Bad idea to toughen up soccer players by putting in wrestling room

This reminds me of the stupidest wrestling quote I heard this year....

Lady's son is getting dominated on the mat...she screams, "Why do you have to be so aggressive?  This isn't football!"  If you cannot handle what happens on the mat, stay off the mat.  Simple as that...guess that's why this guy played soccer. 

I know of a certain 4 year soccer player who went on to play soccer in college, but here's the twist, he was an undefeated state champ his senior year at 132 pounds in a sudden death match and held a career record of 150+ and only 12 losses coming out of Evansville semi state.

Anyone know who I am talking about??? ;)

I wrestled and played soccer for a few years in hs. All I can say is that I'm slightly embarrassed because of this. Man up! I threw one of our seniors my freshman year, and wasn't afraid to hit someone in soccer... As a 90 lb kid. I knew I should have just ran cc from the start.

The coach should be fired. There was no reason to bring the players into the room in the first place. He basically took them up there to be thrown around and humiliated as a team bonding exercise. And you want to sit hear and ridicule soccer players calling them sissies and stuff. I have seen many soccer players that are tough as nails and don't need pads/helmets to take a hit in mid air. I've seen heads bounce off goal posts, cleats to the face, kicks to the head, and many other incidents in soccer. No matter what sport, you are still going to have your high maintanence, high class, rich kid. Doesn't mean they aren't tough.

I know of a certain 4 year soccer player who went on to play soccer in college, but here's the twist, he was an undefeated state champ his senior year at 132 pounds in a sudden death match and held a career record of 150+ and only 12 losses coming out of Evansville semi state.

Anyone know who I am talking about??? ;)

John Effner, Terre Haute South? Or Sammy Lamb, Bosse?

The coach should be fired. There was no reason to bring the players into the room in the first place. He basically took them up there to be thrown around and humiliated as a team bonding exercise. And you want to sit hear and ridicule soccer players calling them sissies and stuff. I have seen many soccer players that are tough as nails and don't need pads/helmets to take a hit in mid air. I've seen heads bounce off goal posts, cleats to the face, kicks to the head, and many other incidents in soccer. No matter what sport, you are still going to have your high maintanence, high class, rich kid. Doesn't mean they aren't tough.

Really not trying to stirr the pot but a hit in mid air is far less powerfull than having both your feet on the ground generating as much power as possable. I played football all the way till senior year I was wrestling 119 that year and didn't think I'd crack varsity on the grid iron. I chose CC ran my tial off and was in the best wresling shape I'd ever been in. I love football but I'll be the first to tell you it's not for everyone. I have seen some tough SOB's out on a football field though.

Most of you have never seen a hs soccer match let alone played in an actual game. My son, a 3x state qualifier, was recruited by the soccer coach his junior year, made the starting line up weighing 125, was a team captain his senior year on a squad that went 16-3, had his collar bone snapped in the jamboree and you wanna say soccer is as soft as basketball. BS is what I say! I also saw a goalie lose one of his front teeth and stay in the game. Soft? I think not, our style was very physical because we lacked great soccer skills. That coach is an idiot, I will agree, but you that have never played soccer should withhold your judgement on whether soccer players are soft or not!

yea I remember when you used to go to practice just to go 6 minutes with him every Tuesday.......lmao just kidding but mabey that's where it all started....on the soccer field

LMAO thats not right. No but seriously he road his bike to school every day with all his books in his back pack along with the non stop of Soccer helped him for sure, now I really for Dre when Mike stuck him with what the Warriors called the Black hole thats the named they gave the move. to look back now WOW

It was Caleb Schmitt of Castle High School. At 135 pounds, and that was the best state finals match I have ever seen. There was a Jason T-Shirts standing ovation because it was in the 7th period and nobody knew who would win. Such a great match. Also, the back flip after wrestling 7 periods was awesome. Inspired the 2 timer Steven Sandefur's break dance after he won senior year (Caleb defeated him in the Semi's)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.