Evansville Semi-State

BlueBolt

I am not sure King will get past Fiddler.  Fiddler has lost to

Mappes 1-3

Underwood 5-8

Massengale  0-1

Massengale   2-3

WIllis    2-5

Those are some quality losses, however he only beat his first round opponent 5-3 this year.  I see Fiddler making it to the championship!

Regional Numbers: sending guys to state

Eville: 26

Bl. South 11

Mooresville: 11

Jeff: 8

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every wrestler is better this time of year just some willing to work harder gain over the ones that dont. Mappes is a great wrestler that works hard. The rematch could still go either way. Beating Warren two out of three times was no fluke. On another note I would not want to be in 138 class this weekend with Lannert. I see him getting to the finals.

I agree that the rematch could go either way, but it will be hard for king to make it through with fiddler in the ticket round. I see sean in the finals against either fiddler or king for a good finals match. And yes 138 is going to be very good and i think lannert makes a big impact on everyone and comes out victorious this weekend

Here are my predictions for top four.

106-Kuhn, Kennedy, Smith, Fox

113-LaHue, Schoettle, Johnson, Davis

120-Welch, Johns, Shepherd, Goebel

126-Vanhook, Wedding, Pierre, Broukal

132-Molloy, Hupp, Moody, Marler

138-Lannert, Kelley, Judy, Kelly

145-Hayhurst, Bassemier, Montgomery, Singleton

152-Rueger, Richey, Kriech, Burnette

160-Underwood, Warner, Lough, Oser

170-Mappes, King, Warren, Bowman

182-Brandenstein, Thacker, Wathen, Konerding

195-Maurer, Jones, Curtley, Halbig

220-Knura, Bass, Boehm, See

285-Suter, Phillips, Wright, Hohl

Wath the tape of sean against aaron and then the match of sean vs bowman at regionals and tell me that he does not look better than he did in his match at the beginning of the year against aaron

I don't doubt that.. I'm just wondering what if King is also on a mission... Is this mission available to others?  What if Fiddler decided to join this same mission this week.

I don't doubt that.. I'm just wondering what if King is also on a mission... Is this mission available to others?  What if Fiddler decided to join this same mission this week.

well we will have to wait to see on saturday who comes out on top and it can only be fiddler or king that makes it so it is a shame cause both could place so both seniors are gonna leave it all on the line in the brutal ticket round match And then the winner against sean in the finals

There are no easy draws this time of year but there are some tougher than average draws. Lannerts group, Davis's group, Mastisons group, Kings group, Weddings group, and Browns group are looking at a hard 6 minutes in the ticket round and I do feel for them. That being said...all of them lost at Regionals so they can be beat. This is what makes Saturday so fun.

Predictions in bracket order...

106 Smith Brown Kuhn Fox

113 Davis LaHue Schoettle Johnson

120 Shepherd Welch Goebel Johns

126 Broukal VanHook Pierre Wedding

132 Marler Hupp Molloy Moody

138 Kelley Stevenson Lannert Hoehn

145 Hayhurst McCreary Bassmier Montgomery

152 Rueger Dallas Richey Burnette

160 Underwood Oser Warner Tough

170 King Bowman Warren Mappes

182 Brandenstein Wathen Thacker Konerding

195 Haley Jones Maurer Curtley

220 Collins Knura Bass Boehm

285 McKee Phillips Suter Wright

in bracket order

106 - Smith, Brown, Kuhn, Fox

113 - Davis, Lahue, Schoettle, Johnson

120 - Shepherd, Welch, Goebel, Johns

126 - Broukal, Vanhook, Pierre, Wedding

132 - Marler, Hupp, Molloy, Moody

138 - Kelly, Stevenson, Lannert, Hoehn

145 - Hayhurst, Singleton, Bassemier, Appell

152 - Rueger, Kreich, Richey, Henshaw

160 - Underwood, Oser, Warner, Tough

170 - King, Bowman, Warren, Mappes

182 - Brandenstein, Wathen, Thacker, Konerding

195 - Halbig, Lane, Maurer, Curtley

220 -Collins, Knura, Bass, Boehm

285 - Hohl, Phillips, Suter, Wright

Brown

Kuhn

Smith

Fox

Lahue

Schoettle

Johnson

Davis

Welch

Lykins

Shepherd

Johns

Vanhook

Wedding

Broukal

Pierre

Molloy

Marler

Moody

Hupp

Lannert

B. Kelly

Judy

G. Kelly

Montgomery

Hayhurst

Mundy

Emily

Richey

Rueger

Kriech

Burnette

Oser

Tough

Underwood

Warner

Mappes

Bowman

Warren

King

Branderstein

Thacker

Wathen

Konerding

Maurer

Jones

Curtley

Haley

Bass

Knura

Boehm

See

Suter

Phillips

Wright

Ponder

106Kuhn Smith Kennedy Fox  113 Lahue Schoettle ONeal Davis 120Shepherd Johns Welch Lykins 126 Wedding Van Hook Broukal Jamison 132Molloy Marler Moody Hupp 138Judy Meza Lannert Hayes 145Montgomery Hayhurst Bassemier Singleton 152Rueger Richey Kriech Brunette 160 Underwood Tough Oser Warner 170Mappes King Warren Bowman 182Brandenstein Thacker Wathen Fish 195Maurer Halbig Curtley Jones 220 Bass Knura Hesler Stinnett 285 Suter Snyder Wright Hohl

After taking a real close look at the brackets,  yet again this year we see some really ugly match-up early on.  Some regional's with two studs have the unlucky situation of drawing into each other in the ticket round.  Going to be a crazy round when in some cases both ranked guys in the round to go could easily be semi-state champ.

