Micic vs Boston

unknown wrestler

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reece vs Angel--People claimed Reece was running and so on. Learning from Reece about this helped a lot. You remember all the post. I think both guys did ok. Without Dake Reece would have got his. 2X World team member not to shabby. I know one thing I will be pulling for both at worlds. Remember all the chatter about Jason and Cashe? Wow the pressure Cashe had on him was unreal. Then it was McGill and Cosgrove I think now that was crazy. Then boomsma vs Boston that never happened. Then Micic Vs Boston and the champ goes down at Bankers. He was just better than me that night.

Then Boston ran to Kentucky and he would fall to nothing. He wouldnt have good coaching. Then Micic had a close 9-7 state finals match. People said Micic looked bad and I would have killed him. Then I win Flo and Micic wins Cadets... Boston wins IHPO but doesn't pin or major everyone. Wow what is going on with Boston.

Message board + fans = crazy opinions.. Micic is a true champ and I have won my share. Micic will not get dominated at 126 and I won't at 120. You cant peak at every event so we both pick our styles. I am not trying to peak for a qualifier but in 6-8 weeks. I think we both have had top coaches in our living room and probably most of the same. There will be a Micic Vs Boston 3 when the time is right.

When we leave and we are gone, there will be a Lee or a Williams or Douglas kid that gets built up for the great fall. Its fun for the fans but crazy for the kid.

This weekend was probably my last HS match in my home state. It is a little bitter sweet. I enjoyed the ride. Thank you for a great opportunity and hopefully everyone stays injury free.

Now without bias I deserve my opinion. Jared Williams, Douglas and Wimmer are the best coaches in Indiana P4P. I want to thank them all. How much does Williams weigh?

I also had great club coaches Nelsen and Hull. I will thank you later. I am still part of Indiana pride.

Where am I from Indiana-Kentucky

This is my last post so I hope to see you at the next level. Let Micic vs Boston continue..

Mr. Crary I understand loyalty and you are correct about one thing mr. Micic is a good guy.

Reece vs Angel--People claimed Reece was running and so on. Learning from Reece about this helped a lot. You remember all the post. I think both guys did ok. Without Dake Reece would have got his. 2X World team member not to shabby. I know one thing I will be pulling for both at worlds. Remember all the chatter about Jason and Cashe? Wow the pressure Cashe had on him was unreal. Then it was McGill and Cosgrove I think now that was crazy. Then boomsma vs Boston that never happened. Then Micic Vs Boston and the champ goes down at Bankers. He was just better than me that night.

Then Boston ran to Kentucky and he would fall to nothing. He wouldnt have good coaching. Then Micic had a close 9-7 state finals match. People said Micic looked bad and I would have killed him. Then I win Flo and Micic wins Cadets... Boston wins IHPO but doesn't pin or major everyone. Wow what is going on with Boston.

Message board + fans = crazy opinions.. Micic is a true champ and I have won my share. Micic will not get dominated at 126 and I won't at 120. You cant peak at every event so we both pick our styles. I am not trying to peak for a qualifier but in 6-8 weeks. I think we both have had top coaches in our living room and probably most of the same. There will be a Micic Vs Boston 3 when the time is right.

When we leave and we are gone, there will be a Lee or a Williams or Douglas kid that gets built up for the great fall. Its fun for the fans but crazy for the kid.

This weekend was probably my last HS match in my home state. It is a little bitter sweet. I enjoyed the ride. Thank you for a great opportunity and hopefully everyone stays injury free.

Now without bias I deserve my opinion. Jared Williams, Douglas and Wimmer are the best coaches in Indiana P4P. I want to thank them all. How much does Williams weigh?

I also had great club coaches Nelsen and Hull. I will thank you later. I am still part of Indiana pride.

Where am I from Indiana-Kentucky

This is my last post so I hope to see you at the next level. Let Micic vs Boston continue..

Mr. Crary I understand loyalty and you are correct about one thing mr. Micic is a good guy.

: Nathan, I wish you the best in all that you do. Kudos for your post.

Ok I'll bite, why does the fact that Harvard has a SO at 133 factor in the decision in anyway?

JMO, as good as Micic is, he's not beating out Brad Perkins for the 125# spot.  Evaluating a school based on the current lineup is a factor that needs to be considered unless your choosing a school for academic purposes or if the school that's recruiting you is your dream school.

Harvard is a 4 year, no red/grey shirt year.  So with Perkins FR and Ott SO would have to be a consideration as well.  If they both were JR or SR this year, that would be ideal.

It's like a top recruit wanting to attend Ohio State with Tomasello there is a risking proposition.  Not saying that Perkins is at that level but Perkins is pretty dang close.

JMO, as good as Micic is, he's not beating out Brad Perkins for the 125# spot.  Evaluating a school based on the current lineup is a factor that needs to be considered unless your choosing a school for academic purposes or if the school that's recruiting you is your dream school.

Harvard is a 4 year, no red/grey shirt year.  So with Perkins FR and Ott SO would have to be a consideration as well.  If they both were JR or SR this year, that would be ideal.

It's like a top recruit wanting to attend Ohio State with Tomasello there is a risking proposition.  Not saying that Perkins is at that level but Perkins is pretty dang close.

He'd have the ideal situation at Purdue, Eppert and Cashe graduating, Ayersman moving to 133, what a great opportunity.

