To Coaches

Jake Riesen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Karl for the Update.  Speaking of updates, we are currently at 47 schools that are on record.  That is right at 15 percent.  Please get on record before the December 4th coaches association meeting.  Also lets get some coaches to the meeting.  Right now we are the silent majority and we need to step up and put our time and effort where our mouth is.  If you can not attend please let your regional rep know where you stand on the issue.

Sorry for the late update today, but it has been a busy one.  We are at almost 20% of the team coaches being on record.  We still have a few days left before the all important coaches association meeting.  Please inform your coaches that we want to know where they stand on the issue of a classed team state.

I agree with Coach, and that will definatly be part of the discussion this weekend.  I just want to get as many coaches on record for the general idea of class wrestling team tourney.  If we can show a general consensus we can work forward with the details and make the tourney a spectacular event.  Also I want to personally invite coach Corbett to the December 4th meeting.  I think it is going to be just as important to have your input on the event as it will be to have your general thoughts on a classed team tournement.  Thank you for weighing in coach.    

We are now up to 61 coaches lets try and get that to 100 by friday.  Make some calls lets get every coach possible on record.  Regional reps please contact your coaches lets get this list together.

Southridge, 2A - As the head coach I would NOT favor a class tournament for next year or any year thereafter. I feel that Indiana should keep its current format and only have 1 state champion per weight class. I see no reason to dilute wrestling and take away from the individual regional, semi-states, and state tournament we now enjoy. Would a class 2A state champion that never faced the 3A state champ really be the STATE CHAMP?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.