incoming freshman who should be ranked

ontherise219

Here let me help. Yes red coaches at new pal, no cj does not go there. Hopefully next year, him and Tommy will make great partners for each other .Yes Cj is a very talented wrestler. No they have never wrestled, due to the iswa cut off they will never be in the same age group. No Tommy, unless he doesn't gain another pound all year, will not be at 106# next year. No he is not close to 120# but you never know what is to come. Yes Hughes will be a great 106# next year. I will put my money on red, Hughes and Cottey as the top 3 106# next year (no particular order). Thank you all for all the nice words and all the support you have given to Tommy all year long. And Carlton is from the fresh prince of Bel Air not saved by the bell but ac Slater was from saved by the bell. Just in case you are on jeopardy some day and the topic is 90s tv trivia, I would hate for you to get it wrong  ;D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106 will be stacked- Drew Hughes,Brock Hudkins,CJ Red, Nick Ellis, Sage.Coy, Brett Johnson, and Matt McKiney

what happened to B.Johnson at middle school state ?

Brett lost a tough match to Shane Wilkerson in the quarters.

I'll be suprised if all those guys make 106# next year.

lpdo96 your son will make some noise as well next year.  He is a stud.  I think this group coming in next season will have a better showing at the state tournament than this years.  Not knocking anyone, but there are some really good Indiana Wrestlers coming up that will make our entire state proud at future National Events.  I for one can't wait to see how all these athletes do next season.  Keep up the hard work and keep traveling during the spring.  It will make you a better wrestler.

lpdo96 your son will make some noise as well next year.  He is a stud.  I think this group coming in next season will have a better showing at the state tournament than this years.  Not knocking anyone, but there are some really good Indiana Wrestlers coming up that will make our entire state proud at future National Events.  I for one can't wait to see how all these athletes do next season.  Keep up the hard work and keep traveling during the spring.  It will make you a better wrestler.

JT will absolutly make an impact. Question is..... where?  ;D

MCKAJC,

You are correct. It is "possible" that Jake will be wrestling in Illinois for high school. This is not to say that we don't support the Lowell program or their coaches, they are wonderful people and we love them like family . A final decision regarding this will be forthcoming soon.  :)

The new weight classes have really changed the way the lowest weight is filled, there used to be very few juniors or seniors in 103 with the weight mostly filled by freshman.  But if you look at this year compared to last year the additional three pounds appears to have made it more viable for returning classes to stay down, making it a very tough and deep weight class.  I agree the incoming freshman will make an impact, but freshman probably won't be as dominant as they were when the weight was 103.

I never would have guessed 3 pounds would have made as much of a difference as it has.

MCKAJC,

You are correct. It is "possible" that Jake will be wrestling in Illinois for high school. This is not to say that we don't support the Lowell program or their coaches, they are wonderful people and we love them like family . A final decision regarding this will be forthcoming soon.  :)

Is the news conference scheduled yet?

0708-lebron-james-decision-charity_full_600.jpg

KarlHungas,

No, no hoopla like LeBron! hahaha...but since MCKAJC inquired on a couple of posts, I thought I would address his question.

It was more directed at him, personally, than the WHOLE WORLD as in LeBron's case. LOL

:) :) :) :) :)

KarlHungas,

No, no hoopla like LeBron! hahaha...but since MCKAJC inquired on a couple of posts, I thought I would address his question.

It was more directed at him, personally, than the WHOLE WORLD as in LeBron's case. LOL

:) :) :) :) :)

Hey Shane,

IL's gain will be IN's loss. You guys have been a big part of my boys development. I'll always appreciate that. I've really been impressed with Jakes development as a young man. We'll always root for him, well almost always(Jason and Cody  ;D) And I have no doubt he will be a success which ever road your family chooses.

Is it a foregone conclusion that Micic moves up to 113 next year?  Otherwise, I would think he'd have something to say about who is the best at 106 next year.

I would guess that since Boston and Micic are both serious about wrestling in college, they would slowly start moving their way up towards 126 (see Ayersman, Kyle).

Thanks Mike! Either way, we'll remain in the RWA room throughout the off-season for HS and we'll be able to train with both IN/IL wrestlers. RWA is getting a nice mix of both. I see RWA becoming the next "OVERTIME" in the Chicagoland area.

106 will be stacked- Drew Hughes,Brock Hudkins,CJ Red, Nick Ellis, Sage.Coy, Brett Johnson, and Matt McKiney

from what i hear brett johnson will most likely be 113, cause he cant beat cottey, and cottey is staying 106. i have that feeling that boston will try to stay 106# if micic goes up to 113#

from what i hear brett johnson will most likely be 113, cause he cant beat cottey, and cottey is staying 106. i have that feeling that boston will try to stay 106# if micic goes up to 113#

boston will not be at 106 again...you could tell that cutting weight was taking a toll on this kids wrestling ability...boston was very impressive but he just looked like he was very unhealthy...boston will be at 120

boston will not be at 106 again...you could tell that cutting weight was taking a toll on this kids wrestling ability...boston was very impressive but he just looked like he was very unhealthy...boston will be at 120

Are you saying that he tried to cut his hand off to make weight?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.