Mater Dei 6 way this weekend

md85

Not sure of the weight allowance but possibly 5# as it seems to be with a tourney involving Ky as in the past(correct me if wrong. 
But here’s a crack as listed

Name

school

grade

state ranks(unless noted SS)

120-

Blake Zirkelback(NP) Sr 4th Ev SS

Reed Egli(EMD) Sr 6th Ev SS

138- Ky #1 Bryant Beane(TR) Jr

Ky #3 Gavin Andreoni(WC)SR

145-Nolan Banfield(WC) JR rank 6th

Ashton Hayhurst(emd)Sr rank 6th

note:Hayhurst ranked at 152 but can he cut to 145 or stay 152 and cruise to victory

160-Hunter May(EMD) So. Rank 2nd

George Feree(Tr) JR.  Rank 4th

Andrew Kartner(WC) Sr Rank 9th

170-Brody Baumann(EMD) Sr. Rank 1st

Lane Kiser (TR) So Rank 2

note: Is Kizer gonna take that 5# to face In stud or is he a bit heavy and go 182 for a clearer path 

195-Gabe Sollars(EMD) Sr rank 1st

Jackson Geiler(WC) Sr rank 3rd

Wyatt Wilham(NP) Sr rank 5th

Note:Geiler giving up 5# being in at 190 but a big jump to go 220?

285-James Ralph(EMD) Sr rank 12th

Luke Hill(WC) Sr rank 4th 

not much coming in from Ill as it’s a small school(400 students) but props to them making the trip to put in The work. You’re only going to get better by competing Vs better competition. 

thought?

1 hour ago, SIwrestling said:

Kentucky is using the new weight classes this season. Their rosters will be all over the place trying to predict where the kids end up. 

It will be interesting when out of state teams are involved this year. Michigan has the OLD weights and Ohio and Kentucky are with the new 14 weights, while we are still with the "normal" weights.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, SWINfan said:

Any streaming for this event?  Last year it was on Track, but I didn't see it on a quick check yesterday.  

On YouTube. Here is the link: https://youtube.com/c/EvansvilleMaterDeiAthletics

If the link doesn’t work, it’s on Evansville Mater Dei Athletics YouTube channel, and the video is called “Mater Dei High vs NP Varsity Women’s Volleyball.”  

Any updates would be appreciated.  Looking at the video isn't helping a lot.  The scoreboard embedded on the Mat where MD is wrestling is for the other mat.  No names announced or screen graphics.  Have seen at least 2-3 MD wrestlers tossed onto their backs so I have no ide if that's JV or who is wrestling.  Can't zoom in far enough to recognize anyone yet.

4 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Any updates would be appreciated.  Looking at the video isn't helping a lot.  The scoreboard embedded on the Mat where MD is wrestling is for the other mat.  No names announced or screen graphics.  Have seen at least 2-3 MD wrestlers tossed onto their backs so I have no ide if that's JV or who is wrestling.  Can't zoom in far enough to recognize anyone yet.

I know JV was supposed to wrestle after each dual was finished. Could’ve been.

1 hour ago, WrestleMan said:

They did not. Egli wrestled 120 all day and looked great as did Zirkelbach at 126. I’m sure at some point they will face off to see who the world’s most dominate wrestler is

Thinking about going to Castle.  Generally, a lot of talent there.  Will it be dominate?

18 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Matt Herman went 3-0 and was the Wildcat Wrestler of the Week, per Twitter.  Scores were: 

Mater Dei 74 Ev. North 0
Mater Dei 51 Louisville Trinity 24
Mater Dei 54  North Posey 18

Have seen no other updates

I am surprised by Mater Dei and Trinity's score. Seems a bit closer than it should be. Trinity is ranked around 6 in Kentucky. Anyone have individual results?

26 minutes ago, navy80 said:

I am surprised by Mater Dei and Trinity's score. Seems a bit closer than it should be. Trinity is ranked around 6 in Kentucky. Anyone have individual results?

MD wrestled without Brody Baumann which certainly doesn't help and our football players had exactly one week from the state title game to the first meet. We also had a JV 160 wrestling 182 because of football players not having time to get down to weight or enough practices in to wrestle. I wouldn't put too much in that score. Give it a few weeks until the weights fall into place. 

47 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Wasn't there, but these are the results I was told.  Not sure if this is 100% accurate or not.

Started at 132

132 - Herrmann pin 6-0 MD

138 - Vanover loss 12-5 6-3 MD

145 - Schapker loss pin 6-9 Trinity

152 - May pin 12-9 MD

160 - Turner loss 8-2 12-12

170 - Pierre win 9-2 15-12 MD

182 - Messal loss pin 15-18 Trinity

195 - Sollars pin 21-18 MD

220 - Critchfield pin 27-18

285 - Ralph pin 33-18

106 - Schaefer pin 39-18

113 - Seng FF 45-18

120 - Egli pin 51-18

126 - Folz loss pin 51-24

If Baumann and Hayhurt wrestle, it changes the score significantly

Edited by ReformedPoster

41 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

MD wrestled without Brody Baumann which certainly doesn't help and our football players had exactly one week from the state title game to the first meet. We also had a JV 160 wrestling 182 because of football players not having time to get down to weight or enough practices in to wrestle. I wouldn't put too much in that score. Give it a few weeks until the weights fall into place. 

Trinity was only a week out from football also.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.