Class wrestling in FL

base

mine did...richmond high school 1992, my senior year. WOOHOO!!!

My point exactly and you guy's probably had that extra gratification that you fared better than the larger schools. I always cheer on the under dog and really to have it split up like this theres no true underdog, or one true champ. Yes you can be one of many champs. Next will be classing Ind. state. Who's all for classing Ind. state? Same thing NOT me!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y2 - I really like those pairings you listed, but I only see two classes. Are we proposing a two class system or 3?

I have always stated only two classes for individual state. That would be about 155 teams per class. If we have three classes it would be about 105 per class and we would lose a lot of quality.

I am sure you could find it on their state site. They also recently went from 2 to 3 classes and it has yet to harm wrestling in their state.

It hasn't harmed it, but has it made it better? Like I said instead of being THE state champ you are ONE of the state champs. Next we will be hearing people whine around about classing Ind. state, why try and fix somethings that not broken? ISWA might like it that would show the TRUE state champ if it's classed that's if the coaches would push wrestling ISWA. That's a big reason Penn. PM Franklin are so good and can fill there line ups they push you to get that extra mat time. How many of these smaller school coaches push there wrestlers to wrestle ISWA, National tour. ect.

Richmond wasnt and isnt a small school.

its small to me. been around to much bigger schools. born and raised in richmond and always had the small home town feel to me and seems like we went to a lot of other schools that were much larger

as of last year, there were 66 high schools in the state that are larger than richmond high school...103 that are larger than plymouth...thats what im saying

66 schools larger than Richmond

then Richmond

Then 345 schools smaller than Richmond

Sorry man, you just proved Richmond is a large school.

66 schools larger than Richmond

then Richmond

Then 345 schools smaller than Richmond

Sorry man, you just proved Richmond is a large school.

sorry man, your looking at all the private as well. we went to compete with schools around indy and aother area that were much larger, several even 2x our size.

Richmond in 92 had nearly 2000 students and was probably in the top 30 enrollments in the state. Your gym holds 8000.

So like I said, many schools larger than Richmond. Nothing I didn't already know. I knew when we went to other schools that they were bigger and now I know, because that's a lot if schools bigger than small town richmond high school. Still wondering why joe would say someone didn't know what they were talking about. Must have been referring to others I'm sure.

So like I said, many schools larger than Richmond. Nothing I didn't already know. I knew when we went to other schools that they were bigger and now I know, because that's a lot if schools bigger than small town richmond high school. Still wondering why joe would say someone didn't know what they were talking about. Must have been referring to others I'm sure.

Even today there are only 30 schools with more than 2000 students. Back in 1992 it was even less.

Even today there are only 30 schools with more than 2000 students. Back in 1992 it was even less.

RHS basketball 1992. Another "Hoosiers" movie in the making. Small town school wins state. Haha. Suck it. Jealousy sucks huh. It's ok. U guys can have other years but I got my senior year. :)

Since the post backing me are being removed and only the ones against me are staying I will remove my own post from here and hope that I get no more notifications because I won't debate censorship or with arrogance. Goodnight

I doubt you will ever hear a kid in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, etc ever say that since they had class wrestling they didn't work hard. The kids that want to be the best will work hard whether there is one class or 12. I wrestled in Ohio for five years and never heard a kid say, "boy I was such a slacker in high school because we had classes." Do you think football or basketball teams work less hard since they have classes?

Joe I lived in Ohio 5 years and my older son wrested high school there, and I worked with a lot of the kids.  Of course none of the kids said they were a slacker for anything.  I dont remember people talking about class wrestling as they're comfortable with their system.    Most of them would argue till blue in their face that they have the best wrestling state and the best wrestling system.    They had a lot of tangible evidence  to back it up, but I might  give PA the #1.  I guess the point is, its fair to say Ohio is a step ahead of Indiana, and they have class wrestling.  Maybe there is no cause and affect as to why they're doing so well and that they have class wrestling.  But its not hurting their wrestling product either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.