Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BigBruda

Griffith Sectional

Recommended Posts

Sectionals is only a few weeks away, Let’s talk Griffith Sectional.

*Teams

*Matchups

*Front Runners and Dark Horses

*Venue 

 

106

Jacob Moran (Portage) #1

Jordan Steele (Calumet)

Adam Ackerman (Highland)

James Corgan (Hobart)

 

113

Ricky Hegedus (Portage)

Andres Russi (Lake Station)

Thomas Perez (Griffith)

Mateo Garcia (Highland)

 

120

Tylor Triana (Hobart) #2

Brock Peele (Portage) #5

Pablo Russi (Lake Station)

Trevor Corle (Calumet)

 

126

Colin Poynter (Portage) #5

Nathan Schammert (Hobart)

Dylan LeNeave (Highland)

Jared Stiles (Lake Station)

 

132

Alec Luna (Portage)

Quentin Gomez (Hobart)

Raul Mendoza (Highland)

Javier Bulga (River Forest)

 

138

Kris Rumph (Portage) #3

Hayden Homoky (Hobart)

Zack Yost (River Forest)

Jake Hirchak (Highland)



 

145

Kasper Mcintosh (Portage) #1

Tyler Turley (Hobart)

Cole Cervantes (Griffith)

Robert Stanley (Andrean)

 

152

DJ Washington (Portage) #2

Mike Hunter (Hobart)

Zane Yost (River Forest)

Alex Lopez (Highland)

 

160

Dante Colza V (Hobart) #8

Cody Snook (Calumet)

Zach Nugent (Portage)

Lee Covarubias (Highland)

 

170

Zack Fattore (Hobart) #2

Drake Guerrero (Portage)

Aaron Stewart (Lake Station)

Marvin Pyle (Calumet)

 

182

Jeremy Torres (Portage)

Bradley Groover (River Forest)

Luke Nicksic (Andrean)

Jacob Vode (Hobart)

Brian Barajas (Highland)

 

195

AJ Fowler (Calumet) #5

Jacob Bondon / Anthony Maceo (Portage) #8

Tyler Hunter (Hobart)

Justin Bogner (Highland)

 

220

Chester Swoopes (Portage) #14

Sam Perez (Highland)

James Lewis (Calumet)

Duncan Houpt (Andrean)

 

285

Keiloun Martin (Calumet)

Ryan Pisarski (Hobart)

Ricky Beehn (Portage)

Justin Davis (Highland)




 

Teams

Portage

Hobart

Calumet

Highland





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the marquee final match-ups?

Triana vs Peele 120

Mcintosh vs Turley 145

Nugent/Washington? vs Colza/Hunter 152/160

Groover vs Torres 182

 

Edited by BigBruda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigBruda said:

What are the marquee final match-ups?

Triana vs Peele 120

Mcintosh vs Turley 145

Nugent/Washington? vs Colza/Hunter 152/160

Groover vs Torres 182

 

For sure triana/peele

Dont count out cervantes at 145 getting to final but nobody will touch Kasper

Fowler vs. Bondon should be a good one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indianmorg said:

For sure triana/peele

Dont count out cervantes at 145 getting to final but nobody will touch Kasper

Fowler vs. Bondon should be a good one

Can't count out Cervantes and Bondon has looked incredible thus far, curious to see how he matches up with Fowler.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maceo focused on football now, injuries got him.  Great that he gives Bondon praise.  Two great kids, best wishes to both going forward.  http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/columnists/jim-peters/jim-peters-portage-s-maceo-awaits-his-storybook-ending/article_b978920e-0ee0-5ba3-a2e4-04305c602cf3.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Champion Predictions

106 Moran (PORT)

113 Hegedus (PORT)

 

120 Triana (HOB)

126 Poynter (PORT)

132 Luna (PORT)

 

138 Rumph (PORT)

145 Mcintosh (PORT)

152 Washington (PORT)

160 Colza (HOB)

170 Fattore (HOB)

182 Groover (RIVF)

195 Fowler (CALU)

220 Swoopes (PORT)

285 Martin (CALU)

 

Portage- 8 Champs

Hobart- 3 Champs

Calumet- 2 Champs

River Forest- 1 Champ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BigBruda said:

Champion Predictions

106 Moran (PORT)

113 Hegedus (PORT)

 

120 Triana (HOB)

126 Poynter (PORT)

132 Luna (PORT)

 

138 Rumph (PORT)

145 Mcintosh (PORT)

152 Washington (PORT)

160 Colza (HOB)

170 Fattore (HOB)

182 Groover (RIVF)

195 Fowler (CALU)

220 Swoopes (PORT)

285 Martin (CALU)

 

Portage- 8 Champs

Hobart- 3 Champs

Calumet- 2 Champs

River Forest- 1 Champ

132 could be different as well as 220 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Its official, Griffith is running 2 mats for this sectional. The gym is very small and is going to be jammed packed. Many of the coaches were not happy with the location last night at the seeding meeting. I am pretty sure that it will be the last of the sectionals to complete. Will Griffith host next year? If no where will it go? Will Hobart get both the Sectional and the Regional? I am betting that there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers at this sectional on Saturday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Well Its official, Griffith is running 2 mats for this sectional. The gym is very small and is going to be jammed packed. Many of the coaches were not happy with the location last night at the seeding meeting. I am pretty sure that it will be the last of the sectionals to complete. Will Griffith host next year? If no where will it go? Will Hobart get both the Sectional and the Regional? I am betting that there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers at this sectional on Saturday.

 

Unacceptable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Well Its official, Griffith is running 2 mats for this sectional. The gym is very small and is going to be jammed packed. Many of the coaches were not happy with the location last night at the seeding meeting. I am pretty sure that it will be the last of the sectionals to complete. Will Griffith host next year? If no where will it go? Will Hobart get both the Sectional and the Regional? I am betting that there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers at this sectional on Saturday.

 

Question for Regionals...will it be three mats ran across or pyramid with one set of bleachers up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be 3 across with both sides of bleachers out, previously held tournaments/super duals have been.

Brickfor6 should be able to confirm. 

Edited by Bigd1459
Add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with Hobart's AD over the weekend, and he said it would be 3 mats across with both sets of bleachers pulled out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming there are no additional forfeits, there are a total of 157 matches...86 championship matches and 71 consolation matches.  78.5 matches per mat.  I'm gonna say it's over at 5:30pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.