Team State & other Tournaments Upsets around the State results

9 hours ago, FC118 said:

Roncalli just pulled off the biggest choke job in program history!

🧱⬅️me

🌉
🧌⬅️you

5️⃣⬅️Roncalli 

Grow up, Peter Pan/Count Chocula.

If 8 over 1 upsets weren’t possible, we wouldn’t invite 8 teams. 

Congrats to Roncalli on a fifth place showing. I would have loved to have that, as they took it to us Brickies in the place match. 

12 hours ago, FC118 said:

Did we choke? Yea, we certainly could have been a lot better today, but I also think Terre Haute South was a heck of a lot better than an 8 seed and we were over seeded. We still didn’t wrestle up to our seed though. Look where they finished and look where we finished. Does seeding change brackets and where we finish, probably not with how we wrestled today. THS is tough and have a heck of a program. Their guys came to wrestle and beat us up first round, no doubt. 

We weren’t ready to wrestle and it showed, but that’s why this tournament is great for all these teams, it’s tough and shows many teams deserve the recognition of their hard work. You have an #8 seed knock off a #1 and a last minute voted in #4 Columbus East battle through and make it to the finals against a solid #2 Mishawaka. 

No excuses, we have to do better, if we want to win a team title.  Hats off to THS for knocking us off, Columbus East for showing they deserved to be there with the vote in with a runner up finish and to Mishawaka for taking home the title. 

The doors is open if you want to come help coach these guys up. I know I can always improve as a coach and could use some more knowledge. 

Edited by sslaymon
I have bad spelling and grammar.

13 hours ago, FC118 said:

THS as a whole is an underrated team. They might not have the fire power, but their floor was impressively high across the line-up today. Much tougher than an 8 seed… CE was a great vote-in, battling to the finals. A few good/bad breaks going the other way could have changed A LOT of things today; but that’s why we wrestle the matches. Roncalli is still a great team with great coaches who will only get better after today.