Toughest semi state based on rankings ?

Jayruss

10 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Per the NFHS data we have lost 2000 wrestlers in Indiana.

https://members.nfhs.org/participation_statistics

or if you want to see forfeit data also

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Knl68lI1LvTmzACIn5kK3Uq3KCHTLEATGFHE_TdciEU/edit?usp=sharing

What would you attribute the decline in participation in wrestling to? Obviously the decline in basketball was due to class basketball.

Decline in participation has been driven (in my opinion) to more athletes focusing on a single sport, and offseason workouts for that sport.  Also I think there are more non-sport activities and clubs available to students now.  And, the wildcard - those dang video game consoles.  Kids live on them many evenings and it has definitely been a motivator for not accepting the time involvement associated with school sports.

Just now, base said:

Decline in participation has been driven (in my opinion) to more athletes focusing on a single sport, and offseason workouts for that sport.  Also I think there are more non-sport activities and clubs available to students now.  And, the wildcard - those dang video game consoles.  Kids live on them many evenings and it has definitely been a motivator for not accepting the time involvement associated with school sports.

So does that only affect wrestling since we determined that basketball was because of class basketball?

15 minutes ago, Galagore said:

Basketball has been on decline on the national level as well. Wrestling has been increasing nationally, but not in Indiana. There are significantly more states that have class wrestling than do not, so if class wrestling were going to cause a decrease or stagnation in participation, why would wrestling numbers be increasing nationally?

God da&^ it!!! F me...don't do it, Jimmy....

Why is basketball declining if every state has it classed?? Numbers should be thru the ROOF!!!! Class solved participation decline, not promote it? 

Can't we do this in April?? I'm not doing this again...this time I mean it. UGH!! For the record..I support Class Wrestling if it stops thread hijacks and 10 pages of Galagore speaking in cirles. 

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE THREAD???? My pet freakinn' peeve...

to stay on topic...ECSS is the toughest SS based on rankings..or not..believe what you wanna believe. 

Edited by UncleJimmy

10 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Why is basketball declining if every state has it classed?? Numbers should be thru the ROOF!!!! Class solved participation decline, not promote it? 

Can't we do this in April?? I'm not doing this again...this time I mean it. UGH!! For the record..I support Class Wrestling if it stops thread hijacks and 10 pages of Galagore speaking in cirles. 

to stay on topic...ECSS is the toughest SS based on rankings..or not..believe what you wanna believe. 

200.gif

Got ya!

11 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Indiana and the USA are both declining in basketball participation, so methinks basketball is simply becoming less interesting.

Indiana is decreasing in wrestling participation while the USA is increasing in wrestling participation, thus using basketball as an analogous argument against class wrestling does not convince me.

8 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Now .... I’m not going to use a meme . Control yourself Chris . 

Picture me tip toeing over to @Y2CJ41 , tap him on the shoulder . Hey buddy ol’pal, nice shirt . Thumbs up . I say why don’t you pin a Class Wrestling thread to talk about all the class wrestling you class wrestling lovers want to up there. #amirite 

Joe will reply .... That right there is thee most intelligent, inspiring, other than #TheCounty and other ™️®️©️ You EVER made, typed, said to me . 
Thanks Joe appreciate that buddy . 

5 minutes ago, Galagore said:

Indiana and the USA are both declining in basketball participation, so methinks basketball is simply becoming less interesting.

Indiana is decreasing in wrestling participation while the USA is increasing in wrestling participation, thus using basketball as an analogous argument against class wrestling does not convince me.

Here's the solution..and neither of you can deny...have the IHSAA sanction girls wrestling...viola, instant numbers increase..the HHhuggest...and then no more need to have the class thread hijacks as the problem is solved. 

I am now throwing this computer in the snow pile. Thanks. More posts than I've had in a year.....STOP!

Just now, UncleJimmy said:

Here's the solution..and neither of you can deny...have the IHSAA sanction girls wrestling...viola, instant numbers increase..the HHhuggest...and then no more need to have the class thread hijacks as the problem is solved. 

I am now throwing this computer in the snow pile. Thanks. More posts than I've had in a year.....STOP!

Why do we need a separate class for the girls? Shouldn't they just compete with the boys? Otherwise, how will we truly know who the best wrestler is?

This post is 93% in jest. I am all for sanctioning girls wrestling.

6 minutes ago, Galagore said:

Why do we need a separate class for the girls? Shouldn't they just compete with the boys? Otherwise, how will we truly know who the best wrestler is?

This post is 93% in jest. I am all for sanctioning girls wrestling.

Well..and not to get political cuz that's all this thread needs..but in some states the 'girls' do wrestle with the 'boys' and vice versa and it's hard to determine which is which..#amirite?

Geezus..between this thread and the Generaeal and Y2666AB trying to figure out who each other is I wanna go dive in the snow bank and freeze myself to death! Not how I intended to spend my off afternoon. 

Edited by UncleJimmy

2 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Well..and not to get political cuz that's all this thread needs..but in some states the 'girls' do wrestle with the 'boys' and it's hard to determine which is which..#amirite?

Geezus..between this thread and the Generaeal and Y2666AB trying to figure out who each other is I wanna go dive in the snow bank and freeze myself to death! Not how I intended to spend my off afternoon. 

Oh, come on...if you weren't having at least a little fun, you'd have stopped replying hours ago.

16 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Picture me tip toeing over to @Y2CJ41 , tap him on the shoulder . Hey buddy ol’pal, nice shirt . Thumbs up . I say why don’t you pin a Class Wrestling thread to talk about all the class wrestling you class wrestling lovers want to up there. #amirite 

Joe will reply .... That right there is thee most intelligent, inspiring, other than #TheCounty and other ™️®️©️ You EVER made, typed, said to me . 

salt bae ban GIF

7 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Well..and not to get political cuz that's all this thread needs..but in some states the 'girls' do wrestle with the 'boys' and vice versa and it's hard to determine which is which..#amirite?

You could be filling out pick'ems brackets.

6 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

salt bae ban GIF

23 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Damn It GIF by memecandy
I was only trying to help ol’buddy ol’pal . I’m sure you class wrestling loving fans would get 10+ page of class wrestling juicy news and stats, polls other talk . Just a idea . 

The state of Iowa has had and still has class individual state Championships.  I wouldn't say that it has hurt participation or excitement of the finals.  They continue to put out quality wrestlers. I have not done the numbers but I would say the they must have one of the highest per capita output of quality wrestlers. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.