different than things that were on purpose and reoccurring. But... if this kid is a repeat offender that is a different story.  

If I was the parent of the kid that got punched that would have been hard not to lose my #&*@^ when it happened. In the end though if my kid wasn't actually injured and the other kid apologized I would not hold any grudges. Unless... he continues to do these things.

They are kids and they do stupid kid stuff and this kid had a very very bad moment that will haunt him for a very long time. 

Side note I have been punched in the face more times than I can remember. So... to me it isn't the end of the world.

9 hours ago, Legridn said:

Obviously the dad of the kid who got punched , should have waited outside , and then beat up the other dad or gave it a shot .   The only other option would be after the tournament ,  a father/son tag team fight should take place .  

LMAO!

On 4/21/2023 at 1:10 PM, bbell said:

First thing that popped into my head was...how would I have reacted as a Dad in that scenario (either side)? Curious what you all think?

I'd take him to the Pal Club and have a smaller skilled kid light his ass up with liver shots and teach him tranquility via soul snatching.