2022 Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling Invitational.

2022 Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling Invitational Pairings

@Calumet High School, Gary, Indiana

Saturday, December 10, 2022

1st ROUND PAIRINGS

Top Bracket                                                                                  

#1) Cathedral vs. Lake Station                                                    

#8) New Prairie vs. Whiteland                                                                                                      

#5) Mt. Vernon-Fortville vs. River Forest                                   

#4) Portage vs. South Bend Riley                                               

Bottom Bracket 

#3) Franklin vs. Calumet

#6) Fishers vs. Valparaiso

#7) Lowell vs. Southmont

#2) Mishawaka vs. Hanover Central

Factors taken into consideration in seedings/pairings are:

1)     The most recent IHSWCA & Indiana Mat Team Rankings.

2)     Early results from the 2022-23 season, thus far, as reported on Indiana Mat, Trackwrestling, or any other online media outlets.

3)     Fairly separating the best teams, so that each team has the best chance of seeking their own level in the placement rounds.

4)     Avoiding 1st round rematches from last year, with an effort to keep Conference, Sectional & Regional rivals apart for Round #1.

Care has been taken to avoid any Conference, Sectional or Regional match-ups in Round #1. If you would like to check weights/scales on Friday night, contact me at jwadkins@lakeridgeschools.net and I will do my best to accommodate you and your team. Good luck with your meets this week, we'll see you all for a great day of wrestling on the 10th.

Edited by Coach Wadkins

• Coach Wadkins changed the title to Late Opening!! 2022 Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling Invitational.
4 hours ago, GWCoach said:

I believe it was Hammond Central

You believe wrong. Check Coach’s post of the original draw above. Hammond Central was never entered. I believe they filled in last year but it looks like that was just for last year. 

15 hours ago, tangarrray said:

You believe wrong. Check Coach’s post of the original draw above. Hammond Central was never entered. I believe they filled in last year but it looks like that was just for last year. 

Whiteland’s AD is reaching out tonight is my understanding. If there is a email could some one please share that or a direct line. Thanks.

Edited by buttler73

This screw up is 100% mine.

I missed Westfield's communication last spring informing us that they were not returning this year.

However, I believe Whiteland is going to step up and solve my problem. I am currently working on revising the draw. When I get confirmation from their AD tomorrow, I will distribute the "new" draw.

Thanks to everyone for spreading the word.

• Coach Wadkins changed the title to 2022 Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling Invitational.
19 minutes ago, Misty Kendrex said:

How will the brackets work? 

If you win your first match You get winner of the other first round match up. 
Example 1 seed vs 8, 4-5, 3-6, 2-7

win that second one and wrestle 4 team round robin of Final Four. Lose second round and wrestle 4 team round robin of the teams who won round one but lost round two .