BIG tournament

Also known as the mini NCAA championship. It’s in AnnArbor , Chrysler arena this year. March 4th and 5th.  If you can’t attend the NCAA championships this is a good substitute to attend. It’s Always a great prelude to the ncaa final show. Lots of Indiana talent will be on display. I’m sure they’ll have the whole thing broadcasted live,if you can’t attend. 

If you guys haven't been to the Crisler Center before it is a pretty solid venue, visited there last year when Penn State came to town. With mostly good views wherever you sit, I got stuck up in 226 this year but I got the 3rd or 4th row so should be some decent seats. If you guys need any food recommendations let me know!

6 hours ago, bigballerb said:

If you guys haven't been to the Crisler Center before it is a pretty solid venue, visited there last year when Penn State came to town. With mostly good views wherever you sit, I got stuck up in 226 this year but I got the 3rd or 4th row so should be some decent seats. If you guys need any food recommendations let me know!

I’m all about food, son and I are always looking  for local haunts not big on the chain scene,that have quality food. seafood, good steaks. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I’m all about food, son and I are always looking  for local haunts not big on the chain scene,that have quality food. seafood, good steaks. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

If I could, wouldn’t mind a good happy hour place for Friday. We will land early. 

I’ve heard Knights Steakhouse is a great place for a steak, they also got seafood on their menu as well, I’ve never tried it but heard great things. For lunch one day , you’ll have to try Zingermans deli. Huge menu and even bigger sandwiches, it was on the travel channels show called food paradise. Chapala’s  is a great Mexican restaurant and their bar seats are swings hanging from the ceiling, I thought that was cool. Hopcat is a good place for some brews, they have over 100 on tap and that’s where I’ll probably be on Friday lol. They have some other great places I’ve heard of that I’m looking forward to trying this weekend, don’t think you can really go wrong as long as you do a little investigating. I will say, places are pretty expensive up there. Enjoy your weekend with your son, should be a blast! 

Edited by bigballerb

Nice win for G. Rooks over Gomez! I believe this was his first match back from injury and he didn't seem like the normal Gomez to me. Then he gets a slam call vs Miller (MD) and subsequent DQ in the consos and is out. Miller MF next match. Maybe Gomez will get an at large bid, otherwise he's done.

I am no bracketologist that is for sure…but can someone explain to me why the 3 and 4 seeds meet in the conso semi’s and aren’t cross bracketed?? Seems like if both lose in upper half, then wrestle-back they should meet in the 3/4 place match- not before?? 

In my simple mind- the 3 should get the 5 in conso semis, and 4 should see the 6?? 

2 hours ago, jets said:

I am no bracketologist that is for sure…but can someone explain to me why the 3 and 4 seeds meet in the conso semi’s and aren’t cross bracketed?? Seems like if both lose in upper half, then wrestle-back they should meet in the 3/4 place match- not before?? 

In my simple mind- the 3 should get the 5 in conso semis, and 4 should see the 6?? 

Did one of them lose way earlier on the Championship side than the other? That would factor into how things dropped down to the consols. I believe 3/5 and 4/6 would normally meet in consols semis but that’s if everything prior to that played out as the seeds say.  But that doesn’t always occur. You may need to give a specific example to determine what the situation is.  

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Did one of them lose way earlier on the Championship side than the other? That would factor into how things dropped down to the consols. I believe 3/5 and 4/6 would normally meet in consols semis but that’s if everything prior to that played out as the seeds say.  But that doesn’t always occur. You may need to give a specific example to determine what the situation is.  

Yes the 3 seed was beat in the quarters and not the semis in both instances I was looking at…but still doesn’t seem right to me?? 

Again- I’m not bracket expert- but seems odd to me

18 hours ago, RAJR said:

Nice win for G. Rooks over Gomez! I believe this was his first match back from injury and he didn't seem like the normal Gomez to me. Then he gets a slam call vs Miller (MD) and subsequent DQ in the consos and is out. Miller MF next match. Maybe Gomez will get an at large bid, otherwise he's done.

Gomez hit him with a double leg Death Valley Driver from pro wrestling.  Miller might not come back this year from that.  Pathetic to see Bono crying about the call.  Won't say Gomez intended to drill him, but it was a drill nonetheless.

Looking forward to Parris vs. Kerkvliet again. 

Key to the match: Watch Mason's left arm in neutral position.  Kerk has had success against Parris previously by grabbing and controlling his left wrist.  When the left wrist is controlled, Mason's offense is severely limited and allows Kerk to get to the legs easier.  

It has been a consistent key to their matches since Mason beat him his freshman year.  Mason could still win, but it'll be a much tougher task.