Reminder: IHSWCA Pre-Season Open 10-27-2013

Fabio Jr.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to events done on trackwrestling most people wait until the last minute to sign up and watch who goes where, and make weight according to whom they want to wrestle/want to ditch. Hard to make a "stud list" when one doesn't know who is going until the last minute. And it isn't a "highschool" event, it is AAU/ISWA wrestling so beyond insurance purposes it is not school affiliated in the least other than where the kid wrestles out of...which can be through a school OR club. We can't wait....my boy is super pumped for this coming weekend for sure.

I'm surprised not as many people are signed up

When it comes to events done on trackwrestling most people wait until the last minute to sign up and watch who goes where, and make weight according to whom they want to wrestle/want to ditch. Hard to make a "stud list" when one doesn't know who is going until the last minute. And it isn't a "highschool" event, it is AAU/ISWA wrestling so beyond insurance purposes it is not school affiliated in the least other than where the kid wrestles out of...which can be through a school OR club. We can't wait....my boy is super pumped for this coming weekend for sure.

You must have missed the IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open then as we had a stud list over a month out and had 200 entries two weeks out and over 300 a week out.

We did miss it because we can't afford to go to everything...we pick and choose. I think the "stud lists" are a little unnecessary when the only ones ever mentioned are those who go to everything. Sometimes there are dark horses that only go to few events and they wind up surprising everyone. It's all good though, there were only maybe two kids per weight class when the person asked which is why I said hard to perdict when you didn't even know who was coming yet...may have been a little different with the other one, I don't really know, but trying to make people feel stupid like they are out of touch is a little rude (especially for an administrator) but thanks for putting me in my place : )

You must have missed the IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open then as we had a stud list over a month out and had 200 entries two weeks out and over 300 a week out.

We did miss it because we can't afford to go to everything...we pick and choose. I think the "stud lists" are a little unnecessary when the only ones ever mentioned are those who go to everything. Sometimes there are dark horses that only go to few events and they wind up surprising everyone. It's all good though, there were only maybe two kids per weight class when the person asked which is why I said hard to perdict when you didn't even know who was coming yet...may have been a little different with the other one, I don't really know, but trying to make people feel stupid like they are out of touch is a little rude (especially for an administrator) but thanks for putting me in my place : )

The stud list is about promoting the tournament. If you peruse the stud list for the IHPO you will see wrestlers from at least seven states. By no means is it necessary, but in promotion of the tournament it was an easy way to show how tough it was. Actually the stud list page garnered over 12,000 views so quite a few people were checking it. So yes it was a "little" different.

The "stud list" was a great way to illustrate just how difficult the competition was going to be at the IHPO.  In my opinion, by being able to see very easily that there were "studs" attending the tournament it encouraged more "studs" to attend.  I know from experience you don't want to devote a long drive and a full day in a gym to a tournament that isn't going to offer quality competition.  I think the "stud list" is a big reason why the IHPO has grown so quickly into such a great tournament.  You get quality kids from all over the midwest coming to wrestle other quality kids. 

Great tournament, great officials. Awesome job Brownsburg and Mark Durham. I would also like to thank the father in the crowd that came on the mat to check on my son, my son was not wrestling his son but he was a Dr. and saw a kid collapse on the mat and came to check on him. I would also like to thank the Brownsburg mom who came to check on him as she was a Nurse. Wrestling usually gets a bad rap with (wrestling parents) but these two people prove just how great wrestling people truly are. Thanks to the announcer who stopped us on the way out and asked my sons name so he could pray for him. I can go on and on with the positives but I am done. My son is doing great at home no effects of the incident.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.