I'm a Purdue grad, so I value my education and loved my time in West Lafayette, however, all things being considered, getting a degree from Harvard is more bang for your buck.  If all the schools mentioned are providing him with equal tuition packages, I think the choice is easy.  Wrestling will rarely make someone a rich man or woman, so I'd personally attend the school the would provide me with the best opportunity of success post wrestling.  That's just one man's opinion. 

in reality though, having a degree from harvard is only as good as the person who has it........it might impress some people but most will look past it and judge the person , not where he went to college at.......the degree from purdue is just as good in the end......i know of a notre dame grad who could only find a job as an appliance salesman at sears......it's really not about where you go but what you make of where you go......

Look, I'm not going to debate about this beyond this post, but there's a big world outside of the state of Indiana, and as I stated, I'm a proud Purdue Alum, but outside of our state, no one thinks that a Harvard degree is the same as a Purdue degree.  I agree the person holding the degree is an important factor as well, but let me tell you, I'm in a position where I hire people and I do look at where a person received a degree.  When all you have to go on is the paper the resume is written on, you better believe that the person with the degree from the more prestigious school will get the interview with me.  After the interview process plays out, all bets are off and the best person win, but prior to the interview, where you went to school and your grades matter. 

I also hire people at my business and of course you look at their resume and grades, but past that it is really about the person and their character. And I'm much more interested in their grades than where they went to school at. Although Michigan grads might get a little more interest from me........lol

I have to agree with sportsfangms.  An Ivy League education trumps a degree from a non Ivy League school with everything else being equal.  If the Purdue graduate remain in IN then I can see how it might not make a difference but going outside of the state, I can't imagine that they both are viewed as the same quality of education.

I remember back in the day when employees had to pick their doctor from a list of providers, how many of them do you think picked an Ivy League doctor over a non Ivy League doctor? 

Getting into a school who's acceptance rate is just under 7% with over 37,000 applications vs a school that has a 50% acceptance rate (I don't know Purdue's rate), seems like a very good start when it comes to getting a top quaility education.

I also hire people, and also am somewhat of a statistics/odds junky.  Sportsfangms is on the money.  There are more billionaires, millionaires, CEOs, etc. that come out of Harvard than any other school.  The networking alone weighs heavily against any non Ivy League school.  I applaud anyone for getting their degree; however, the opportunity to attend an Ivy League school, especially Harvard is special in my opinion. 

I also hire people, and also am somewhat of a statistics/odds junky.  Sportsfangms is on the money.  There are more billionaires, millionaires, CEOs, etc. that come out of Harvard than any other school.  The networking alone weighs heavily against any non Ivy League school.  I applaud anyone for getting their degree; however, the opportunity to attend an Ivy League school, especially Harvard is special in my opinion.

What's the odds to be accepted to Harvard and to be a competitive D1 wrestler?

Everyone wants to be competitive but at the end of the day, I'll encourage my wrestler to think beyond the 4-5 years he'll spend wrestling in college.  Those 4-5 years won't mean anything compared to the 40+ years he'll be in the workforce.

Hah! That's a great question, and I am sure I could spend some time to figure the exact odds.  That said, Harvard actually does not award athletic scholarships.  I don't believe any Ivy League school does. They offer academic scholarships based on need, which is really a way to mask it being an athletic scholarship.

The answer to your question though is going to be very low odds.  Way less than 1%

Whatever decisions these kids make, I wish them the best of luck and fortune for their futures.  Like meluvwrestling stated, for most unless you are coaching(which I applaud) wrestling accomplishments mean little after college. 

Hah! That's a great question, and I am sure I could spend some time to figure the exact odds.  That said, Harvard actually does not award athletic scholarships.  I don't believe any Ivy League school does. They offer academic scholarships based on need, which is really a way to mask it being an athletic scholarship.

The answer to your question though is going to be very low odds.  Way less than 1%

Whatever decisions these kids make, I wish them the best of luck and fortune for their futures.  Like meluvwrestling stated, for most unless you are coaching(which I applaud) wrestling accomplishments mean little after college.

Agreed, and I think every parent should ask their kid this very important question prior to making a decision where to attend if going to college on a athletic scholarship. Would you still choose this school or finish your education at this school if you couldn't wrestle for whatever reason (injury, loose interest with the sport, don't make the line up, ect...)? I'm not sure enough of these young men are choosing these schools for the right reasons, like will I get a quality degree in a area I plan to earn my livelihood on, or can I see myself being here if I weren't in a sport! I know situations arise that leaving a school is best for some, but I think there would be less kids loosing and or wasting a year or so of their lives if more of them really understood the last sentence in the quote above by meluvwrestling.

If nothing else I've tried to make sure my son understands that wrestling at a D1 college is much like a job, because grown men's jobs are kept and lost based on your success or lack there of, so you better love the sport at this level because it's no longer just about having fun, and hanging with the guys! JMO

Below is the acceptance rate.  I know for a fact that Harvard wrestling team gets 7 recommendation to submit to admission but that doesn't mean those 7 get accepted.  Also, if a athletics gets injured or decides not to wrestle after being accepted, the Ivy League schools can't reduce or revoke your financial need award money. 

Stanford University, 5.69 percent

Stanford reports that it received a record 38,828 applications from around the world and accepted 2,210. Of those, 725 applicants who were accepted in December through the early action program. The Stanford Daily reports that another 813 students are on a wait-list. This years admit rate of 5.7 percent is the universitys lowest yet and makes it slightly more selective than Harvard.

Harvard University, 5.79 percent

Harvard reports that it received 35,023 applications for the Class of 2017 and accepted 2,029 students. This years acceptance rate of 5.8 percent is slightly down from last years 5.9 percent. For those accepted, about 10 percent are international students, and 53.4 percent are men. Outside of class and test-taking, 42 percent cited involvement in music and other expressive and performing arts, 35 percent have been involved with debate and political activities, including student government, and 54 percent plan to participate in recreational, intramural or intercollegiate athletics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.