No Locks This Year

mathewsz7

For the past several years, it seems that there are always a few weight classes that would have a wrestler that most feel was a "LOCK" to win it all. This year I personally feel that there are 0 "LOCKS". If I had to pick 1 or 2 then I guess I would say 126 & 220, but I honestly don't feel they are "LOCKS". I do however feel that those 2 weights are the closest to "LOCKS" there is, with 220 being my 1st pick. With the more than likely rematch from last year, I would have to go with the returning champ. At 126, its real hard to bet against the possible 3xer, but the freshman sensation I feel has a shot. I'm not saying its a huge shot or a small shot, but he does have a shot. So what are everyone else's thoughts on this. If you feel there are some "LOCKS", let's hear them...

if you're gonna add sinko #6 then should glogouski, miller, and knapp be considered for possible upsets against Red

Glogouski, Miller, and Knapp should all be up there, but I think Sinko is better than his #6 ranking. Aside from his Saturday performance at state last year, he has been on fire the past 2 years.

Remember, at this point last year, there were a lot of people who were saying that Sinko would win 106 over Red. I think he has a shot.

I would consider all those picks against Red to be upsets, but Bailey Lahue in my mind would not be an upset. I would go so far as to say Bailey should be the favorite @ 120 this year, & he is for sure my pick to win it all this year & next. In my mind one stubborn mistake cost him a state title last year. Again, really I mean not to offend anyone, its just the way I see it.

I don't see any "locks" this year clearly no Andrew Howe or Tsirtsis yet but the state has a LOT of young talent and it is exciting.

My weight class to watch is 145 with Lecount, Forte, and Harvey leading the way! WOW, that is worth the price of admission alone.  Also, Pierre an experienced EMD wrestler to make it an even stronger weight class. 

Lecount  pinned Forte a cpl weeks ago @ Bellmont Super Duals...but it was a very close match...back & forth before the fall, a few lead changes, Forte gets reversal to take a 1 point lead late in the 3rd, then Lecount reverses to back for a fall just before buzzer....I pray they are on opposite sides @ Banker's, could go down as one GREAT match under the lights.....I'll take Lecount by the way...

For the past several years, it seems that there are always a few weight classes that would have a wrestler that most feel was a "LOCK" to win it all. This year I personally feel that there are 0 "LOCKS". If I had to pick 1 or 2 then I guess I would say 126 & 220, but I honestly don't feel they are "LOCKS". I do however feel that those 2 weights are the closest to "LOCKS" there is, with 220 being my 1st pick. With the more than likely rematch from last year, I would have to go with the returning champ. At 126, its real hard to bet against the possible 3xer, but the freshman sensation I feel has a shot. I'm not saying its a huge shot or a small shot, but he does have a shot. So what are everyone else's thoughts on this. If you feel there are some "LOCKS", let's hear them...

Who you have beating Big Wes ?

I believe there could be 4 or 5 Irish wrestlers, wrestling under the lights is there any other schools you think might have these numbers in the finals?

Who are your 4 or 5?  I'm seeing three maybe four and I wouldn't say any are certain.  But to answer your question, I don't see any other team with a shot at 4 in the finals

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.