Weights

1prouddad

I think Harvey(126lbs 3rd) will be at 132lbs, Corsaro (152lbs runner up) returns at 152lbs, Rypel(7th 160lbs) at 170lbs and Bernard(3rd) at Hwt all for the Irish...Now throw in Bailey @ 106lbs, Turner @113lbs, Stewart @160lbs, and a young man from the Avon area who's name escapes me at the moment, along with maybe 1-2 others with Devine(132lbsSSQ) & Larson(145lbs SSQ), and Gohul @195lbsl & Burks@220lbs and that my friend would be a lineup that would tough for any team to compete with any next season...IMO

And I wonder why people say the Catholic Schools recruit and don't give me that crap they grew up in the CYO Leagues (Bailey-Stewart)... I just wonder if some of them will get there and realize the grass isn't that green at the Cathedral Irish!

Seems a little early to be figuring out weight classes of wrestlers for next season already.

No, not trying to figure weight classes at all. I know that many of the guys are either low in weight and can come back next year at the same,wrestled up due to line up, or whatever it may be. Just a question I thought I would throw out there.

And I wonder why people say the Catholic Schools recruit and don't give me that crap they grew up in the CYO Leagues (Bailey-Stewart)... I just wonder if some of them will get there and realize the grass isn't that green at the Cathedral Irish!

tkdwn 2 -I share your disdain for the way one particular Catholic school in Indy (and most of the Catholic schools in FW I hear) go about finding their athletes, but you can't lump all of the Catholic schools together as "recruiters". (I know Roncalli never recruited while I was involved as an athlete/coach because all of their kids were Catholic kids from the south deanery feeder schools.)

You also must admit that Warren Central/BD Football as well as LN basketball benefitted from some nice move-ins however I believe it is a moot point now that we have open enrollment, right?

Let me finish by saying that if I still coached I would rather lose with my own kids from my feeder school/hometown kids than win with "move-ins".

Ill remember that if you ever get a move in you MUST bench him because he isnt one of your "homers"

Fabio- I dont think you read/understood my post...oh well.

FYI- I am not a coach so you don't need to waste your time keeping tabs on my move-ins. I do maintain that  IF I were coaching I would rather lose with my kids than win with recruits.

Kids and famlies pick and seek out schools, so all this recruit talk is garbage.. Look at some of this year state champs some have attended several schools others are move ins. Thats not recruiting its family choices and the rules say you can start at whatever school you choose....

Kids and famlies pick and seek out schools, so all this recruit talk is garbage.. Look at some of this year state champs some have attended several schools others are move ins. Thats not recruiting its family choices and the rules say you can start at whatever school you choose....

Can you honestly say that recruiting does not ever happen at the HS level in Indiana?

side note- I am not talking about open enrollment. I am also not talking about Catholic kids who choose to go to an excellent Catholic school (such as Cathedral) that offers many great experiences (faith, academic, and athletic)

LOL... and the schools they are "picking" and "seeking out" are chosen strickly for academic reasons and give no mind to wrestling programs, right? Please..... let's not get started down that silly road..

Can you honestly say that recruiting does not ever happen at the HS level in Indiana?

side note- I am not talking about open enrollment. I am also not talking about Catholic kids who choose to go to an excellent Catholic school (such as Cathedral) that offers many great experiences (faith, academic, and athletic)

Im saying my son was a Perry kid his whole life, and not only did he choose not to go there, but we went right by Roncalli to attend Cathedral!Last I checked PM and Roncalli both have darn good programs. That's not recruiting unless you want to say that we recruited them. You always want to point the finger at a school like this, when you have state champs walking around who went to 2-3 schools, and where kids are driving crosstown to go to school not to mention the kids and schools who will let their kids walk around with under a 2.0 GPA. Find a bigger and better target.............

As a parent of a Cathedral wrestler, I must say that I am looking forward to next year (and the following ones of course).  I also must say that I find the recruiting talk interesting. I dont know about anyone else but either they just weren't really interested in my pretty well known wrestler or they did a great job of hiding it. We were not contacted by anyone from the school until well into the application process and even then, I had to seek out the coach to discuss the wrestling program.  Obviously I was familiar with their athletic tradition but enrolling my son was primarily for the purpose of the education and the atmosphere.  We had several other free public schools that he could have gone to with excellent wrestling programs that just weren't what my son needed.  Everyone has their reasons for choosing the school their children go to.  Instead of always screaming recruiting, maybe consider that the parents went there, maybe the public school option in the area is not the atmosphere they want their child in, or maybe they see how much their son's best friend has benefitted from the school and are tired of him saying that they need to go to the "best school ever" (taking credit for my own personal Stewart recruiting, lol).  Seriously though, how many parents can say that their child actually looks forward to going to school everyday?  I can say that.

It is a fact that Private schools have the benefit of drawing students from all over. That should not be confused with recruiting.

Im saying my son was a Perry kid his whole life, and not only did he choose not to go there, but we went right by Roncalli to attend Cathedral!Last I checked PM and Roncalli both have darn good programs. That's not recruiting unless you want to say that we recruited them. You always want to point the finger at a school like this, when you have state champs walking around who went to 2-3 schools, and where kids are driving crosstown to go to school not to mention the kids and schools who will let their kids walk around with under a 2.0 GPA. Find a bigger and better target.............

Big Bob- First of all I don't believe anyone mentioned anything about your situation although I may have missed it. It sounds like it was the right choice for you and your son ( who btw seems like a class act in the several meets I have watched him).

What I am mostly referring to precedes your very short 2.5 years (roughly) that you have been involved with Cathedral and is not limited to wrestling.

Big Bob- First of all I don't believe anyone mentioned anything about your situation although I may have missed it. It sounds like it was the right choice for you and your son ( who btw seems like a class act in the several meets I have watched him).

What I am mostly referring to precedes your very short 2.5 years (roughly) that you have been involved with Cathedral and is not limited to wrestling.

I went to Cathedral back in 1973 and my brother who is a coach at PM went to Cathedral so I have a little more than your 2.5 years invested at Cathedral so try a new excuse my friend!

I went to Cathedral back in 1973 and my brother who is a coach at PM went to Cathedral so I have a little more than your 2.5 years invested at Cathedral so try a new excuse my friend!

Haven't payed much attention to them between the years of 1973 and 2010 then. I have plenty of first hand accounts so you will never convince me otherwise...I guess we agree to disagree on the matter.

Im pretty sure it would be a waste for Ben Stewart, Skylour Turner and Breyden Bailey to wrestle in CYO. They are competing very well in state and national Tourneys let alone them wrestling CYO. It would be boring for them and they wouldnt have fun

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.