Harvey Ranked #1

fc215

Oh ok, thanks for the correction. Just never really been impressed with him enough to believe he is a #1 kid...  Any others who agree or disagree? If so explain why...

Umm, he is a three-time state placer while moving up significantly in weight.  He is definitely a very good wrestler when you can adjust to different weight classes like he has.  He started out at 103lbs and will be wrestling 152 or 160 this year and probably be a top three wrestler at either weight. 

Indiana's not quite at the point yet where we've got potential national champions ranked #1 at every weight class.  Harvey's no different from hundreds of very good wrestlers before him that are deserving of the #1 rank in a weight class where there's no significant favorite. 

He wasn't undeserving of his rank last year either.  He got upset.  Upsets happen.  In hindsight, Molloy was obviously #1, but it was difficult to gauge how much Molloy had improved.  Looking back, it's easy to say Harvey was overrated; but he had certainly done enough previously to deserve being #1 over all the other candidates.  This year is the same.  He might not win it all, but he's definitely got the credentials to be #1 ahead of the other candidates at his weight.  We'll see what happens.

There have been other opinions posted on here much more negative than that and noone has said anything.  Just to say you are not that impressed with someone is classless?  Never said he wasn't good!!! Just  not sure he is #1 thats all.  Wouldn't you think moving up that much weight would make it more difficult, especially when you didnt finish in the top 3 of the weight you were in last year.  Please someone correct me if i am wrong.  Again, not saying the kid isn't good or that I do not like him.  Just an opinion.. Last time I checked, I was free to have one of those. Like to have good debates.

I think Harvey was right there with the best in his weight class last year, but he seemed to wear down a little at the end of the year. Each round of the postseason, he seemed to be a little bit less explosive and struggled a little bit with stamina. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a weight issue, as his huge leap in weight class coming into this season seems to suggest. Harvey is very, very good and a state title is not out of the question by any means.

Im not quite sure that I ragged on the kid.  I simply said I was not that impressed to make him #1.  I never said I did not like the kid, I never said that he was not any good.  I have never nor would I ever get on here and tear a kid apart.  What part of sayning you are not that impressed is untactfull? Pease explain! He is a good wrestler, I just feel that there are kids who may be better.

Im not quite sure that I ragged on the kid.  I simply said I was not that impressed to make him #1.  I never said I did not like the kid, I never said that he was not any good.  I have never nor would I ever get on here and tear a kid apart.  What part of sayning you are not that impressed is untactfull? Pease explain! He is a good wrestler, I just feel that there are kids who may be better.

just tell y2 who you are, so you can be ranked ahead of him

What part of sayning you are not that impressed is untactfull?

When you call a kid out in the heading of a post, then say he shouldn't be ranked number one because he never won the championship, and lastly say that you've never been impressed with him.

So who should be ranked number one at 152?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.