Notable results for the next rankings update

ontherise219

It should be a good tournament.  I didn't get to see any of chafins other matches but I was a bit surprised at the three and four guys at that weight. From my experience at that tournament, not many weights have that kind of depth.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chafin came out for the throw and got put to his back. Olsen re adjusted and chafin stood up and hit it again, that time olsen went to his back. Chafin took a big risk and it paid off,  I'd wait till the Al smith to see how they do to get any idea for the rankings, since that match showed nothing. Olsen doesn't try and change his hands and he comes away with the pin.

So this win doesn't count???

The win counts.  I tried throwing everybody towards the end of my career.  Sometimes it worked, but sometimes I didn't.  Billy Naegel(if you remember him) threw every person he wrestled.  That was just his style of wrestling.  When you're throwing people consistently, it's not "catching" the other person.  Now, I don't know if Chafin throws often or not. 

I never said it didn't count. A win is a win. I explained the situation.  It wasn't pure domination like some quick matches are. Either wrestler could have won. That might come in handy if both of these wrestlers get ranked at some point (even though like I said al smith is this week, those results will help with ranking more) in determining how far apart to put them.

example: if wrestler A goes out, takes down wrestler b, pins him, never in danger of losing, I would say they probably shouldn't be one spot away from eachother. Now if it is back and forth, either person could have won, then someone gets the pin, they should be a lot closer.

Chafin is a returning semistate qualifier if im not mistaken, and deserves to be in consideration for the rankings but if your going to put words in my mouth why stop there? Why not say he caught the 19+ other kids he wrestled. He must of got lucky in every match so that's why he's undefeated.  Details of a match can't possibly help to figure out how to rank people, all that matters is who wins and loses. All I said was it could have went either way, and if you were at the tournament you would probably agree.

It should be a good tournament.  I didn't get to see any of chafins other matches but I was a bit surprised at the three and four guys at that weight. From my experience at that tournament, not many weights have that kind of depth.

Which 3-4 wrestlers do you mean? The 2-0 Overtime match?

Ben Davis First Place Matches:

106 Darin Pemberton (Terre Haute South) 17-3, over Paul McClelland (Ben Davis) 13-5, Fr. (Dec 6-4)

113 James Pritchett (Ben Davis) 15-2, So. over Zack Bartosz (Greensburg) 14-2, Fr. (Fall 2:37)

120 Sawyer Miller (South Adams) 16-0, Jr. over David Lewis (Terre Haute South) 18-4, Jr. (Fall 1:43)

126 Jarrod Hemmings (Booneville) 19-6, Sr. over Jacob Lorimer (South Putnam) 11-4, So. (MD 11-2)

132 Jaylen Roth (Ben Davis) 8-3, So. over Colin McAtee (Mt. Vernon (Fortville)) 17-4, Jr. (MD 14-5)

138 Dillon Deckard (Edgewood) 15-3, Sr. over Charlie Allen (Booneville) 24-2, Sr. (Dec 4-3)

145 Boaz Marbach (South Adams) 19-1, Jr. over Colby Ward (Speedway) 11-2, Sr. (Fall 2:57)

152 Phoenix Adams (Terre Haute South) 21-1,over Joel Chase (Greensburg) 9-3, (TF-1.5 3:10 (16-1))

160 Joe Waters (South Putnam) 11-3, over Dustin Tackett (Mt. Vernon (Fortville)) 15-5, (Fall 3:50).

170 Dylan Lydy (Ben Davis) 16-0, Jr. over Gabe Koontz (Edgewood) 16-2, Jr. (Dec 13-6)

182 Klayton Hinshaw (South Adams) 19-1, Sr. over Kyle Shaffer (South Putnam) 13-1, Fr. (Dec 3-2)

195 Damien Chambers (Edgewood) 15-1, Sr. over Rudy Harris (South Putnam) 10-1, Sr. (Inj. 0:00)

220 Jacob Williams (South Putnam) 10-0, Sr. over Drew Neisius (Greensburg) 14-3, Sr. (Fall 5:07)

285 Norman Oglesby (Ben Davis) 16-0, Jr. over Nathan Hayes (Greensburg) 12-4, Jr. (Fall 1:30)

Just a little confused here.  What weight is Guhl from Cathedral going this year?  He is ranked 16th at 195, yet in the NCSS rankings is at 220? He wrestled the Spartan Classic at 195 and was beaten by Hooten from Batesville.  Hooten has already beaten Madison's Sandlin this season. Hooten was pinned by Rushville's Hittle earlier in the season and then pinned by Franklin County's Harnishfeger very early in the first period at the Spartan Classic.  Harnishfeger then pinned Hittle late in the third. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.