2013-2014 award predictions

Lets make some predictions for the season. Who do you think, at seasons end, we will say deserve these awards

Outstanding Wrestler (best p4p)

Best Freshman

Best Soph

Best Junior

Best Senior

Comeback Wrestler (who will do good this year who didn't do great last year or got hurt last year)

Biggest Suprise

Outstanding Wrestler (best p4p): Micic

Best Freshman:Stewart/Lee

Best Soph:Chad Red

Best Junior:Tommy Forte

Best Senior:Micic

Comeback Wrestler (who will do good this year who didn't do great last year or got hurt last year):Kanez Omar-Wayne

Biggest Suprise Individual:Josh Heckathorn-Rochester

Biggest Suprise Team:Ft Wayne Wayne

Biggest Suprise Team:Ft Wayne Wayne

Just curious as to what surprises you see in store for Fort Wayne Wayne this year?  They have been improving every year since coach Johnson has been there, and are already one of the better teams in the regional.  Seeing that they are already a pretty good team, if they finish in say the top five of the regional, or even top two I don't see that as a surprise at all.  Do you have them winning the SAC, sectional, regional?  The only one of those that would be a "surprise" would be them winning the regional IMO.  Do you see them pulling off a number of state qualifiers?  I could easily see one or two, anything more would be a surprise I guess.  Just curious to what surprises you see in store.  Again they have been pretty good the last couple of years, I really don't think anyone would be too shocked if they even got second in the Ft. Wayne regional, so just curious to what the big surprise will be.

Just curious as to what surprises you see in store for Fort Wayne Wayne this year?  They have been improving every year since coach Johnson has been there, and are already one of the better teams in the regional.  Seeing that they are already a pretty good team, if they finish in say the top five of the regional, or even top two I don't see that as a surprise at all.  Do you have them winning the SAC, sectional, regional?  The only one of those that would be a "surprise" would be them winning the regional IMO.  Do you see them pulling off a number of state qualifiers?  I could easily see one or two, anything more would be a surprise I guess.  Just curious to what surprises you see in store.  Again they have been pretty good the last couple of years, I really don't think anyone would be too shocked if they even got second in the Ft. Wayne regional, so just curious to what the big surprise will be.

Wayne hasn't won the SAC since 1986-1987 if they can win that Surprise! Winning the Sectional would be a surprise to many. Two state qualifiers would be a pragmatic estimation I assume you mean Johnson and Omar. So if they both place in state surprise. And If Wayne has more than 2 qualifiers Surprise. Winning the Regional Big Surprise. You want me to go out on a limb? Conference(barring several injuries) should be a lock. Sectional I'll predict 9 get out. Regional at least 7. State at least 3 maybe 4. SURPRISE. SUrprise. Surprise. 

Outstanding Wrestler (best p4p) - micic

Best Freshman - Lee

Best Soph - Hughes

Best Junior - Forte

Best Senior - Micic

Comeback Wrestler (who will do good this year who didn't do great last year or got hurt last year)

Biggest Suprise - the whole sb adams wrestling team! Kidding. Ill go with chadwick of mish.

Outstanding Wrestler (best p4p) - Stevan Micic

Best Freshman - Nick Lee

Best Soph - CJ Red

Best Junior - Tommy Forte

Best Senior - Cody Lecount, actually Micic but since he was already the p4p choice, I'm going with Robinson

Comeback Wrestler - Forrest Glogouski, though he had a good season last year, he got the draw of hell at semi-state. He should bounce back and probably place at state again.

Biggest Suprise - Well if we knew that, they wouldn't be much of a surprise. ;)

I have to second that nomination for biggest surprise.  Randy Scott is going to catch a few off guard this year.  I have had the chance to watch him wrestle all summer long and I was pleasantly surprised early on but as the summer went on, I was no longer surprised, but rather began to expect team points when he took the mat.  I am looking forward to seeing him on the podium this year.

Got to spend some time watching Scott this summer. He is a beast and has no give up in him. Really enjoyed watching him at Daytona and Fargo! He should be podium bound this year!

After a solid high school season (semi-state 30+ wins), a 2nd in Fargo Greco, and a 8th in Fargo Freestyle I'm not sure Scott is a surprise anymore, at least to those following the off season and semi-state.  But, hopefully his experience this summer will be the spark he needs to him over the hump this coming season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.