After taking a real close look at the brackets,  yet again this year we see some really ugly match-up early on.  Some regional's with two studs have the unlucky situation of drawing into each other in the ticket round.  Going to be a crazy round when in some cases both ranked guys in the round to go could easily be semi-state champ.

Two wrestlers from the same regional can not meet in the ticket round.  The could meet in the semis though.

Two wrestlers from the same regional can not meet in the ticket round.  The could meet in the semis though.

What I'm saying is since a few regionals have stud finalists one has to be 2nd.  Then they draw into another regional in the ticket round. That tough regional finalists draws into another tough regional finalist.  Where the other part of that side of the bracket isn't such a meat grinder.  Guess I just worded it weird.   i.e. Castle Regional finalists both highly ranked and one has to come in second.  Then he gets the unlucky draw of running into a highly ranked stud from the  Bloomington South regional in the ticket round.    One move realistically will be the different between going home and high state place for a few guys.

Top 4 in order

106  Kuhn, Kennedy, Smith, Schermer

113  Lahue, Schoettle, O'neal, Davis

120  Welch, Johns, Shepherd, Lykins

126  Wedding, VanHook, Pierre, Meenach

132  Molloy, Marler, Moody, Hupp

138  Judy, B.Kelly, Lannert, Meza

145  Montgomery, Hayhurst, Bassmier, McCreary

152  Rueger, Richey, Kriech, Burnett

160  Underwood, Lough, Oser, Warner

170  Mappes, Fiddler, Bowman, Warren

182  Brandenstein, Randall, Wathen, Thacker

195  Maurer, Jones, Curtley, Halbig

220  Knura, Bass, Boehm, See

285  Suter, Phillips, Wright, Ponder

Hello all Evansville Semi-state fans. I work at the new Ford Center as the Production Manager and I wanted to post a few things for all of you attending this year. I am a huge wrestling fan and have been attending and working the Evansville Semi-state for many years. It's a new arena (obviously), so things will be a little bit different as far as the layout goes. I also wanted to let you know of a few tips and  rules so as to save some hassles at the door.

First, there is a free parking lot on 9th Street behind the Civic Center. It is at the corner of 9th and Walnut St. There are also 4 parking garages within a couple of blocks of the arena. Make sure not to park on the rear property of the arena, on Main Street in front of the arena, or in the D-Patrick car lot on 6th street.

Next, the public entrance to the Ford Center is on Main Street near MLK.

The wrestler and coaches entrance is on 6th Street near Walnut Street at the rear of the arena. This is where all team coolers will need to be brought in as well.

There are some premium seats in the arena (in an area accessible to the public) that are sold for the event that day that will unfortunately be unavailable to the general public. We will have these stanchioned off and marked, so if you do not have loge seat tickets please avoid these.

Lastly, do not try to bring coolers in through the front door. If it is for the wrestler it needs to go to the wrestler and coaches entrance. There also is no outside food or drink allowed inside.

I can't wait for Saturday, because it is sure going to look awesome in a new state of the art arena. The rest of the state sure would be jealous if they knew how sweet the Evansville semi-state is going to be.

Hello all Evansville Semi-state fans. I work at the new Ford Center as the Production Manager and I wanted to post a few things for all of you attending this year. I am a huge wrestling fan and have been attending and working the Evansville Semi-state for many years. It's a new arena (obviously), so things will be a little bit different as far as the layout goes. I also wanted to let you know of a few tips and  rules so as to save some hassles at the door.

First, there is a free parking lot on 9th Street behind the Civic Center. It is at the corner of 9th and Walnut St. There are also 4 parking garages within a couple of blocks of the arena. Make sure not to park on the rear property of the arena, on Main Street in front of the arena, or in the D-Patrick car lot on 6th street.

Next, the public entrance to the Ford Center is on Main Street near MLK.

The wrestler and coaches entrance is on 6th Street near Walnut Street at the rear of the arena. This is where all team coolers will need to be brought in as well.

There are some premium seats in the arena (in an area accessible to the public) that are sold for the event that day that will unfortunately be unavailable to the general public. We will have these stanchioned off and marked, so if you do not have loge seat tickets please avoid these.

Lastly, do not try to bring coolers in through the front door. If it is for the wrestler it needs to go to the wrestler and coaches entrance. There also is no outside food or drink allowed inside.

I can't wait for Saturday, because it is sure going to look awesome in a new state of the art arena. The rest of the state sure would be jealous if they knew how sweet the Evansville semi-state is going to be.

Appreciate all the info.  Do you know how the mats will be set up?  Will the be in a square or 1-4 all in a line?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.